Most of my guild has or will quit in the next month or so

• Skiz wrote:

Deadwood is going to be basically out of this game. We will be liquidating assets and buying up premium so that if it ever gets fixed we can come back with a lot of LP.

As one of the few guilds that has refused to join a zerg alliance despite many invitations to do so, and a group of players that will stand and fight to the death regardless of the odds... we've had enough of the bullshit.

I'll be on to do random shit for a while, but this shit is garbage. Back to single player games until another MMO manages to do what Albion couldn't (despite its monumental potential to be something good). So much for finding something that was almost as exciting as UO or Guild Wars 1 in the beginning...

Top 10 things that can be done to improve AO and perhaps convince some people to stick around:
    1. Remove battle mounts immediately.
    2. Stop outsourcing dev work to shit tier countries that produce this garbage quality code.
    3. Hire a real QA team.
    4. Eliminate alliances, cap guilds to 100 members.
    5. Move tier 8 mats to contested areas that aren't safe for people to just log in and farm once a day.
    6. Remove laser beams from black zone territories.
    7. Allow one time fame re-specs after major patches (weapons/armor only).
    8. Stop adding systems to the game wherein the rich get richer and the gap for new players gets wider exponentially every day.
    9. Balance artifact weapons.
    10. Cap party size to 10 and make it so that in black zone EVERYONE not in your party takes friendly fire (regardless of guild/alliance).
    I still have two open support tickets from December. I've repeatedly asked for updates and none are given. Looks like they laid off the support team first.

I'd post this on reddit but some overly sensitive mod permanently banned me with no explanation given.

SBI: You really need to admit you screwed the pooch on this one. Doing this would garner some much needed support from many in your disenfranchised (former) player base. You can't save your ass and your face at the same time. Stop letting countless PC gamer sites and blogs ridicule the failure of one of the most anticipated games to release in recent history. Swallow your pride and admit it, then tell everyone how you're going to try and make it better.
    1. Battle mounts were a mistake and either need to be hit with the nerf hammer so hard siege weapons feel it, or just removed. Cost is not a good balancing factor, especially if it's the only balancing factor.
    2 and 3. I feel like there's a more polite and slightly less racist way to put this, but yeah. I have no idea how implementing a winter event broke half the things in the game.
    4. No.
    5. That's an interesting proposal. Not sure how I feel about it, but interesting.
    6. Meh... guards are kinda useless already, territories should have at least a kinda safe space, especially if you remove the t8.
    7. Again, interesting proposal.
    8. Agreed.
    9. Agreed.
    10. No, that's ridiculous. I would like some way to have friendly fire though. That could lead to interesting shenanigans, of both the awox variety and the one where I launch myself to glory with someone else's bedrock mace, putting on armor mid-flight to maximize distance.
  • Albion Online is an artificial world that emulates the hardships of survival.

Though it has parts that are broken (ie. do not function as the developers have planned) you have not mentioned any.

Your post is little more than "life is not fair, because the developers did not make this game the way I want it to be," which is really nothing more than the whining of a petulant child.

Life is adversity and every life form that exists either improvises, overcomes, and adapts; or they go extinct.

It appears you have chosen extinction from the Albion universe...

The question for you is will anyone notice, or even care?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ognar ().

• Ognar wrote:

Albion Online is an artificial world that emulates the hardships of survival.

Though it has parts that are broken (ie. do not function as the developers have planned) you have not mentioned any.

Your post is little more than "life is not fair, because the developers did not make this game the way I want it to be," which is really nothing more than the whining of a petulant child.

Life is adversity and every life form that exists either improvises, overcomes, and adapts; or they go extinct.

You absolutely need a 20+ man group to ensure you have a prayer of survival during a fight. I am sorry that I was ever even remotely nice to you, offering you gear when you were broke as fuck buying flat 4 off the AH to come fight again.

We're not quitting because we can't get a territory (we don't even want to try to get one, we don't care for the idea of GvG in general (another piss poorly designed system)). We're not quitting because we hate fighting out numbered (90%+ of our actual fights are against much larger groups, which we quite enjoy). We're quitting because at every turn it becomes even easier for all the cock suckers in this game that suck up to Derrick/Exertion/etc to continue to have even simpler and skill-less ways to kill us. T3 artifacts, battle mounts, etc.

The other day, in flat 6, we actually beat Exertion in open world combat in CV while out numbered and out geared by at least 3 tiers (nevermind the mob fame disparity). As soon as we killed one or two of them, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM RAN TO THE NEAREST TERRITORY, STRIPPED NAKED, BANKED THEIR SHIT, AND STOOD UNDER THE TOWER. Nice job SBI, real fucking nice. Make it so that people who out skill the fuck out of trash noobs with fancy toys can't get a kill because WELL THEY EARNED THOSE TERRITORIES. I have the entirety of this fight on video. Then they sit under their tower and taunt saying "GIT GUD" or some such nonsense.

Good job capturing those BZ territories as Ironborn though. Too bad Derrick immediately insisted you hand them over to MG.

Torthur: "YEAH GUYS, WE DID IT! We're finally a black zone guild now! We have arrived at the endgame!"

5 minutes later...

Derrick: "Torthur, I'm going to need you to hand over all of your territories."

Enough said.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elsa: insults ().

• Skiz you are a legend in you own mind, and otherwise no more known than me a simple gatherer who makes no pretense. I don't whine that the developers did not cater to me and make the game the way I believe they should have. Your whole post is supposed to be what?, an announcement that a guild most people never heard of is quitting? Do you really expect the developers to change the game to exactly what you want to try and get you to stay? That you believe you will be missed is hilarious. What is even funnier is how much you guys have been but hurt since Ironborn never wanted to ally with you after the breakup of PK. You guys have been whining and complaining since October, and honestly it will be nice to have some peace and quiet.
  • Been killed several times this week by battle mounts in "drive-by" style ganks and every time I hear the call that there's a battle mount I clench my butt cheeks so hard that I shit diamonds. And then I prepare for the imminent walk of shame that we will have to take.

I actually have nightmares of lizards terrorizing me at night.
  • Skiz wrote:

Ognar wrote:

Albion Online is an artificial world that emulates the hardships of survival.

Ognar, you are little more than a garbage simpleton. I'd be surprised if you had two brain cells firing at the same time. You're so fucking bad at this game, it's no wonder you are in support in all the things that make this game suck. You absolutely need a 20+ man group to ensure you have a prayer of survival during a fight. I am sorry that I was ever even remotely nice to you, offering you gear when you were broke as fuck buying flat 4 off the AH to come fight again.
    We're not quitting because we can't get a territory (we don't even want to try to get one, we don't care for the idea of GvG in general (another piss poorly designed system)). We're not quitting because we hate fighting out numbered (90%+ of our actual fights are against much larger groups, which we quite enjoy). We're quitting because at every turn it becomes even easier for all the cock suckers in this game that suck up to Derrick/Exertion/etc to continue to have even simpler and skill-less ways to kill us. T3 artifacts, battle mounts, etc.

The other day, in flat 6, we actually beat Exertion in open world combat in CV while out numbered and out geared by at least 3 tiers (nevermind the mob fame disparity). As soon as we killed one or two of them, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM RAN TO THE NEAREST TERRITORY, STRIPPED NAKED, BANKED THEIR SHIT, AND STOOD UNDER THE TOWER. Nice job SBI, real fucking nice. Make it so that people who out skill the fuck out of trash noobs with fancy toys can't get a kill because WELL THEY EARNED THOSE TERRITORIES. I have the entirety of this fight on video. Then they sit under their tower and taunt saying "GIT GUD" or some such nonsense.

Good job capturing those BZ territories as Ironborn though. Too bad Derrick immediately insisted you hand them over to MG.

Torthur: "YEAH GUYS, WE DID IT! We're finally a black zone guild now! We have arrived at the endgame!"

5 minutes later...

Derrick: "Torthur, I'm going to need you to hand over all of your territories."

Enough said. Shut the fuck up, you stupid ogre.
    Stfu you simpelton. Also if you are gonna say this is not possible on release i did a 5v10 yesterday so how about you leave and let the ppl better then you enjoy the game ye?
  • Jeradj wrote:

Ognar wrote:

Ognar, sweetie, you fuckin suck at this game, please don't try and be patronizing.
    Have an original thought? You and your buddy skiz, that you are backing up, are quitting on the whole base line of the game does not play the way you would like it to. What the hell was a "DEADWOOD QUIT" post supposed to do...earn Deadwood some type of street credit in the Albion community. DeadWood essentially just told the whole community of Albion Online that you can not handle the birth of a new game that will like every single other MMO, implement patches to nerf and buff content in the game through out its life span.

Your guild's post is a complete and utter troll post. The community only knows who you are because of this post. Which in one sense is actually funny...The Guild who quit because it was hard....Instead of trying to make your place in Albion, you dig a hole. The only successful thing i have seen is that you figured out how to log onto the forums and cry. But its ok.....Albion Online wouldn't be for everyone.... See what DeadWood has done is given, every player in the community what they tend to seek in a Full Loot PvP game....the tears of carebears after a death. And you buddy...have had one hideous death. DeadWood announced your guild and names to the community that seeks to loot, pillage and take everything you have away from you.

Not all the fame in kills in Albion can save Deadwood what Skiz essentially did with that post. Now if for some reason Deadwood players can muster the shame of logging in after such a post was made....they will have to delete their characters for i imagine not many guilds will take a player with the Guild Name Deadwood on their résumé. As far as your guild moving on...I hear WildStar is just full of colors and feelings....enjoy.

• Simply sounds like an upset player saying "If I can't win , No one should!" Now, that being said, I have been in Skiz's shoes. Got to black and THEN all of a sudden, seeing that the territory was held by a weaker guild it became a hotbed of bullies trying to claim it in the name of a large alliance. This IS a don't beat em , Join em kind of game. Its the same way in real life war. No one wants to die on the losing side man...
    Making friends and expanding your power network through having something to offer others (preferably not your land), is the only way to make it. Well, actually you could just carebear and make cash in the blue zones.. Which leads me to ask..
    WHY DID YOU GO BLACK? You really don't sound like a blackzone player to me. Also, you did read up and research what a blackzone is right? You sound so so surprised that war came your way..
  • Skyebourn wrote:

I feel like most experienced players prefer crutches to actual skill. Crutches come in the form of high-level spells, artifacts, and relations. I struggle to find a humble guild.
    ... BZ safe zones... numbers ...

What you are saying exists and it could be closer than you think. (hint: check my signature)
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().