Necromancer / Summoner

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Necromancer / Summoner

Hey guys ! What's up ? :P

In my opinion, it would be a good idea to put Necromancer or Summoners in a new Patch.

- First It would be great to remind life of skeletons, like basic skeletons, skeleton archers and skeletal warriors ( depending on your Tier ) with a druid staff or a priest staff.

- Second , it would be good to see a summoner in Albion. Like I said, it depends on the Tier but in my opinion that would be awesome to see a wand or something who can summon animals like Bear,Boar,Birds or maybe more powerful like Darkwolf or Tigers.

Of course,with a life decreased compared to originals Monsters in the wild.

What is your opinion guys ? :D

(NB : Sorry for the Edit, I failed ;(
      NB2 : Hope Albion devs see this post 8o )

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lineoge: Fail. T.T ().

• well for example you summon skeletons with your q ability then you would need another ability that has synergy with it maybe something that gives ms and att dmg to those skeletons.

also how do we controll these skeletons like will it be some ai or maybe we can control them ourselves like in age of empires and other strategie games how would you design it

1 thing that could work would be summon stationary mobs or mobs that always move that attack the same target that the "player" attacks.
    • @liriose gets it. Simple server performance issues is why I doubt we’ll see summoner classes. If it has potential as a lag switch you might see it on the sidelines of GvGs, pple literally spamming summons in the hopes their team gets a slight advantage. Guilds have already done that strategy with coordinated AOE effects, or just with mass #s when server performance was even more shakey

there might be some work around, like massive energy cost to cast, or only 1 summon per player on a long af CD. I could see a Morgana staff that summons a lesser hellgate mob. Maybe like a totem class tho. Idk if that’d put as much strain on as mobile mobs. But even then I’d be worried.

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().

• If we think about it, some morgana mobs are actually conjurer of imps so it's definitely possible I think.

I like this idea of a single summon per player. I think it could even fit the lore nicely if we have a conjurer branch/staff per faction:

* undead faction - 'necromancer's staff' : skeleton, knight or skeleton mage (slow but high dps) -> slowing/freezing effect?
      "Revive the spirits of those who fought the Old War."

* keeper faction - 'earth's staff' : fox, wolf or bear (tanky or speedy but low dps) -> bleeding effect?
      "Embrace the freedom of the wilderness and show your respect to the Earthmother."

* heretic faction - 'thief's staff' : assassin, archer, fanatic mage. (med hp and med dps) -> poison effect?
      "Renounce the rules of the Old Continent and make a contract with the Heretics."

* morgana faction - 'demon's staff' : imp, fiend, gatekeeper (range and melee) -> burning effect?
      "Unleash the wrath of the darkest creatures of Hell."

* royal faction - 'mirror's staff' : doppelganger (% of lifepoints) -> swap ability?
      "Confuse the mind of your ennemies with a copy or yourself."

Q : knock back with little damage with a challenging cooldown or the actual summonee ability (freeze, bleed, ...)
      W : buff the duration/damage/resistance/lifepoints of the sumonee (maybe a channeled spell). the goal is to have a support ability. A high-level W could unlock another summonee ability.
      E: Summon an Albion follower. The summonee could have a duration and fixed amount of lifepoints. (it could scale with IP). It could be a targeted spell, the target is attacked by the follower who can switch target automatically like any mobs depending on conditions.

The standard format in albion is 3 normal weapons and 3 artifact ones so I still need to think about one more.

Just throwing ideas, I know the devs already have a lot to do but still I hope :D

PS: so hyped by the idea of a mage summoning another one XD

The post was edited 31 times, last by arke971 ().

• RottenH20 wrote:

The thing about morgana women is that there can only be so many bats at once.

What I mean by this is lets say a zerg 100v100

And 1 side has all summoners

That wouldnt even be a fight that would just be lag

No way to incorperate this "summoning staff"
      I think a pet summoning would be cool to just have a pet follow you around and you could tame different types at different levels but once you get into combat they go away.
    • Neef wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

I think a pet summoning would be cool to just have a pet follow you around and you could tame different types at different levels but once you get into combat they go away.
      Pokemon battles in Albion Online. I know it'll never happen but it'd be an awesome way to kill time in the game.

Rotten brings up a good point too. In one of those giant fights there would definitely be some lag. But if they ever figured out how to make it work, I'd be super excited.
    • Mishirene wrote:

Neef wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Pokemon battles in Albion Online. I know it'll never happen but it'd be an awesome way to kill time in the game.
      Rotten brings up a good point too. In one of those giant fights there would definitely be some lag. But if they ever figured out how to make it work, I'd be super excited.
      Yeah like theirs some ideas like instead of summoning something you put totems on peoples heads that do a AOE effect around them

Which kinda summons, but the thing with this is that its so similar to other weapons and how would you make a entire tree just from that

Its probably possible but if it was to get released I do not expect it to actually summon skeletons or any entity
      I’m toxic