The role of Battle Mounts

• solventh schrieb:

Anova schrieb:

I've been saying this for months, but I think we need to #FireRetroman. It's almost as if you don't even test the new items you introduce to the game. So the question is, what do you actually do all day at SBI?

@Retroman. #fireretroman
      i m starting to wonder how they do these balance tests before they implement.. it s obvious that BMs were op for a start.
      I think they were intended to be OP from the very beginning, that was a goal to launch a new donation-cycle and making Pay2win game. But the reaction of playerbase was harsh, some even quit the game, and now devs realize their own failure in it

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von letwolf ()

• I think the only way to balance BM is to scale their dmg as they attack more people.

Which means - you get something like stacks with fire/poison.

Effect of poison/burn should last around minute.

For each newly applied effect you get dmg multiplier/resists. Which means if you bring battle mount to the battleground on 200v200 zvz (max instance) you will impact it a lot, but first you need to stack(so the fight must go on) so relic fighters must resist before BMs are crucial factor to finish the fight.

After couple of minutes as the fight goes on - battle mounts are more and more stacked and once foot armies are dead/destroyed battle mounts fight each other.

This would solve problems:

1. Bringing battle mount against non-battle mount/bringing more battle mounts - finishes fights in 30 seconds
      2. Battlemounts are too strong to FF/kill small groups (10ppl)
      3. It would be super dangerous to bring battlemount to open world without zerg as you can't increase his resistances, thus gankers would have job to do.

It's not perfect solution, but way better than current place.

Currently new players who won't join big alliances (oops,arch,poe) will never be able to afford one (even if paid with silver as there is no sufficient energy to get couple of those). Thus they don't have a reason to play the game. GvG entry floor is so freaking high, open world fights level entry been high due to lvl2 artifacts, then lvl3 artifacts but we all could survive that. We can't live with BMs.

It's content killer and SBI does nothing about it. Your stead player base will stop playing the game.. People try to survive those harsh times in HCE. Game is losing its open world content so rapidly.... We need developer updates FAST

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von glokz ()

• I don't think people understand that these are not a fucking solo item u go out and play with ofcouse new players wont get them if they don't join guilds or alliances ITS MENT THAT WAY ITS A GUILD ITEM THAT GUILDS WORK TOGETHER WITH MEMBERS WHO ARE GVGING AND RAIDING ZONES AND CASTLES TO GET ENERGY TO OBTAIN ITS NOT SOME FUCKING PAY TO WIN SYSTEM FOR A SOLO PLAYER
    • BMs the EvE Titans of AO? Except in EvE the "only a few major corporations will be able to build Titans" blew up in their faces and became a good thing. BMs will be severely limited and therefore their effectiveness blows through the power curve. Two sides of the same coin with diametrically opposed outcomes. GG devs.

- Bar
      “When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart.”
      William Gibson, Zero History
    • Letwolf have you even road a battle mount? Sounds like you want to rip on us for defending something we use and have killed, while you have zero experience. We killed another last night and I also was almost downed by arch last night who actually try to fight vs. you who probably runs away to town so you can post. Tell me what a guild of 200 can work for if you take out these high value prizes? You say people who are solo will quit? What about the guilds who work to get a power gap? Guilds need power gaps to work towards... That's called winning.
    • owensssss schrieb:

^^^Conflict clawing to defend the only thing making them relevant.

But rly lol, 2 pple in my guild have personal battlemounts that they bought on their own

good try on that “guild item” by working together arguement.

Fucking remove battlemounts. games awful since Kay
      lol most of the people i know that have owned personal battle mounts either dont leave town with them or end up donating them to an organised gank squad ive seen a BM get destroyed by a 10 man squad who likely knew it was coming
      PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE SALT
    • arch has killed lots of mounts u know why? because they don't turn around and run soon as they see one they know they are killable their videos have shown it mind you a few of them are just stupid BM riders but that's besides the point they are killable

2 nights ago my guild got in a fight with arch both sides had battle mounts both sides had to pull back and remount a few times because they were gonna be taken down. we managed to kill one that got left behind
    • This thread has devolved into a this thing impacts the way I play the game herego it needs to go instead of adapting to it. The changes will of course be a nerfbat instead of a scalpel but hey now we can go back to the point in the game where they didn't exist.

Props to Arch, only guild that didn't own territory and managed to kill and earn every battle mount they now have. Wish more people on the server played with their tenacity and can do attitude.
    • Cryon schrieb:

Letwolf have you even road a battle mount? Sounds like you want to rip on us for defending something we use and have killed, while you have zero experience. We killed another last night and I also was almost downed by arch last night who actually try to fight vs. you who probably runs away to town so you can post. Tell me what a guild of 200 can work for if you take out these high value prizes? You say people who are solo will quit? What about the guilds who work to get a power gap? Guilds need power gaps to work towards... That's called winning.
      Hes right boys, They actually need to buff battlemounts and allow their use in GvG, maybe then Conflict will be able to fight their own GvG's
    • Neu

glokz schrieb:

I think the only way to balance BM is to scale their dmg as they attack more people.

Which means - you get something like stacks with fire/poison.

Effect of poison/burn should last around minute.

For each newly applied effect you get dmg multiplier/resists. Which means if you bring battle mount to the battleground on 200v200 zvz (max instance) you will impact it a lot, but first you need to stack(so the fight must go on) so relic fighters must resist before BMs are crucial factor to finish the fight.

After couple of minutes as the fight goes on - battle mounts are more and more stacked and once foot armies are dead/destroyed battle mounts fight each other.

This would solve problems:

1. Bringing battle mount against non-battle mount/bringing more battle mounts - finishes fights in 30 seconds
      2. Battlemounts are too strong to FF/kill small groups (10ppl)
      3. It would be super dangerous to bring battlemount to open world without zerg as you can't increase his resistances, thus gankers would have job to do.

It's not perfect solution, but way better than current place.

Currently new players who won't join big alliances (oops,arch,poe) will never be able to afford one (even if paid with silver as there is no sufficient energy to get couple of those). Thus they don't have a reason to play the game. GvG entry floor is so freaking high, open world fights level entry been high due to lvl2 artifacts, then lvl3 artifacts but we all could survive that. We can't live with BMs.

It's content killer and SBI does nothing about it. Your stead player base will stop playing the game.. People try to survive those harsh times in HCE. Game is losing its open world content so rapidly.... We need developer updates FAST

And the life goes on

I can see developers dont give a damn, GG
    • Neu

glokz schrieb:

And the life goes on

I can see developers dont give a damn, GG
      WTH is this !

calm down ! this is the logical result of : if a strong unit has no counter, everybody will mass use it as the ultimate weapon

How to dominate albion: buy gold (if you are not rich in game yet), convert to silver, buy battlemounts for all your members, <Insert Evil Laugh>, so sad

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Vagabond ()

• Neu

I am calm, doing HCE all day. Fun open world MMO they said.. ^^

Myself and probably many players that enjoyed ZvZ before are waiting for better dayz my friend, but I need comment from DEVs, because after slight nerf they are still OP and I want to know what way they want develop the game,

Maybe there is no hope for ZvZ as it was in pre-BM-beta