Most of my guild has or will quit in the next month or so

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Most of my guild has or will quit in the next month or so

Deadwood is going to be basically out of this game. We will be liquidating assets and buying up premium so that if it ever gets fixed we can come back with a lot of LP.

As one of the few guilds that has refused to join a zerg alliance despite many invitations to do so, and a group of players that will stand and fight to the death regardless of the odds... we've had enough of the bullshit.

I'll be on to do random shit for a while, but this shit is garbage. Back to single player games until another MMO manages to do what Albion couldn't (despite its monumental potential to be something good). So much for finding something that was almost as exciting as UO or Guild Wars 1 in the beginning...

Top 10 things that can be done to improve AO and perhaps convince some people to stick around:
    1. Remove battle mounts immediately.
    2. Stop outsourcing dev work to shit tier countries that produce this garbage quality code.
    3. Hire a real QA team.
    4. Eliminate alliances, cap guilds to 100 members.
    5. Move tier 8 mats to contested areas that aren't safe for people to just log in and farm once a day.
    6. Remove laser beams from black zone territories.
    7. Allow one time fame re-specs after major patches (weapons/armor only).
    8. Stop adding systems to the game wherein the rich get richer and the gap for new players gets wider exponentially every day.
    9. Balance artifact weapons.
    10. Cap party size to 10 and make it so that in black zone EVERYONE not in your party takes friendly fire (regardless of guild/alliance).
    I still have two open support tickets from December. I've repeatedly asked for updates and none are given. Looks like they laid off the support team first.

I'd post this on reddit but some overly sensitive mod permanently banned me with no explanation given.

SBI: You really need to admit you screwed the pooch on this one. Doing this would garner some much needed support from many in your disenfranchised (former) player base. You can't save your ass and your face at the same time. Stop letting countless PC gamer sites and blogs ridicule the failure of one of the most anticipated games to release in recent history. Swallow your pride and admit it, then tell everyone how you're going to try and make it better.
  • BriarMoss wrote:

A few of these points are good, but most are very strongly biased in favor of your guild's playstyle...a play style that is adopted by a very small number of the community.
    I mean, the *present* systems are all biased in favor of the only guilds that are left playing... which at this point is essentially 3 large alliances.

Ask yourself if it's wise to continue to cater to the "what's left" factions, or to re-attract the people that left...
    1. Remove battle mounts immediately.

They need to be nerfed or reworked. Not removed. Not only are you taking content out of the a game already low in content, but many guilds worked hard to earn one. It's unfair for them to lose the work they put into the getting a battlemount only for it to removed just a few months later.

2. Stop outsourcing dev work to shit tier countries that produce this garbage quality code.

What do you mean by this? Be specific.

3. Hire a real QA team.

Does SBI not have a QA team or you don't think they're very good? Detail why you believe this.

4. Eliminate alliances, cap guilds to 100 members.

Alliances will always exist, either in the form of Non-Aggression Pacts or just people making multiple guilds like what TC does with having Team Casualty 1 and Team Casualty 2. Also capping guilds at 100 members does nothing for the game. The way these online guilds work is that usually around 10-20% of the people in the guild are heavily active or on at the same time. You'll basically make it very difficult for guilds to organize large scale activities at whim and would certainty destroy large scale battles in the game.

5. Move tier 8 mats to contested areas that aren't safe for people to just log in and farm once a day.

That greatly lowers the value in having territories, which is a key element of this game.

6. Remove laser beams from black zone territories.

That would also greatly lower the value of territories as being a safe spaces for guilds.

7. Allow one time fame re-specs after major patches (weapons/armor only).

...Why? That greatly reduces the point in fame farming then. Once people reach a certain threshold of fame, they'll just use only one or two classes and just stick to them. I agree that something can be done with the grinding mechanics in the game,but the goal is either make them less boring or to cut down on the amount of fame needed to be competitive (my vote is just have weapons and armor be divided between "normal gear" and "artifact gear" instead of having to grind every individual piece of equipment).

Also why can't gatherers re-spec?

8. Stop adding systems to the game wherein the rich get richer and the gap for new players gets wider exponentially every day.

Be specific? What systems?

9. Balance artifact weapons.

In what way? Just saying "Balance something!" doesn't really help the developers. Of course it should be balanced. Duh. The problem is how do you do that in a way that's fair.

10. Cap party size to 10 and make it so that in black zone EVERYONE not in your party takes friendly fire (regardless of guild/alliance).

So basically end large scale battles and zergs? WHY?? That's one of the better aspects of the game is ZvZs.

Overall you guys have some really terrible ideas and you essentially just want a game that caters ONLY to your specific playstyle. That's fucking stupid and it would literally drive away the players who are still invested in the game. The developers should be added different ways to play the game, not taking it away. You guys have absolutely no idea how to solve the issues of the game and you're just lashing out about things you don't like doing. The developers should not cater to you guys because it's essentially giving a big "fuck you" to the majority of players in this game.

The reason games like Albion Online are good is because of the large scale political conflicts and connections you have with people in your guild and alliance. Not just randomly ganking people in the open world with no rhyme or reason to it. That would get very dull very quickly.

Ultimately the reason Deadwood guild is quitting the game is because your guild's idea of having fun in this game is inherently problematic. Just small group skirmish pvp and nothing but that will get boring eventually. Because at a certain point you'll realize there's no purpose to anything you're doing and no greater goal to be reached. The large alliances in the game are thriving because they're playing the game the way it's meant to be played. The goal being to obtain dominance in territories.

I do a lot of open world solo pvp, but I always make sure I prioritize guild activities because I understand that's how you get the most enjoyment out of this game. If you can't be a competitive guild, just a competitive alliance. Deadwood has refused to do this, therefore they have burnt out of the game because they kept pursuing the same boring and meaningless tasks over and over again.

The developers shouldn't bother catering to you because you guys are never going to stay attached to this game long-term or in great enough numbers. They should focus on expanding content and making different types of playstyles available. As a person who likes open world solo pvp, I'd be interested in more systems in the game that encourage this (I think the silver zone territories were an amazing idea for example).

This post is just evidence that just because you can play a game doesn't mean you can design one.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nomasti: Need to redo it ().

• Skiz wrote:

Surl wrote:

I always find it remarkable how people think that they know what the community thinks.

Maybe it would be a good start if they just spoke for themselves.
    Why has the population waned so drastically, then? Most people in this "community" you're speaking of have already voted with their feet... right on to something else.
    all the casuals rage quit the game due to not being good enough to sustain themselves in a pvp envirement, btw game pop going up now so stfu.
  • guy is complaining that he is not good enough to hold 1 territory

Also I would increase guild member limit by 100, thank you

funniest thing is, 30 man guild tries to compete in mercia/cumbria, like get over yourself and evaluate your position in the world peasant

You can easily become rich and be richer everyday, it just takes effort, you should try it some day.

On top of that from what ive seen the green dude just dives terris with living armor all the time :thinking:

The post was edited 3 times, last by tabooshka ().