Battle Frenzy buff

• Battle Frenzy buff

Increase the duration of "Battle Frenzy" for 6 seconds could help under-used axes be used. (A slight increase of cool down of the skill could be needed tho)
      This buff wouldn't hurt the overall balance of all weapons because deadly chop is really good in terms of damage atm. I just want players have the variety to choose from. It could encourage people to use other skills for their special builds.
      Buffing the gap closer could bring more interesting builds for Axe line-up.

Great Axe: I observed solo players use this weapon off and on but not occasionally in group pvp. I think that Great Axe can be viable in group pvp than now if it can have little more mobility with CC immune. Great Axe needs to take the initiative in running into the players in order to be effective inside the enemy. In my opinion, 4 seconds of Battle Frenzy needs to be same or longer duration than Whirlwind's 5 seconds.
      I think this could help a a little who wants to play "Barbarian style", and they need to be some what fluid. Right now, there's so many interrupt and movement breaker skills, and only 4 seconds of Battle Frenzy is not enough for Great Axe to shine.

Battle Axe: is great for 1v1 pvp. other than that, not so sure. Only few times I saw people use this weapon in competitive battles from the launch of the Albion Online. Fundamentally, the weapon itself needs a rework in my opinion. However, at least, it has hack and slash feel to it and Olaf in League of Legends. If it is intended that way, Increasing the duration of Battle Frenzy could help those who wants to play this style.
    • I wish they'd just merge adrenaline boost and battle frenzy into a single skill in some fashion so they could free up a skill slot with something else entirely. They could always make the ability ramp up in some fashion to balance it as opposed to increasing its cooldown or use that as a balancing measure to increase its duration beyond the 5-6 second range.

But even with a change like this it would still be a bottom tier weapon. The damage it does isn't amazing compared to other weapons and it has no true mobility skill like most of the more effective weapons. Even with a larger duration, the lack of protection against knockbacks and stuns would mean you're still easily countered. They need to expand the utility the weapon provides to make it more attractive in a group setting.

For example, if they merged the 2 movement skills into one they could provide the axe with a true movement skill. A charge that pulls the first target you hit along with you for example would be quite valuable. They could also make whirlwind apply a very low damage dot that reduces healing on damage so it can apply a much larger AE healing debuff on a group. Halbred's AE debuff could be changed so rending swing now does energy damage instead and the debuff would stop energy regen for 10 seconds.

The Q ability Fierce Strike is also quite bad. Why not make it a mini-jump forward that cleaves kind of like how the quarterstaff's cartwheel works but only do damage and nothing else.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

I wish they'd just merge adrenaline boost and battle frenzy into a single skill in some fashion so they could free up a skill slot with something else entirely. They could always make the ability ramp up in some fashion to balance it as opposed to increasing its cooldown or use that as a balancing measure to increase its duration beyond the 5-6 second range.

But even with a change like this it would still be a bottom tier weapon. The damage it does isn't amazing compared to other weapons and it has no true mobility skill like most of the more effective weapons. Even with a larger duration, the lack of protection against knockbacks and stuns would mean you're still easily countered. They need to expand the utility the weapon provides to make it more attractive in a group setting.

For example, if they merged the 2 movement skills into one they could provide the axe with a true movement skill. A charge that pulls the first target you hit along with you for example would be quite valuable. They could also make whirlwind apply a very low damage dot that reduces healing on damage so it can apply a much larger AE healing debuff on a group. Halbred's AE debuff could be changed so rending swing now does energy damage instead and the debuff would stop energy regen for 10 seconds.

The Q ability Fierce Strike is also quite bad. Why not make it a mini-jump forward that cleaves kind of like how the quarterstaff's cartwheel works but only do damage and nothing else.
      Fierce strike is getting an update next patch. sadly no mini-jumps, but it gets a nice spin aoe damage that applies aoe rending debuff, check this update out:

Retroman schrieb:

Axes:

• Fierce Strike:
        • The ability has been reworked. It now cleaves all enemies around the player and doesn't require an enemy target anymore and applies Rending stacks to all enemies hit.
        • Cooldown: 2s -> 3s
        • Damage: 72.39 -> 50.02
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0s
      • Internal Bleeding:
        • Hit Delay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 0s -> 0.3s
        • Radius: 5m -> 6m

• Rending Swing:
        • The ability is reworked, it doesn't require an enemy target anymore, It spreads Rending Dot stacks to all enemies hit.
        • The Healing Reduction is removed
        • Damage: 84.35 -> 144.60
        • Hitdelay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 1s -> 0.4s
        • Radius: 5m -> 7m

it would be really really nice if they would merge battle frenzy with adrenaline boost,
      battle frenzy is currently being used as an zvz/counter-gank surviving tool for axe players, meanwhile adrenaline boost is just used for, eh, idk, maybe running faster for traveling.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

Nvs1980 schrieb:

I wish they'd just merge adrenaline boost and battle frenzy into a single skill in some fashion so they could free up a skill slot with something else entirely. They could always make the ability ramp up in some fashion to balance it as opposed to increasing its cooldown or use that as a balancing measure to increase its duration beyond the 5-6 second range.

Fierce strike is getting an update next patch. sadly no mini-jumps, but it gets a nice spin aoe damage that applies aoe rending debuff, check this update out:

Retroman schrieb:

Axes:

• Fierce Strike:
        • The ability has been reworked. It now cleaves all enemies around the player and doesn't require an enemy target anymore and applies Rending stacks to all enemies hit.
        • Cooldown: 2s -> 3s
        • Damage: 72.39 -> 50.02
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0s
      • Internal Bleeding:
        • Hit Delay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 0s -> 0.3s
        • Radius: 5m -> 6m

• Rending Swing:
        • The ability is reworked, it doesn't require an enemy target anymore, It spreads Rending Dot stacks to all enemies hit.
        • The Healing Reduction is removed
        • Damage: 84.35 -> 144.60
        • Hitdelay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 1s -> 0.4s
        • Radius: 5m -> 7m

it would be really really nice if they would merge battle frenzy with adrenaline boost,battle frenzy is currently being used as an zvz/counter-gank surviving tool for axe players, meanwhile adrenaline boost is just used for, eh, idk, maybe running faster for traveling.
      I mostly use Adrenaline boost on my greataxe. Easiest weapon to dismount people with. I like the axes Ws the way they are now.