<Arcane> Bring back old Energy Bolt

• <Arcane> Bring back old Energy Bolt

New Q (Energy Bolt) cannot use in:

- PvE: you have to drain mobs' mana first (the time to drain mob's mana to below 20% cost way more than the time killing it).

- PvP:
    + ZvZ: not practical of course.
    + 5v5:
    Cast time is too long compared to Fire or Frost.
    Since the mana drain is nerf, it takes longer time now to drain players' mana, and people would rather use Frazzle than Mana Drain. Moreover, from the time of enemies's full mana to low mana, you don't have much damage at all.

Conclusion: I don't see any convincing reason to use the new Energy Bolt in any situation in game. In the pre-patch Q, it's really useful in PvE or ZvZ, arcane was more of a support weapon, now it's a weak support weapon.
  • tarnator wrote:

New Q (Energy Bolt) cannot use in:

- PvE: you have to drain mobs' mana first (the time to drain mob's mana to below 20% cost way more than the time killing it).
    To solve this they could just add some kind of debuff to mobs when they got hit by mana drain. Which made Energy bolt stronger against them.(And possible aoe around target to make it more viable as a pve damage weapon?)

To use as a damage weapon in PVP I guess the casttime should be slightly shorter and also have it deal more damage gradualy instead of just below 20%.

I think what we are seeing in this patch is SBI trying to make Arcane a viable damage option for clothies. While also keeping it as a good support option for plate users.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • I used cloth arcane before the changes. It was viable - now not so much. The frazzle was fine with armor shed and i had no problems killing and supporting my team. It did not need a 10sec CD and a %dmg debuff. I think arcane bolt is under powered and needs a rework. The spells overall on arcane are good, but the W spells purge & motivating cleanse should be moved to Q with reduced cool downs.