VOC - COMBATING THE CAERLEON CARTEL PRICE FIXERS - (7% Mage-Tower, 7% Warrior-Forge, 7%Hunter-Lodge) BUILT BY VOC - PUBLIC AND FED DAILY

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VOC - COMBATING THE CAERLEON CARTEL PRICE FIXERS - (7% Mage-Tower, 7% Warrior-Forge, 7%Hunter-Lodge) BUILT BY VOC - PUBLIC AND FED DAILY

In a recent post I described at length the Cartel that has existed in CaerLeon for almost 3 months.

Taxes on crafting have steadily crept up from 5%-7% three months ago to 12% -20% as of this post.

The lions share of these taxes and wealth generated goes to a small handful of guilds and wealthy alts who have successfully been able to control CaerLeon (the City) and CaerLeon (the Market) for over three months.

This has not affected major crafters like myself as we gain ASSOCIATE access to forges in exchange for bulk crafting at the same forge consistently and thus get substantial discounts.

This HAS impacted new crafters and the average player who without ASSOCIATE access are limited by these high taxes in their progression.

I have decided to wage WAR on this bullshit Cartel and have dumped a considerable amount of my wealth into buying out 3 adjacent plots in a straight line SouthEast of CaerLeon city center.

There I have built Three PUBLIC Tier 8 crafting stations ( A Tier 8 Mage Tower, a Tier 8 Warrior Forge, and a Tier 8 Hunter Lodge).

I have fed these three structures to capacity, and will continue to feed them all month long at my cost.

I have set the PUBLIC tax rate at 7% for all three structures and will guarantee for at least a MONTH from this post that that will be the HIGHEST tax I will charge on these three structures. ( I may go even lower if I get support from the community )

Again this 7% rate represents (1/2 to 1/3 the rate that these types of structures have been charging the past three months under the control of the Cartel)

You DO NOT NEED ASSOCIATE STATUS to get these 7% rates on my building.

These low 7% rates are the PUBLIC open rates, and the buildings will be consistently fed daily by me.

PLEASE HELP ME BREAK THE CAERLEON CARTEL

I am hoping that my initiative and investment will incentivize the Albion community to help breakup the control the CaerLeon Cartel has had for the past 3 months.

If you craft or know a crafter PLEASE help me by using my structures.

I know the Cartel will try to pressure me by matching my Taxes... but remember they are just trying to use MAFIA tactics to regain their control and run me out of town..

Also, ANYONE who has an island in CaerLeon can help me (if they want) by farming for me and SELLING me the food ingredients daily. (Send me PM in game if interested in helping this way)

It is time for the Cartel to end.

It is time for FAIR taxes in CaerLeon.

If the community supports me I will try to invest more of my wealth to run business in CaerLeon for the community, NOT FOR THE WEALTHY FEW.

VOC

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von VOC ()

• If you really piss the whales off they will just bully you out on auction day and make you pay more than your plot is worth. You'll run at a massive net loss. :)

Yet another stale, poorly designed system that greatly benefited those with early access to the game.

FWIW, the "cartel" you speak of is poorly organized and there isn't much cooperation between shop owners. Hardly a cartel at all. Some are trying to coordinate, but it will be hard to maintain. There will always be room for people like yourself on sub-prime plots to try and attract business with lower rates. Abdulkarim has been running his hunter shop very cheap for a long time now.

Invariably, laziness will prevail and people will pay 5-10% more not to have to run another 2 or 3 screens. I do it myself all the time. Huehue.
    • Skiz schrieb:

If you really piss the whales off they will just bully you out on auction day and make you pay more than your plot is worth. You'll run at a massive net loss. :)

Yet another stale, poorly designed system that greatly benefited those with early access to the game.

FWIW, the "cartel" you speak of is poorly organized and there isn't much cooperation between shop owners. Hardly a cartel at all. Some are trying to coordinate, but it will be hard to maintain. There will always be room for people like yourself on sub-prime plots to try and attract business with lower rates. Abdulkarim has been running his hunter shop very cheap for a long time now.

Invariably, laziness will prevail and people will pay 5-10% more not to have to run another 2 or 3 screens. I do it myself all the time. Huehue.
      While not a Whale myself I do have a bit over a million gold in Net Worth ( + - )

I am happy to break-even or even loose a couple hundred million silver for a few months to test this out and wage war against the Whales !

AbdulKarim's fight this last month inspired me, but I even undercut him 2-3% to start. (He has already matched my 7%)

If I can get volume I think i can go down to 4-5% and breakeven.

If people want to push me on my plots, I can push back.

^^

VOC
    • 0% , 0% , 0% on all ARMOUR (Plate (all), Leather (all), Cloth (all))

ALSO ... FYI... I am a MASTER Plate Crafter...

I will FOR FREE craft all your plate for materials only.

I will give you all standard material return.

I sometimes sell my focus but only 7.2, 8.2, 8.3 plate and generally for 75% of what the bars would cost.

On plate I often hit high quality Excellent and Masterpiece items.

I can stream when crafting BULK / High Quality items.

I also have Mid Tier Specializations i T8 Cloth and T8 Leather....

I will Craft all LEATHER FOR FREE as well, just provide materials.

I will give you all standard material return.

I generally DO NOT FOCUS leather or cloth because my focus is worth so much more in plate due to my specializations.

SCREENSHOTS OF MY SPECIALIZATIONS ---

• Hm, its just normal town business? Fighting other shop owners with low taxes - just market pvp. The low profile crafters will be happy, no doubt. But i don't buy the spin of the single hero that is fighting against an evil caerleon mafia. Thats more like your commercial ad campaign? You have shops in carleon and making business same as others, no difference. You use your wealth to destroy the business of the low profile shop owners ( to help the low profile crafters?). OK. In the end you use your money to monopolise the market, control it, like others are trying it with enough wealth in the back.

TLDR: You are a shop owner in Caerleon, im one too. (Um, 1 weaver lol) You went into war with all shop owners, including me. I give a fk about your reasons, just welcome to market pvp. lets go.
    • Blatta schrieb:

Hm, its just normal town business? Fighting other shop owners with low taxes - just market pvp. The low profile crafters will be happy, no doubt. But i don't buy the spin of the single hero that is fighting against an evil caerleon mafia. Thats more like your commercial ad campaign? You have shops in carleon and making business same as others, no difference. You use your wealth to destroy the business of the low profile shop owners ( to help the low profile crafters?). OK. In the end you use your money to monopolise the market, control it, like others are trying it with enough wealth in the back.

TLDR: You are a shop owner in Caerleon, im one too. (Um, 1 weaver lol) You went into war with all shop owners, including me. I give a fk about your reasons, just welcome to market pvp. lets go.
      Its pretty obvious that a cartel has been slowly pushing up the prices in Caerleon.

Thats a part of the game, of course.

Supporting the players that break the cartel is also part of the game.

Only understanding one part of the equation is pretty biased. Either you're just tending to your interests and lying/spinning the story. Or you're just too stupid to see the full picture. I doubt that the latter is the case.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Blatta schrieb:

Hm, its just normal town business? Fighting other shop owners with low taxes - just market pvp. The low profile crafters will be happy, no doubt. But i don't buy the spin of the single hero that is fighting against an evil caerleon mafia. Thats more like your commercial ad campaign? You have shops in carleon and making business same as others, no difference. You use your wealth to destroy the business of the low profile shop owners ( to help the low profile crafters?). OK. In the end you use your money to monopolise the market, control it, like others are trying it with enough wealth in the back.

Its pretty obvious that a cartel has been slowly pushing up the prices in Caerleon.
      Thats a part of the game, of course.

Supporting the players that break the cartel is also part of the game.

Only understanding one part of the equation is pretty biased. Either you're just tending to your interests and lying/spinning the story. Or you're just too stupid to see the full picture. I doubt that the latter is the case.
      Hm, whats your point? Did i say its not part of the game? I think i just said, this is the game, lets play it. He could have just lower his prices in caerleon. Thats the game. This forum post is not. Though i enjoy it as content in this place.