Issues with (naked) scouting and intel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issues with (naked) scouting and intel

Scouting has become an essential part of the game for any guild that do any kind of large scale pvp. In any competitive game the players with the best intel have a significant advantage, they can choose when and where to fight, and they can easily avoid a fight completely.This is natural. Its good gameplay.

Right now in albion though, scouting is too easy and too powerful. It allows larger alliances to move around completely risk free; for zero cost they can know how many enemies are in their zone and every adjacent zone. There is no more element of surprise, there is no fear of a group ambushing you. Scouting is broken by a few things that could be fixed pretty simply.
    1. Naked Scouting - This is what makes scouting risk free. Its very easy to get a naked scout to any position in the world. You might die to mobs a bunch of times, but you just respawn with a bubble and run on. Once there, there is no way for the enemy to remove them. Getting past enemy players is also very easy, the only option they have is to leave a couple of players at choke points on every path too them. Assigning a whole lot of players to do anti-scouting is probably the next level of the metagame right now. There are a few ideas I have to help with the naked scouting problem:·
    • Escalating re-spawn timers (both knockdown and death). This would either make anti-scouting viable, or more likely, just make guilds send out even more scouts and log them out at key positions.
    • Increase the basic respawn time and then allow users to skip it by paying some silver cost. Escalate cost for each death in succession.
    • Do not allow characters that die naked to respawn at zone entrance. Only allow guild / home. This would seem to resolve the issue completely without any adverse effects.
    2. Visibility while dead or knocked down. Even after killing a scout, they can just lay in position and collect all of the information. Being dead on a dungeon zone in is basically as good as being alive. Getting killed doesnt deny any information at all.

3. Cluster Numbers. Providing numbers every time you zone into a cluster gives up way too much information. When running a dungeon you can place a scout on each of the zone points in the cluster outside the dungeon you cover every connecting zone and get about a 5 minute warning on any large player numbers that might be coming your way. From there your dungeon group can either leave, logout or get into the best position for an engagement. \

The ultimate goal should be for scouting to be important and skillful. Scouts out in their scouting gear, moving fast and dangerously around a zone looking for enemies while trying to remain undetected and staying alive. There is already some great scouting gear in the game (thorwing knives, invis, run speed, horses, etc). You should not know if there are enemies in a cluster until someone has actually seen them on their screen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tranixx ().

• I think that if someone get kill he should not have option to spawn in the area only in nearest guild territory or own house. If someone want "get up" in battle zone for this he have resurrect ability from his healer. This prevent activity of naked scouts or at least make more annoying.

Second idea is new building on guild land - scout tower. That inform your and ally on same map that some group enter the zone. Not saying exactly how many and where. I think it will be enough usable that people quit from naked scouts wasting they CPU as second account started in background.

Third thing is that multiaccounting was prohibited by game rules and people use it anyway and this become part of game. Prevent this guys, by simple program rule that can't start two times on same PC. Problem could be tablets and phones anyway but at least on PC problem will be solved. :P
  • dieing...

with Armor (progress on Destiny Board is save)

Naked (losing one "stage" of not completed progress on Destiny Board)
    Mars: Hey Erde, wie geht es dir ?
    Erde: Schlecht. Ich habe Homo Sapiens.
    Mars: Halb so schlimm. Hatte ich auch mal, geht mit der Zeit von alleine wieder weg.

Ich hasse Menschen, Pflanzen und Tiere. Aber Steine ? Steine sind voll in Ordnung.
  • Maybe if they make stealth more of a stat, call it camouflage to not be confused with skill-used stealth*, and perception a counter stat.

All equipment gives a little of each, usually more perception than camouflage unless you spec into it.
    Moving around and using skills reduces your camouflage, engaging in combat and mounting makes it 0.
    If your perception is higher than their camouflage you can see them, if you're dead your perception is 0.

revelation potion increases perception
    make a spyglass tool that you can equip and activate to unbind the camera from your character to look around and increases perception a bit
    make a cape that gives camo instead of cc resist. a perception passive for hoods. stuff.

*which doesn't seem like it's actually called stealth anywhere in game so whatever lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nue ().

• My thoughts:Everytime anyone gets killed with 2 or less equipment (so minimum of no equipment). He should be given a warning. After 3 warnings the person gets banned from PvP for a set amount of time and the guild he belongs to will have a debuff for 1 hour (so that it impacts the guild as well).I think they should maybe leave the member inidcation in all areas, but give the option as a passive ability for a certain item catagory, to be able to 'disguise' and not count towards this 'online players in the cluster' value. Maybe you could even incorporate a spell which the player can target on party or guild members to give them a buff which also 'disguises' them.
  • as mentioned above when you die you have to go to nearest town and guild plot. This would force the use of the res book.

Another feature to help this would be that in red zones you can not log out in less you are in a guild plot or city. If you DC or alt f4 or kill the client, then that sucks for you, blame it on bad luck. you die, or there can be relog in timer of 10mins, if you log back in ten mins then you die and get transported naked back to a city. make the pvp red zones more hardcore.
  • I don't see the reason for being able to revive in the red zones but wouldn't mind if someone explained the reason to me.

There is revive spell in the game which is pretty much useless since you lose same amount of durability on armour and stuff and basically useless.
    The yellow zones got soft revive for the softcore segment and like reviving in red zones and taking your gear while everyone is fighting is kinda weird. I do see the use for using the revive spell after the fight on your teammates.

--
    Senseless
  • Scouting has always been apart of open world sandbox games. SWG is a perfect example. I don't want to see it be eliminated, but it should be on par with other games. They should only be allowed to respawn in the nearest city or home. I use the hell out of the cluster player count, because its there, people will do what they can get away with. I like the idea thats been floating around about saying a few players/ decent amount/ a lot of players in cluster.

Scouting is a part of real warfare and combat. The only reason there is naked scouting, is due to the silver bottle necking. There are a lot of other bigger issues, that would most likely solve some of these small issues.
  • Yeahiateit wrote:

Scouting has always been apart of open world sandbox games. SWG is a perfect example. I don't want to see it be eliminated, but it should be on par with other games. They should only be allowed to respawn in the nearest city or home. I use the hell out of the cluster player count, because its there, people will do what they can get away with. I like the idea thats been floating around about saying a few players/ decent amount/ a lot of players in cluster.

Scouting is a part of real warfare and combat. The only reason there is naked scouting, is due to the silver bottle necking. There are a lot of other bigger issues, that would most likely solve some of these small issues.

I think scouting should be kept but like remove the respawn in area ability in red zones.

Can't see the relation between the silver issue and naked scouting. If it's there and I have a free naked extra character then I would even be inclined to use it since it's an advantage using in game system.

I like the idea about vague player number indicators like few/decent numbers etc. since you would actually still need to scout their numbers in some situations.
  • Ok, so if i read between the lines it says:
    "someone uses a strategy i dont like, remove that strategy!"

scouts have always been a part of any army in any age. Even today recon is known as elites.
    using the same in games is actualy kind of respectable since it needs a good setup and constant comunication.
    instead of throwing in complaints, why not use the same ingenuity to deal with it?
    read some history books, get some invisihoods,

I do agree that dead is dead. Running right back in streaking with a god mode on is only somting green zones should allow.
    CASUAL UNITED
    you are no longer fighting alone

Play as you want, when you want, no obligations, no tax : CASUAL UNITED, what is it?
  • Thorgal wrote:

Ok, so if i read between the lines it says:
    "someone uses a strategy i dont like, remove that strategy!"

scouts have always been a part of any army in any age. Even today recon is known as elites.
    using the same in games is actualy kind of respectable since it needs a good setup and constant comunication.
    instead of throwing in complaints, why not use the same ingenuity to deal with it?
    read some history books, get some invisihoods,

Nobody complains about scouts, but scouting should be role when you can lose something like tank/healer etc etc.
    Right now naked char can't lose anything.