Back in the game again. Is it worth playing?

• Back in the game again. Is it worth playing?

Hi, maybe sounds like a stupid question but I'm interested in playing the game again. I've been out for 6 months but I have a few chars T6 geared and some gold on them. I've always been a solo and casual player, liking encounters 1vs1 (in the past this was not easy but doable in some situations) so, keeping this in mind... is it worth coming back to the game again without having too much problems? how is the population?

Thanks in advance.
      Learning...
    • Population is lower but you will find some hubs depending on the pvp you are looking for (territory diving, solo camps encounters, crossroad camper, gatherer stalker). What I mean by that is that you will find less people if you just walk aimlessly but find as many when you get to know where to look at.

Solo PVP is in its best state it has ever been imo. It is possible to get a few mil fame a month doing so. The balance between forcing someone to fight / capability for someone to escape is perfect the way it is right now, you just have to adapt. I.E. You should roam on foot instead of mounted if you want better engages. That being said, it is also possible for a ganker to escape a group if you run into one. It feels like the player with the most skills win every situation now.

As for group content I can't really tell, I will let the others answer. HG and GvG seems to still be dominated by the same few people who have A LOT of specs, seems to still be a grind war. But I don't know enough about that content.

Finally, next patch (Soon TM) will add more casual solo content so it is a good time to recheck the game imo.

Cheers bud.
    • Aleks schrieb:

I think it is not worth your time. Devs made some stupid and really bad decisions which makes game worse than ever
      can you give 5 bad decisions plz, i am curious.

My top 5

Top 1 : t3 artefact useable in HG and GVG (very hard to to hg now because you fight only versus galatine, bear paws etc)
      Top 2 : 1/2 of classes or wep are impossible to play Gvg or HG (bow, dagger, nature, bow, bow again, bow, mace, bow)
      Top 3 : Hardcore expeditions. All the small guild/alliance are doing only that. They dont try to go Anglia anymore to FF.
      Top 4 : Let big alliance own all the good territory ( i dont know how to stop that), those guys like Dereck act like shitt with players and have abusing language and insult players on discord/ in game for almost no reason (it append to me this week). Oops is ruining the game because they run their guild like multinational and destroy all the chalenge/pvp/gameplay/war territory for 60-70% of all the players.
      Top 5 : Let VERY VERY VERY strong GvG team not be lock after a 150 0 victory. 1-2 good team can just totally destroy everything now when they have a ton of money and 2000 players working FOR them.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• I have to add that to my Top 2

hooo i didn't talk about the Blazing staff sorry. Big snowball effect with this because this staff allows players to FF 2x faster when they are willing to bring it inside t7.
      80% of all the players can't afford this risk and they have to FF 100 - 150K per hour. People with blazing staff can FF 300K per hour into T5-T6 or T7.
      Fire is such a broken class now that inside a group of 7 players, it's you are likely to have 3-4 fire players. I don't understand the dev .... really really bad work about balancing the classes.

BTW thx for nerfing the badon bow, now bow is even more useless.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• Aleks schrieb:

1:starting late big disadvantage
      2:gathering is way too easy
      3:open world PvP actually does not exist (if this game is even considered open world)
      4:large portion of players already left the game
      5:just join major/large zerg guild
      1. Starting late doesn't mean anything, just means you have work to do in order to get into END game content...
      2. Are you in Blue / Yellow zones, I gank gatherers constantly in Black Zones, it is by far not too easy
      3. Open world PVP Actually DOES exist. Come to black zone man, Last night Arch lost a battle mount to Truth Alliance.... Small and Big scale PVP happens all the time..
      4. There is still a large portion of players playing the game...
      5. Why would you do that? If you want super easy street then.... you have just contradicted your statement in #2, #3, #4.......

At least put some thought into your top 5..
      Order of the Dragons

Recruiting mature players who enjoy Gather/Gank and Structured PVP!

Amazing content all the time or when you want it! Have fun and play the game... Discord required ^^
    • I'll say this in terms of population... Yesterday we had a new player join our guild and with just a group of four of us at the time, wanted to take them out to get some fame to help power level them to T4 gear. We started by trying to go to Astolat, 12 players there. So we went to shiftshadow, groups everywhere followed by a hostile troll, followed by eight hostiles that we had to leave. Check our alliance's dungeon channels to see if there was space in our alliance Mercia dungeon, every spot filled.

So we head to Cumbria and start by checking the snow dungeon in the south east, claimed by a larger group. Walk over to Blighted Bog, at least a group of 7 and a fight we couldn't take with one of our members in T2. Head to Grisdale, scouted and chased away on the outside likely filled. Get to Ribcage Steppe and no scout outside. Split up to scout both sides and seemed promising as mobs were up we ran through with bubbles to get deeper in. As soon as bubble wears off kiting a number of mobs, enemy tags appear off screen in the direction we are running and they sprint after us and execute two of us as we try to turn around get back through the way we came. Luckily our new member made it out safely.

So we regear up and I go back to double check Astolat, 19 players while our two escaping members have a close encounter with a direwolf gank squad chasing down our friend on his T3 horse who somehow managed to barely make it to the Hotshadows portal. Decide we'll head into Anglia and head for Dirtwall Trough. We get to the outside area and there were a number of corpses out front that clearly a fight had just happened there. One guy zoned out of the dungeon as we were zoning in. Decided it was probably too hot and had another member in Caerleon was going to join us, so we decided to go back to Thistlecops and wait 10 minutes to see if it would cool down. Head back to Dirtwall Trough and pass one guy about halfway between us and the dungeon going away from the direction of the dungeon.

We recognized that we could have been scouted but by this point we had been running around for an hour and a half without getting nearly any fame and two deaths. So we said screw it let's just take the chance there is no one in the dungeon. Get inside Dirtwall Trough and all the mobs are up at the entrance. We head to the east path attempting to leave mobs up, but had a member accidentally pull and had to kill them. We pushed down the path for about 5 minutes before 9 people from the same alliance as the guy who scouted us showed up behind us while we were mid pull and killed all five of us. After that we gave up on trying to fame up.

So to answer your question about population... I had a group that literally spent 2 hours trying to find a fame efficient spot to farm and could not find a spot between red zones, mercia, cumbria and anglia which would accommodate five players without having to battle a larger group for it. If the game is dead, it couldn't possibly handle being anymore alive.
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

You ran around for that long trying to PL someone to T4? :huh:

He could have gotten T4 by himself gathering hides in that time... lol.

Maybe next time just take him on a T6 expedition or duo a blue HG.
      You missed the point he was trying to make,, he even stated the point at the end..
      Order of the Dragons

Recruiting mature players who enjoy Gather/Gank and Structured PVP!

Amazing content all the time or when you want it! Have fun and play the game... Discord required ^^
    • nicolas2162 schrieb:

Top 4 : Let big alliance own all the good territory ( i dont know how to stop that), those guys like Dereck act like shitt with players and have abusing language and insult players on discord/ in game for almost no reason (it append to me this week). Oops is ruining the game because they run their guild like multinational and destroy all the chalenge/pvp/gameplay/war territory for 60-70% of all the players.
      I don't understand how it is SBI faults, that Derrick (who I want to murder and kill his guild/alliance) is superior to the rest guilds?

If the remaining alliances/guilds have balls declare war on derrick.

nothing to do with SBI.