Necromancer / Summoner

• I am going to kill this necro for good:

The technology doesn't exist to have 200+ players summoning 200 extra ai-driven entities all while keeping pings down to a minimum. The best large scale example currently is what has been done in Eve Online. However they had to slow down time in order to have large scale (1000+ players) playable for everyone.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • arke971 wrote:

is this really a suggestion to help the devs implement summoning?
      The devs are fully aware how time dilation works in eve .. it doesnt fit with albion. Slow motion battles would be horrendous. As Crane stated, summoning would be potentially crippling for performance. Not happening.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

arke971 wrote:

is this really a suggestion to help the devs implement summoning?
      The devs are fully aware how time dilation works in eve .. it doesnt fit with albion. Slow motion battles would be horrendous. As Crane stated, summoning would be potentially crippling for performance. Not happening.
      A good point Midgard, But, what if they just take the skeleton from one of the NPCs already in that zone (Not already in combat). Would still be the same amount of moving players/NPCs in the Zone. Also, with reanimate, a fallen enemy now becomes your pawn for X amount of time. Again, your not adding another player/NPC to the Zone. So there shouldn't be any issue there. And if there aren't enough free NPCs in the Zone to skeletonize, then that spell doesn't work.

But the absolute best ability, would be Corpse Explosion. When you see a bunch of idiots battle looting, and you pop that spell. I'd pay money to see that.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ragu ().

• Crane wrote:

I am going to kill this necro for good:

The technology doesn't exist to have 200+ players summoning 200 extra ai-driven entities all while keeping pings down to a minimum. The best large scale example currently is what has been done in Eve Online. However they had to slow down time in order to have large scale (1000+ players) playable for everyone.
      That's a very good and valid point. But the way I can see this working is it is based off of actual death. Less "summon skeleton" and more "reanimate skeleton." Require there to be a death in order to raise the NPC. You're removing the player and replacing it by an AI mob. This would prevent "200+ players summoning 200 extra ai-driven entities."
    • Crane wrote:

The other thing to consider are the other spells the Necro/Witchdoctor has besides raise or reanimate:

Poison, Death and Decay, Corpse Explosion, Acid Cloud, Grasp of the Dead, Wall of the Dead, Mass Confusion, Spirit Walk, Horrify, Haunt. Bone Spikes, Decrepify, Bone Nova, Death Nova, Blood Rush, Bone Spirit, Bone Armor, Frailty.

Any of these spells could be added to the game, and they wouldn't be anymore draining to the server, than any other animations they currently have from other classes.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ragu ().

• Mishirene wrote:

Crane wrote:

That's a very good and valid point. But the way I can see this working is it is based off of actual death. Less "summon skeleton" and more "reanimate skeleton." Require there to be a death in order to raise the NPC. You're removing the player and replacing it by an AI mob. This would prevent "200+ players summoning 200 extra ai-driven entities."

So, now that we have worked out the summoning issue, and we know it wouldn't be an issue, time for the Devs to get to work on a Necro Class.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ragu ().

• Ragu wrote:

Mishirene wrote:

Crane wrote:

So, now that we have worked out the summoning issue, and we know it wouldn't be an issue, time for the Devs to get to work on a Necro Class.
      LOL if only programming worked the way you think it works.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Mishirene wrote:

Crane wrote:

LOL if only programming worked the way you think it works.
      The other thing to consider are the other spells the Necro/Witchdoctor has besides raise or reanimate:

Poison, Death and Decay, Corpse Explosion, Acid Cloud, Grasp of the Dead, Wall of the Dead, Mass Confusion, Spirit Walk, Horrify, Haunt. Bone Spikes, Decrepify, Bone Nova, Death Nova, Blood Rush, Bone Spirit, Bone Armor, Frailty.

Any of these spells could be added to the game, and they wouldn't be anymore draining to the server, than any other animations they currently have from other classes.

Again, time for the Devs to get to work on a Necro Class.
    • Midgard wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Add it to the bottom of the already long list of things they have planned, fixes, QoL improvements ..... Necro weapons should hit the live servers in around 5 years time.
      I hear ya. Why does it take soooo long just to get some minor changes made? Why aren't they hiring more developers to speed up the process for the changes their players are requesting. Are they broke, or just greedy?
    • Ragu wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Add it to the bottom of the already long list of things they have planned, fixes, QoL improvements ..... Necro weapons should hit the live servers in around 5 years time.
      I hear ya. Why does it take soooo long just to get some minor changes made? Why aren't they hiring more developers to speed up the process for the changes their players are requesting. Are they broke, or just greedy?
      Just because a player asks for something doesn't mean it's a good idea, or desirable. It's kind of childish to assume they don't build what *you* want out of greed or sloth.
    • Ragu wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Ragu wrote:

I don’t think they are either. They are running a business and have to balance profits, investment and resources.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Zalrenic wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Just because a player asks for something doesn't mean it's a good idea, or desirable. It's kind of childish to assume they don't build what *you* want out of greed or sloth.
      @Zalrenic Relax man. It's not "Greed" or "Sloth" for folks to want to see a change they feel is a positive one for the game. And it isn't just me that would like to see this change. Many others would also like to see a new class added to the game. They'd also like to see new mobs, but that's for a different post.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ragu ().

• Ragu wrote:

Zalrenic wrote:

Ragu wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Ragu wrote:

@Zalrenic Relax man. It's not "Greed" or "Sloth" for folks to want to see a change they feel is a positive one for the game. And it isn't just me that would like to see this change. Many others would also like to see a new class added to the game. They'd also like to see new mobs, but that's for a different post.
      You were the one accusing people of greed and laziness... Perhaps you are also the one that should relax.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zalrenic ().