Bows are underpowered

• nicolas2162 schrieb:

Bajoli schrieb:

When people say stuf like: "the bow is underpowered" i actually ask myself which one of them? There are quite some types and also quite some builds. Your bow build can be weak, not because of the bow, but because of the rest of your gear... The other way around is also the case, your build can be weak, because of the current meta, that counters it.

There is also a problem with balancing the bow. Kiting is interesting because it is either underpowered or overpowered and there is not much in between. For instance you can hit and run infinite or only finite amounts of time...
      The bow is underpowered for GvG. very good zvz and OW. The problem is you can't use the Warbow, longbow or Bow of badon for 5v5 due to the inefficiency of those wep for this type of fight.

Warbow is good for ow but still has too low damage
      Longbow and badon is just aoe zvz wep.

Now we just have whisp and standard and those bows are better than all other for GvG but still underpowered. There are couple of build and i have tryed a lot to. Always the same thing, bow is attack based damage with no burst and not very good utility. All other Rdp burst way better and get utility. Yes bow is doing probably the same amount of damage but for a long period for single target. All your damage are usually done during 8 sec or during 7-8 auto attack.
      What you're saying is basically that all weapons should be burst weapons. This would be a bad direction for the game.

Also, just out of interest, I compared 1H Frost damage with Bow's damage:

Frost Q: 242 damage (25% slow)
      Bow Q: 248 damage (15-60% cast speed increase)
      Fire Q: 242 damage (plus stacking dot)

Frost E: 459 damage (20% slow)
      Bow E: 483 damage (3s root)
      Fire E: Wall of Flames, who cares about the damage

I'd say you can 1:1 replace a frost user with a bow user. Only difference is the slows and the E's. Bow actually does more damage than frost in a glass cannon-setting.
      Bow isn't underpowered. Its in the exact same boat as all non-meta ranged weapons. As fire is getting nerfed quite frequently, it opens up the playing field for other ranged weapons.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • @Stravanov

What you're saying is basically that all weapons should be burst weapons. This would be a bad direction for the game.

If a weapon is not bursting with not very good utility, this weapon should do more damage overall. Otherwise nobody will use a Rdps like that. (like the bow finaly)

Also, just out of interest, I compared 1H Frost damage with Bow's damage:

You are pretty right, bow is not doing less damage, it's just not bursting and not doing more.

This Q deadly shot doesn't fit / combo well with all other spell (cast speed).

As fire is getting nerfed quite frequently, it opens up
      the playing field for other ranged weapons.

true, fire getting nerf but Frost and bow are very low tier and they both need little buff for gvg.
      They waited so long to nerf it...
      2 months of pain stuck in those firewall.
      I am also not happy, that Bows are currently hardly existent in 5v5 fights. Therefore bows will getting adjustments for the next content update to make them more useful in these scenarios. Retro 9 feb
    • Neu

Why people still say that warbow has a lot of mobility ? Does anyone uses speedshot after the nerf ?

I kinda feel like I am the slowest person in the gank as all other classes have some kind of speed boost I only have boots :-(.

My opinion on bows:
      Warbow: bring back the old speeshot !
      Longbow - OKish. Have to w+e so only have Q left before alpha discharge.
      Standard bow - pure crap, no way you can make it work.
      Whispering - too low damage, new speed shot doesn't work well with it. Still requires hunter jacket. Meh.
      Wailing - pure crap lol even with mastery.
      Badon - OKish, damage is low but can be pain in the butt with interrupt.
    • Neu

Why people still say that warbow has a lot of mobility ? Does anyone uses speedshot after the nerf ?

OP yes. the nerf is only -13% for mobility. It's the best option for ganking / killing gatherer

I kinda feel like I am the slowest person in the gank as all other classes have some kind of speed boost I only have boots :-(.
      true. Tanks and gatherer are so fast lol.

My opinion on bows:

Longbow - OKish. Have to w+e so only have Q left before alpha discharge.

Longbow very good for the price!

100% true

Whispering - too low damage, new speed shot doesn't work well with it. Still requires hunter jacket. Meh.

100% very to low damage
      I am also not happy, that Bows are currently hardly existent in 5v5 fights. Therefore bows will getting adjustments for the next content update to make them more useful in these scenarios. Retro 9 feb
    • Neu

H4nk schrieb:

The problem is - current meta in GvG is about burst damage and bow do not have burst damage.
      Only regular bow have some kind of burst damage but only after few auto attacks, but this is too late for follow and it is easy to counter this.
      Yep true so after should they really increase bow damage more than all other classes?

or let the game unbalance bow bow players?
    • Neu

While it is a burst meta, that doesn't mean it has to be the only meta game in town or that they can't modify bows to fit in it.

People are out there trying to make double tank or double healer comps work and if they introduced a more reliable way to drain energy, maybe the meta would shift to allow them to fit in. Change whispering to drain X energy each shot instead of gaining the additional range could make attrition type comps work.

On the flip side, a magic arrow + ray of light is a pretty big chunk of damage with both skills on a 10s cooldown. The downfall of course being they are both skill shots and one can be difficult to use due to LOS. Modifying one or both skills to be more easily used could at least get them the burst they need to fit in the meta. Ray could just be player targeted and it will damage that target and root that target and all targets between both players for example.

Then all they need is a Q toggle skill that increases your auto attack range by 30% to give the bow some ability to pressure opponents with auto attacks.
    • Neu

letwolf schrieb:

If case they will increase auto attack range for bows (interesting idea btw), they'll need to implement a selectable/targetable offscreen name plates or increase field of view. cuz now Whispering E goes off screen and you must close up, select target , then u can disengage and AA.
      True. I believe whispering is also 50% increase range so they could just reduce the bonus range too.
    • Neu

Previously the bow had a giant escapade on the "W" ability.Previously, the bow had Stun, which made it easy for the archer to hit and run easily what today is not possible.I agree with you, although the skills and Warbow are strong, they could at least have a STUN so that it is possible to do a kitting on the enemy.Or increase basic arc damageFinally ...Buff Bow Plis !!!
    • Neu

BabyCry schrieb:

Previously the bow had a giant escapade on the "W" ability.Previously, the bow had Stun, which made it easy for the archer to hit and run easily what today is not possible.I agree with you, although the skills and Warbow are strong, they could at least have a STUN so that it is possible to do a kitting on the enemy.Or increase basic arc damageFinally ...Buff Bow Plis !!!
      If you give bow a stun, you have to reduce its damage.

Please understand the fundamental principles of balancing.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Neu

@ 'Stravanov'

What dmg ?

My friend X1 in the city the bow does not win of any class.

halbert, clarent blade, it calls bodies, dagger, magicians in general, none!

The bow only has "advantage" if it stays free hit and long distance and currently neither mobility has, the "W" was nerfado, the speed and the jump, the bow has no base damage !!! 40 ~ 50 depending on the tier.

At least one thing or another, or stun or jump.

Either they come back with STUN or they jump back into the W as it was in 2015/16.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von BabyCry ()

• Neu

BabyCry schrieb:

@ 'Stravanov'

What dmg ?
      Bow Q does the exact same damage as frost and fire (minus the dot). If you want a stun option on bows, you should give it to those weapons too.

In stead of a stun, fire has fire wall. Frost has slow and root. And bows have Frost Shot (mobility+slow) and Ray of Light (root).

You can't make bow's mobility/cc more powerful without taking something from them. This is the fundamental balance concept that you don't understand.
    • Neu

nicolas2162 schrieb:

100% true

Lol. Now you really are showing how out of touch you are. Normal bow is amazing burst. Use E. 6 stacks use W. Easy 800-1000+dps. I regularly beat 6.1+ wearing T4 with normal bow. Check my b
      Killboard.

Oh. My guild took a whispering bow to a BZ GvG today...and won. Guess it is viable after all. We also did a 5v5 after. Maybe it's just your guild?
    • Neu

Bastyon schrieb:

nicolas2162 schrieb:

100% true
      Lol. Now you really are showing how out of touch you are. Normal bow is amazing burst. Use E. 6 stacks use W. Easy 800-1000+dps. I regularly beat 6.1+ wearing T4 with normal bow. Check my b
      Killboard.

Oh. My guild took a whispering bow to a BZ GvG today...and won. Guess it is viable after all. We also did a 5v5 after. Maybe it's just your guild?
      Curious, which W are you talking about? Explosive shot or Ray of light? Also how much spec do you have with normal bow to do that?
      Use my referral key for starter packs:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

or PM me on Discord [EB]Grimhawke#9254 for a free trial key
    • Neu

Stravanov schrieb:

BabyCry schrieb:

@ 'Stravanov'

What dmg ?
      Bow Q does the exact same damage as frost and fire (minus the dot). If you want a stun option on bows, you should give it to those weapons too.
      In stead of a stun, fire has fire wall. Frost has slow and root. And bows have Frost Shot (mobility+slow) and Ray of Light (root).

You can't make bow's mobility/cc more powerful without taking something from them. This is the fundamental balance concept that you don't understand.
      You just mentioned how you do it... you attach the stun to a W other than Ray of Light.
    • Neu

Bastyon schrieb:

nicolas2162 schrieb:

100% true
      Killboard.

Bow is still not accepted dude ... I am still spamming everywhere

100 standard bow spec and 89 whispering bow spec lf HG

for days ....

Bow is so low tier that only few bow are doing GvG ...

What do you want me to say? you know better the group than everybody else? no

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()