Deadwood is going to be basically out of this game. We will be liquidating assets and buying up premium so that if it ever gets fixed we can come back with a lot of LP.
As one of the few guilds that has refused to join a zerg alliance despite many invitations to do so, and a group of players that will stand and fight to the death regardless of the odds... we've had enough of the bullshit.
I'll be on to do random shit for a while, but this shit is garbage. Back to single player games until another MMO manages to do what Albion couldn't (despite its monumental potential to be something good). So much for finding something that was almost as exciting as UO or Guild Wars 1 in the beginning...
Top 10 things that can be done to improve AO and perhaps convince some people to stick around:
I still have two open support tickets from December. I've repeatedly asked for updates and none are given. Looks like they laid off the support team first.
- Remove battle mounts immediately.
- Stop outsourcing dev work to shit tier countries that produce this garbage quality code.
- Hire a real QA team.
- Eliminate alliances, cap guilds to 100 members.
- Move tier 8 mats to contested areas that aren't safe for people to just log in and farm once a day.
- Remove laser beams from black zone territories.
- Allow one time fame re-specs after major patches (weapons/armor only).
- Stop adding systems to the game wherein the rich get richer and the gap for new players gets wider exponentially every day.
- Balance artifact weapons.
- Cap party size to 10 and make it so that in black zone EVERYONE not in your party takes friendly fire (regardless of guild/alliance).
I'd post this on reddit but some overly sensitive mod permanently banned me with no explanation given.
SBI: You really need to admit you screwed the pooch on this one. Doing this would garner some much needed support from many in your disenfranchised (former) player base. You can't save your ass and your face at the same time. Stop letting countless PC gamer sites and blogs ridicule the failure of one of the most anticipated games to release in recent history. Swallow your pride and admit it, then tell everyone how you're going to try and make it better.
2 and 3. I feel like there's a more polite and slightly less racist way to put this, but yeah. I have no idea how implementing a winter event broke half the things in the game.
5. That's an interesting proposal. Not sure how I feel about it, but interesting.
6. Meh... guards are kinda useless already, territories should have at least a kinda safe space, especially if you remove the t8.
7. Again, interesting proposal.
10. No, that's ridiculous. I would like some way to have friendly fire though. That could lead to interesting shenanigans, of both the awox variety and the one where I launch myself to glory with someone else's bedrock mace, putting on armor mid-flight to maximize distance.