Compromise - Some Mobs Execute

• Compromise - Some Mobs Execute

The sense of danger was real in BETA when you went into a Red zone+. I get why this was scaled back to knock down.

What about bringing back Execute from Mobs where it makes sense. Either Red or Black - just for Bosses, or certain mob types in Black like Morgana and UnDead? Increase the EXP for these mobs to balance risk/reward.
  • letwolf wrote:

execution of mobs is not that hardcore if you have a guy with resurrection in handy
    if i'm right you cant resurrect killed players since knockdown mechanic exists.
    This was accurate in beta 2 and only a few used to play resurrect pots / holy.
    This gives you a choice between 2 spells with canalisation that could resurrect your friends or pvp pots and another spell on holy to be able to fight.
    Still way more hardcore than now
  • The issue with mob-execute was that one player death in a group could cripple the whole group tremendously simply because too many items got destroyed or the wrong items got destroyed. In this case the player in question needed to return to a city or territory to get new gear while the rest of party was either slowed or had to wait if more than one player was affected.

Any solution to reintroduce mobs killing players outside of instanced combat would have to keep this issue in mind.

This is also what made resurrection rather useless in PvE. Of what use is a player whose weapon got destroyed?
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The issue with mob-execute was that one player death in a group could cripple the whole group tremendously simply because too many items got destroyed or the wrong items got destroyed. In this case the player in question needed to return to a city or territory to get new gear while the rest of party was either slowed or had to wait if more than one player was affected.
    the real issue here, is that the group was not prepared enough to face mobs, so they deserve what happened, unless all the mobs in game are using boxing gloves, so they can only stun and KO people
  • True on these reasons, that’s why I think this should be limited to some mobs.

E.g. introduce some dungeons (solo and group) that execute, reward modifier +50%.

I don’t know if this would work well in open world.. unless you could limit the area where Execute is possible like chests with the ring and appropriate notice. You don’t want players pulling and abusing the mechanic.
  • we had execution system for a long time and people were able to fame up weapons/Armour . actualy faming was much more fun before when you had to pay attention arount you and actualy make pulls that you could handle not just pulling half of dungeon then drop AoE and wait for respawn . reintroducing resurection potions and keeping new ressurection on holy staff and you can get back the execution pretty much . people gonna get used to it pretty soon .
  • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The issue with mob-execute was that one player death in a group could cripple the whole group tremendously simply because too many items got destroyed or the wrong items got destroyed. In this case the player in question needed to return to a city or territory to get new gear while the rest of party was either slowed or had to wait if more than one player was affected.

Any solution to reintroduce mobs killing players outside of instanced combat would have to keep this issue in mind.

This is also what made resurrection rather useless in PvE. Of what use is a player whose weapon got destroyed?
    That can be solved by untrashing items if resurrected. (save state of player preceding a moment of death and then restore to it if resurrected)
    Must handle then "loot/item duplication" possible exploit btw.
  • letwolf wrote:

Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

That can be solved by untrashing items if resurrected. (save state of player preceding a moment of death and then restore to it if resurrected)Must handle then "loot/item duplication" possible exploit btw.

I think in this case a 'bleed-out' mechanic would be more useful.
    Player get knocked down by mobs with a new debuff. After n seconds the players dies. (Let's say 60 seconds)
    Now you have 2 options:
    1) You can use Reawaken from the holy staff
    2) Another player helps/patches him up. Casttime could be like 15 seconds. Either no item requirement or something like a bandage.
  • Bandage : made from 4 Cloth, T2 - T8. If someone is wearing T2 with 1 piece T3 and you use a T2 bandage on him he resurrects with his T3 piece 50% decreased. but when the person getting resurrected has all T2 and one T4 piece, the T4 trashes, this goes on up to T8 (t6 bandage revives dude with all t6 and 1 T7 piece, T7 gets 50% reduction, if the resurrected has 1 T8 piece instead it will get trashed. Also one thing people dont keep in mind when preaching ''BRING BACK LETHAL MOBS'''that the economy will get his(or her don't get triggered) ass completely destroyed because items will skyrocket due to the silver sink in dungeons. FYI i am not taking sides in this discussion cuz i am not sure what i want lethal or non lethal, that bandage idea came up randomly after i read Nydiadus his (OR HERS) message.
  • There is solution that requires no compromise: leave all non executing mobs as they are but add a deeper level with executing mobs to dungeons.
    And maybe deadly expeditions. Nobody losses anything, everybody gets what they want.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/