Updated Testserver Patchnotes - 2 March 2018 (Lancelot)

• letwolf schrieb:

@Retroman
      Please investigate the serious impact on Fire mage's main spell.
      Here's some calculations (authored by Sohrab), Ill just leave it here:
      For everyone that doesn't realize how serious this nerf is against fire mages:
      Theoretically if you did 160 per Q and 40 per Fire burn... a 5 spam Q would go as the following:
      160-40-160-40-160-40-160-40-160-40-40-40-40-40
      total dmg: 1160

Following the nerf patch it will go
      160-160-160-160-160-40-40-40-40
      total dmg: 960

that's an 18.3% dmg nerf

The longer you spam, the less damage output you will have because the burn only starts when you stop Q'ing.

This is a bigger hit than they did to frost mage Q's. Frost mages are completely useless now.

Lowering the fire wall to 5s makes sense.

Lowering the ticks to 4 makes sense

Increasing the first burn tick after: 0s -> 1s does NOT make sense.
      If it will work like this fellow thinks then in my opinion it will be good to change burns to 0.5 sec and cut the dmg 2x. It will be the same but burns will be working properly.
    • Marduk-dk schrieb:

@Retroman

I have yet to see a response to the DOT bugs you introduced to fire. Could you please considder breaking the dmg ticks into 0.5 ticks and do half the dmg per tick, to avoid the fire dot bugging out, untill you can makre a more robust system for dots?

I am not asking for a buff, im just asking for it to work like in the description of the spell.

Hey, I am not aware of a DoT bug with the fire staff? Could you elaborate on what is happening in more detail?
      In case you are referring to change to Firebolt, with it's first burn damage tick happening after 1s, this is an intended change and not a bug.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • I accept the 1 sec delay on the dmg starting for the DOT. But when u apply a new stack or re apply that stack, it will cause the timer to reset.

This means, that if u get cast speeds under 1 second on your Q, be it through passives, foods or Scholar robes "speed caster" buff. The dot will not ever ever ever tick.

This means the change to fire was not only keeping it from having the Q dmg being Flat dmg + first dot tick -> flat dmg + 1 sec delayed tick.

But instead just flat dmg. I can send you a combat log example, where you can see on the timestamps of the combat log, that i can get prolonged engages of up to 12 seconds of Q spammage with speed caster/staff passive procs, which causes you to never see the dot ticking for any dmg.

I would have expected the dot to run INDEPENDENT of my casting speed. Right now, i have to get very slow casting speeds -> use flat dmg foods etc, in order for my dot to not bug out and actually apply dmg to my target.

This could be ok, if it was not that i have 85 spec in Scholars Robe, which means i cant combine that robe and firestaff very well...
    • Retroman schrieb:

Marduk-dk schrieb:

@Retroman

I have yet to see a response to the DOT bugs you introduced to fire. Could you please considder breaking the dmg ticks into 0.5 ticks and do half the dmg per tick, to avoid the fire dot bugging out, untill you can makre a more robust system for dots?

I am not asking for a buff, im just asking for it to work like in the description of the spell.
      Hey, I am not aware of a DoT bug with the fire staff? Could you elaborate on what is happening in more detail?
      In case you are referring to change to Firebolt, with it's first burn damage tick happening after 1s, this is an intended change and not a bug.

Cheers,
      Retro
      In short: default casting speed of firebolt is 1 sec. and DOT timer is also 1 sec. If caster casts firebolt faster than 1s due to any cast speed buff, timer of DOT refreshes before the first tick and DOT will never happen until caster stops his firebolt volley.
      In this case any cast speed buff makes DPS of firebolt less effective.
    • BRiCK schrieb:

Sounds to me like you should swap to the other Fire Q and get some AoE action going ;)
      The solution is to handle this like nearly every other game handles this where the reapplication of the DOT increases the duration of the DOT as opposed to starting the tmer over.

If this can't be done for whatever reason then it's time to remove the DOT on the Q and increase its damage by 10%. If they really want fire to be a DOT weapon, they could always take a hard look at the W skills which go largely unused.
    • agonyclutch schrieb:

when is the next combat changes hitting? still some old wep needing touched up hope your focus will be on stuff not being played and gvg maps not being stale.
      There are so many weapons in this game that go unused because of how inferior they are. I really hope they spend some time trying to find ways to improve them that a.) makes them equally viable to the weapons that are used and b.) specifically aim those changes to make the weapons (especially melee) viable in GvG and ZvZ.