Territory Logging

• tabooshka wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

theres no topic, everything have been explained
    Then why are you still here?You produced 2 pages of your teenage-"my dad can beat your dad"-nonsense.

Please get out of this topic and let the grown ups talk.
    funny enough you produced 1/2 of it.
    If a guy needs help to grow as a person, I'm there <3
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

It would make more sense if it just cost silver to activate general logging for a territory. Not that I think that's how it should work. But it makes more sense than your weird minigame that you didn't think through at all.
    OK:
    You think the game should automatically tell you who stole your shit so anything I say is just BS in your mind.

I think that's too easy and shouldn't be added. It's not some mini game, it's a LIMITED way to try finding thieves. Do stores in real life automatically know who stole something? Or do they install cameras and hire store detectives to monitor and still lose stuff to shoplifters?

It should be easier to catch the thief than it is but shouldn't be Automatic like you want.
  • Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

It would make more sense if it just cost silver to activate general logging for a territory. Not that I think that's how it should work. But it makes more sense than your weird minigame that you didn't think through at all.
    OK:You think the game should automatically tell you who stole your shit so anything I say is just BS in your mind.

I think that's too easy and shouldn't be added. It's not some mini game, it's a LIMITED way to try finding thieves. Do stores in real life automatically know who stole something? Or do they install cameras and hire store detectives to monitor and still lose stuff to shoplifters?

It should be easier to catch the thief than it is but shouldn't be Automatic like you want.
    Why?

Your only argument is a roleplaying/real life comparison. If we stay within that realm of arguments, then here is the counter argument: My guild has 4 mages and 25 guards running around the territory. Why can't they tell me which player came to the territory and harvested the nodes?

Your argument is bad. Try another one.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

My guild has 4 mages and 25 guards running around the territory

Fooky wrote:

Another Idea: Territory guards could log any gathering data they witness, but if no guard is near it's not logged.

If you actually read what I wrote you would see that I also said guards could log what they see but if they aren't in range they won't log it.

Your arguments are 1 sided and your reading is selective. Ok to be one sided but if you read selectively you end up using something I said as an argument against me.

Thanks for agreeing with my idea :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fooky ().

• Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

My guild has 4 mages and 25 guards running around the territory

Fooky wrote:

Another Idea: Territory guards could log any gathering data they witness, but if no guard is near it's not logged.
    If you actually read what I wrote you would see that I also said guards could log what they see but if they aren't in range they won't log it.

Your arguments are 1 sided and your reading is selective. Ok to be one sided but if you read selectively you end up using something I said as an argument against me.

Thanks for agreeing with my idea :)
    First you suggest that guards automatically log who gathers in the territory. Then you tell me that its a bad idea that the game automatically tells me who stole resourses.

Pick one. Or stop being smug. You can't tell me that the core concept (logging of who gathered) is bad and at the same time say that guards should automatically log who gathered.
  • Stravanov wrote:

Pick one. Or stop being smug. You can't tell me that the core concept (logging of who gathered) is bad and at the same time say that guards should automatically log who gathered.
    Still with the selective reading. They wouldn't tell you 100% just the items they were close enough to observe. The guards don't have every inch covered and they can only see so far (agro range).

You want to know who is stealing.
    Thief wants to get away with it.

Balance is off in favor of Thief now but you want balance to go 100% the other way and I disagree.
  • Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Still with the selective reading. They wouldn't tell you 100% just the items they were close enough to observe. The guards don't have every inch covered and they can only see so far (agro range).
    You want to know who is stealing.
    Thief wants to get away with it.

Balance is off in favor of Thief now but you want balance to go 100% the other way and I disagree.
    So you're suggesting a system where I can pay silver to my guards to log who gathers on my territory, if the guards are in range to see it. Is this correct?

This gives the thief the chance to gather nodes with no guard nearby. If a node is only watched by a patrol, the thief needs to watch the patrol and only gather when the patrol is out of range.

If an enemy guild comes to my territory and kills all the guards, they won't log who gathered the nodes. But they should log who killed the guards.

If this is what you are proposing, I could get behind the idea. Assuming that all nodes are at least covered by a patrol, so that its at least annoying for the thief to steal. Without a patrol potentially catching the thief, the balance is 100% in favor of the thief. With patrols on all nodes, I would say we're getting close to a 50/50-balance. At least the thief has to put in a bit of effort.

Is this something you can agree to?
  • kleyy wrote:

Hello!

Is there something planned for territory ressource logging or something like that?
    Like the upcoming chest logs only for territories.

The thing is, right now, resources get stolen by aliance members during the night and nobody can tell who it was. If it got raided its fine, no logging needed. But if it is gathered by allied memebers i would like to know this :)

thanks in advance
    kley
    Many responses have been that this should not be logged and I agree as logging it is not sandboxy.

Here is an alternate suggestion that may be workable to both sides. First implement a guard report that can be requested from any guard on the territory by anyone with that permission. So if I go to the guard he will tell me he saw enemies at 11:08 and 15:22. This is being spammed in guild today, just write it to the guard report.

Next put a guard setting of “watch for resource thieves”. If that is set as “guild only” then if anyone ouside the guild tags a resources within agro range of the guard they will be attacked and an entry put in the guard report. That would show up as “Guard saw a theif at 19:47”. You could use the new permissions settings that are coming and even set this to “gatherers only” and then if the wrong guild member tags it they would be attacked as a theif.

This makes better use of the guards and makes it feel more real. It give you some intel. If resources are missing and there is nothing on the guard report that would mean it is either a guilldy or a really good theif.
  • MissBehave wrote:

kleyy wrote:

Hello!

Is there something planned for territory ressource logging or something like that?

The thing is, right now, resources get stolen by aliance members during the night and nobody can tell who it was. If it got raided its fine, no logging needed. But if it is gathered by allied memebers i would like to know this :)

thanks in advance
    kley
    Many responses have been that this should not be logged and I agree as logging it is not sandboxy.
    Here is an alternate suggestion that may be workable to both sides. First implement a guard report that can be requested from any guard on the territory by anyone with that permission. So if I go to the guard he will tell me he saw enemies at 11:08 and 15:22. This is being spammed in guild today, just write it to the guard report.

Next put a guard setting of “watch for resource thieves”. If that is set as “guild only” then if anyone ouside the guild tags a resources within agro range of the guard they will be attacked and an entry put in the guard report. That would show up as “Guard saw a theif at 19:47”. You could use the new permissions settings that are coming and even set this to “gatherers only” and then if the wrong guild member tags it they would be attacked as a theif.

This makes better use of the guards and makes it feel more real. It give you some intel. If resources are missing and there is nothing on the guard report that would mean it is either a guilldy or a really good theif.
    Why not set the guards so they gather the resources themselves? Use the same guards to steal other guild's resources! Even better, use the guards to fame farm for me !!!

This whole thread is simply ridiculous.
  • Rolu wrote:

MissBehave wrote:

kleyy wrote:

Hello!

thanks in advance
    kley
    Many responses have been that this should not be logged and I agree as logging it is not sandboxy.Here is an alternate suggestion that may be workable to both sides. First implement a guard report that can be requested from any guard on the territory by anyone with that permission. So if I go to the guard he will tell me he saw enemies at 11:08 and 15:22. This is being spammed in guild today, just write it to the guard report.

Why not set the guards so they gather the resources themselves? Use the same guards to steal other guild's resources! Even better, use the guards to fame farm for me !!!
    This whole thread is simply ridiculous.
    They are not called gatherers, or fame farmers, or resource theives, they are call guards and they should do their job. Maybe you should get a job so you understand the concept...