Territory Logging

• Territory Logging

Hello!

Is there something planned for territory ressource logging or something like that?
    Like the upcoming chest logs only for territories.

The thing is, right now, resources get stolen by aliance members during the night and nobody can tell who it was. If it got raided its fine, no logging needed. But if it is gathered by allied memebers i would like to know this :)

thanks in advance
    kley
  • IMHO this should not be logged.

Logging for chests is fine, it a QoL update and a massive time saving..
    You already have the option to do some basic outgoing logging with the guild auction house. and really cumbersome if you have person who are giving out materials etc.

If resources are getting stolen by guild/alliance members, it could be for the same reasons as raiding.
    There are many techniques in warfare, and using spies/dedicated thieves could be one.
  • Nydiadus wrote:

If resources are getting stolen by guild/alliance members, it could be for the same reasons as raiding.

There are many techniques in warfare, and using spies/dedicated thieves could be one.
    And how does logging of who gathered what on teritories prevent that?

Please try to think it through before you say anything.

I'm all for this idea. Not knowing who gathered what on territories creates another huge strain on guild leadership. Guild leadership in this game are already completely overburdened. A big part of that is the lackluster interface. Adding logs for chests and for territories removes a big part of that work burden.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

I'm all for this idea. Not knowing who gathered what on territories creates another huge strain on guild leadership. Guild leadership in this game are already completely overburdened. A big part of that is the lackluster interface. Adding logs for chests and for territories removes a big part of that work burden.
    Maybe instead just add automatic resource tax for guild members (and maybe allies?) on territories.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • Targun wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Maybe instead just add automatic resource tax for guild members (and maybe allies?) on territories.
    And the taxed resourses are deposited in guild vault on the territory?

That's not an entirely bad idea.

It has to apply for alliance members too, though, since it won't solve the problem otherwize.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stravanov ().

• Stravanov wrote:

And the taxed resourses are deposited in guild vault on the territory?
    Indubitably.

Stravanov wrote:

It has to apply for alliance members too, though, since it won't solve the problem otherwize.
    I'm not entirely sure if it is a problem.

Resource ninjas generate ally drama and that's a good thing for a game.
    Its what makes alliances break.

Maybe hardcode max ally resource tax limit, so it wouldn't be possible to set to 100%
    X/
  • Targun wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

I'm not entirely sure if it is a problem.
    Resource ninjas generate ally drama and that's a good thing for a game.
    Its what makes alliances break.
    Yea I thought about this too.

It would be true if the game had a stable population.

Right now, leaders burn out left and right. In my perception, the overburden due to lack of administrative tools plays a huge part in this.

So yes. Drama is good for the game. But it is also killing the game, when drama is caused by lack of tools.
  • Targun wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

So yes. Drama is good for the game. But it is also killing the game, when drama is caused by lack of tools.
    manage is not the same as police
    Lets not sit here and nitpick. Please ask yourself "is this relevant to the topic we are discussing, or is this nitpicking" before you post.
  • There should not be resource logs.

It is kind of a dick move to steal resource from your guild/alliance (I'd never do it, but I see why some would, particularly if there is an enchanted T8 node that pops). That said, this is one of the few things in the game that serves to check & balance the mega-alliances. If you have thousands of players under your tent, then you can't police them all, so one of the costs of being a huge alliance is that some of your shit is gonna get stolen.
  • xooEumaeos wrote:

There should not be resource logs.

It is kind of a dick move to steal resource from your guild/alliance (I'd never do it, but I see why some would, particularly if there is an enchanted T8 node that pops). That said, this is one of the few things in the game that serves to check & balance the mega-alliances. If you have thousands of players under your tent, then you can't police them all, so one of the costs of being a huge alliance is that some of your shit is gonna get stolen.
    Its doesn't only apply to big alliances. If you have ONE watchtower territory, you can get your resourses stolen.

So its not a "check and balance" against big guilds. Its just an annoying thing that has more negatives than positives.
  • I would say don't make a log of the actual people gathering the resources. Instead create a log for territory aggro and the time a resource is being collected. That is more than enough data for anyone to then do the legwork of investigating and spotting trends. Even then I think when the game gives you free information it has to be balanced b/w QOL and free intel w/o effort.
  • KolKhara wrote:

I would say don't make a log of the actual people gathering the resources. Instead create a log for territory aggro and the time a resource is being collected. That is more than enough data for anyone to then do the legwork of investigating and spotting trends. Even then I think when the game gives you free information it has to be balanced b/w QOL and free intel w/o effort.
    I understand this when its logging enemies' raiding of territories. This is not what the suggestion is about, though.

The suggestion is to log when ALLIANCE members gather on your territory.

Please read the suggestion before you post.
  • KolKhara wrote:

I would say don't make a log of the actual people gathering the resources. Instead create a log for territory aggro and the time a resource is being collected. That is more than enough data for anyone to then do the legwork of investigating and spotting trends. Even then I think when the game gives you free information it has to be balanced b/w QOL and free intel w/o effort.
    I like this idea the most. Dont put actual names in the log, just show guard aggro and an entry of when a territory resource is collected. Then the guild/alliance can decide what to do with the results.
  • Stravanov wrote:

Lets not sit here and nitpick. Please ask yourself "is this relevant to the topic we are discussing, or is this nitpicking" before you post.
    Yes it is relevant.
    Management tools help you organize things saving out of game accountant work.

What i called 'policing' does what otherwise you'd have to do in game with in game resources - like in this particular case guarding your territory for you.
    X/
  • Stravanov wrote:

Nydiadus wrote:

And how does logging of who gathered what on teritories prevent that?
    Please try to think it through before you say anything.

Logging of who gathered what would be making the game find the thief/spy that infiltrated your organization. Not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Stravanov wrote:

If another alliance got a spy/thief into your alliance should you be able to automatically boot them because they stole some resources or should you have to work hard to find/eliminate them?

I think a better idea than logging all gathering in territory would be the ability to pay for a background check on anyone applying to your guild or any current member.

You hire a detective to monitor the subjects activities for x amount of time, expensive enough to deter monitoring everyone all the time but cheap enough to do routine checks on members in consideration for promotion or suspected of stealing or something? Perhaps random monitoring to discourage thieves?
  • Fooky wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Nydiadus wrote:

And how does logging of who gathered what on teritories prevent that?Please try to think it through before you say anything.

Logging of who gathered what would be making the game find the thief/spy that infiltrated your organization. Not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Stravanov wrote:

If another alliance got a spy/thief into your alliance should you be able to automatically boot them because they stole some resources or should you have to work hard to find/eliminate them?

I think a better idea than logging all gathering in territory would be the ability to pay for a background check on anyone applying to your guild or any current member.

You hire a detective to monitor the subjects activities for x amount of time, expensive enough to deter monitoring everyone all the time but cheap enough to do routine checks on members in consideration for promotion or suspected of stealing or something? Perhaps random monitoring to discourage thieves?
    You live in a different world. Please play the game before you invent new concepts in this imaginary game you're talking about. There is never going to be anyone with a "detective" role in the guilds. Even if you could check previous guild memberships like in EVE, it would be impossible to do what you're suggesting.
  • Targun wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Yes it is relevant.Management tools help you organize things saving out of game accountant work.

What i called 'policing' does what otherwise you'd have to do in game with in game resources - like in this particular case guarding your territory for you.
    The post the I replied to was 100% nitpicking. And irrelevant to the conversation.

What you're saying in your new reply is something new.

Do you honestly think that assigning players to guard territories until all materials are harvested is a positive requirement to tend a guild's territories properly?

I don't. And neither do you. Nobody would sit there and guard a territory for several hours every day. At least not enough players to make it viable. Did you even consider the consequences of your your absolutely retarded suggestion before posting it? The level of conversation here is... Low to say the least. Please spend some more time to actually think about what you're about to post before you post it. This is the 2nd time you made a 100% useless post.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stravanov ().

• Being able to steal from your allies should not be prevented by the game. If I want my character to be a villain, I should be able to. If a guild wants to have total control over their resources, it is their responsibility to put people on guard duties. Having guild chest logs does not restrain some players from playing the way they want to play as much as having resources logs.

There's QoL and there's letting a sandbox game being a sandbox game.