Blackboard ?

• DerMenten wrote:

Hello Community,

what would you guys think of some kind of Blackboard ?
    So that there could be a system for workers without a guild to earn money by doing work for Guilds (for example Stonemasons who build and farm) but don´t need to join them to do so.
    Do you get my idea ? What do you think about it ?
    I'm not sure I get your idea ... sorry.

Some kind of hiring board for players ?
  • Yes ideed.
    Imagine a guild that can´t produce that T6 stone but you can. So the Guild makes an offer on the Blackboard.
    You take the offer and the guild pays you a set amount of silver for your work. They give you guest status on ther island and you can get there with your stone and upgrade or build for them.
    Do you understand what I mean ?
  • Stravanov wrote:

What you are suggesting is already in the game. Its called the "auction house".
    Almost. The difference being that if YOU build, you get to keep the fame (not that this is really important after a point), so you might want to offer your services and mats for a lower price to be competitive with marketplace prices. The gameplay difference is minimal though compared to buying from the marketplace, I agree it is not worth looking into.
  • DerMenten wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

No it isn´t. at least not in the form I suggested.My point is that there would be real jobs and more to it than simply sell your stone.
    I get your point but I think it would be much cooler to get that kind of "job" aspect in the game.

tzervo wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Almost. The difference being that if YOU build, you get to keep the fame (not that this is really important after a point), so you might want to offer your services and mats for a lower price to be competitive with marketplace prices. The gameplay difference is minimal though compared to buying from the marketplace, I agree it is not worth looking into.
    Name one other activity that you would like to be able to perform through the black board.

There is only this one activity. Its a little bit overkill to make an entire system for such a little and useless thing.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Well you can actually get that in a more RP genre.

There has always been some kind of freelancers, mercenaries thingy.

You shout in commerce or any chat you like, and you ask for someone to gather something for you, in a certain amount, or you can hire people to guard you and your ox (but take care with that ..). You could hire people to help you kill certain mobs, although this seems dubious.
    Anyway the point is: we are people, and we can get to a kind of blackboard just by using the chat.
    Although ! on that point: we could have a easier use of chat if we could create our own channel, say : "/en" for an English chan, "/sp" for a Spanish one ... "/hire" if you wanna implement this RP thingy, "/rp" /"sexchatline" /"sellingdough" anything you'd like ! Just invite peeps to use it ! and that's it.
  • Soren_Kierkegaard wrote:

Well you can actually get that in a more RP genre.

There has always been some kind of freelancers, mercenaries thingy.

You shout in commerce or any chat you like, and you ask for someone to gather something for you, in a certain amount, or you can hire people to guard you and your ox (but take care with that ..). You could hire people to help you kill certain mobs, although this seems dubious.
    Anyway the point is: we are people, and we can get to a kind of blackboard just by using the chat.
    Although ! on that point: we could have a easier use of chat if we could create our own channel, say : "/en" for an English chan, "/sp" for a Spanish one ... "/hire" if you wanna implement this RP thingy, "/rp" /"sexchatline" /"sellingdough" anything you'd like ! Just invite peeps to use it ! and that's it.
    Thats true,
    Maybe it is really a little too less important to implement.
    thanks to everyone taking part in this discussion.

sincerely
    DerMenten