New Dev Talk: GvG Season 2 Improvements

• tabooshka schrieb:

Funstealer schrieb:

since you mentioned castles in your video here maybe it will be looked again if mentioned

the "prime time" for what are suppose to be NA castles is no where close to NA prime time its like 2pm for west coast players and 5 pm for east this is still too early
      same for EU ;p
      same for EU players I guess not aware of there time zone as much why not make the points at the END of the window I think that would be a better idea
    • Based on town plots, a 5% power advantage in high tiers is very strong, so I'd say that this new 2.4% bonus mechanic is extremely risky. First because it doesn't necessarily work against strong teams, but can go in their favor (as it will, let's be honest, since some of the best teams have the biggest alliances already anyway). Second thing is it's a zerg to win mechanic, and that, combined to reason 1, could have the inverse effect of killing smaller/newer teams/guilds, creating even more snowball in the game. Third issue is the bonus itself unbalancing the GvG unpredictably. IIRC we got rid of bonuses during all betas + launch because they were just not fun to play with. The idea was to create one activity in which you'd have something of a plain field.
      Youtube channel (GvGs, OW-PvP etc): youtube.com/c/Nietz

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nietz ()

• letwolf schrieb:

GEAR CAPS for gvg must be implemented to reduce snowballing.
      We added global soft gear caps a few updates back when we reduced IP jumps at high tiers by 40%.

Going further would make high end gear too weak in the open world - it may already be, due to risk vs reward.

What we could do is to undo the general IP soft cap mentioned above but in exchange introduce a seperate soft cap factor for 5v5 content (hell gates and GvGs).

This enables us to balance open world seperately from 5v5 encounters, allowing us to set the right values for both.
    • Korn schrieb:

letwolf schrieb:

We added global soft gear caps a few updates back when we reduced IP jumps at high tiers by 40%.
      Going further would make high end gear too weak in the open world - it may already be, due to risk vs reward.

What we could do is to undo the general IP soft cap mentioned above but in exchange introduce a seperate soft cap factor for 5v5 content (hell gates and GvGs).

This enables us to balance open world seperately from 5v5 encounters, allowing us to set the right values for both.
      Maybe just cap HGs at 7.1 (7.1 is pretty cheap so it remains easy to get into) and then low out-lands at 8.1, mid at 8.2 and high at 8.3.

redzones could either be at the 7.1 cap to align with hellgates and remain easy to get into or could go 8.1

Open world I don't think there should a cap at all.
    • Korn schrieb:

letwolf schrieb:

Right!!!! Brilliant idea to remove general softcap (as gear item power is not too valuable now in open world now, for example wearing 8.3 would not save you against 3 gankers in 4.0, so the risk more than reward)
      But implement gradual softcap in different gvg zones, for example:
      -yellow zones 800 ip
      -red zones 900 ip
      -black-green 1000 ip
      -black-yellow 1100 ip
      -black-red no item cap.
    • I cringe everytime when i hear someone say Tx when for example T4 goes from 400 to 1000+ ip. Even saying 4.3 is still 700-1000+ ip.

Please make sure you understand the core item mechanics when talking about capping stuff.

Other than that, i 100% agree with Nietz here

Spoiler anzeigen
      Based on town plots, a 5% power advantage in high tiers is very strong, so I'd say that this new 2.4% bonus mechanic is extremely risky. First because it doesn't necessarily work against strong teams, but can go in their favor (as it will, let's be honest, since some of the best teams have the biggest alliances already anyway). Second thing is it's a zerg to win mechanic, and that, combined to reason 1, could have the inverse effect of killing smaller/newer teams/guilds, creating even more snowball in the game. Third issue is the bonus itself unbalancing the GvG unpredictably. IIRC we got rid of bonuses during all betas + launch because they were just not fun to play with. The idea was to create one activity in which you'd have something of a plain field
      Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
    • Korn schrieb:

letwolf schrieb:

I would love IP capped 5vs5 content to draw the line of progression, and yes, I think IP difference in open world should be valued a bit more than it already is.
    • I honestly have no idea why you're constantly implementing zerg-promoting changes.

I mentioned when Kay and the cancer-mages got announced that entire guilds would get burned out and quit. With the dust settling after Season 1, we can see 3 alliances (including the 8k-player ARCH) have disbanded, god knows how many people quit because of the sheer burn-out of having to constantly ZvZ or get raided.

As Nietz pointed out, zerg-power changes only ensure that no new upcoming guilds or teams can catch a break or make their way in the BZ. Existing alliances are already powerful enough, and if you keep up with the changes that empower zerging the game will just end up with 2 alliances locked in perpetual war, with the new players (who can't move out into the Black) stuck playing in Royals.

Zergs are already a huge tool for established alliances. Empowering them even more is a bad idea.
    • Syndic schrieb:

I honestly have no idea why you're constantly implementing zerg-promoting changes.

I mentioned when Kay and the cancer-mages got announced that entire guilds would get burned out and quit. With the dust settling after Season 1, we can see 3 alliances (including the 8k-player ARCH) have disbanded, god knows how many people quit because of the sheer burn-out of having to constantly ZvZ or get raided.

As Nietz pointed out, zerg-power changes only ensure that no new upcoming guilds or teams can catch a break or make their way in the BZ. Existing alliances are already powerful enough, and if you keep up with the changes that empower zerging the game will just end up with 2 alliances locked in perpetual war, with the new players (who can't move out into the Black) stuck playing in Royals.

Zergs are already a huge tool for established alliances. Empowering them even more is a bad idea.
      As Syndic mentioned, new guilds don't stand a chance since you're forcing us into an alliance A vs alliance B game. This is indeed VERY WRONG imho. You promised that small guilds could step up from Royal and move to BZ, promoting zerg totally kills that fantasy. The more you require zergs to be the only thing that matter the faster you're killing your own game.

The only option left for new players is to chose between alliance A or alliance B.

SAD STORY...
      /Arghun [SMM]