Crossbow Line needs a buff

• Crossbow Line needs a buff

Everything apart from Heavy crossbow atm seems unplayable, weeping repeater crossbow is shocking, crossbow snipe takes 3 years to cast and is highly visible so it is so easy to avoid in comparison to other weapon es (Assasin boot dodge), I understand its about pleasing the meta crowd but cant they look at killboards and maybe balance weapons around that so everyones not just playing the same few weapons..Im yet to see anyone using an elder crossbow or weeping repeater literally no one...heavy is only good for gvg leaving crossbow with nothing else to fill any other role, it seems this line has been completely neglected with hardly any unlocks/lack of spells past lvl 40.
    • Id argue to siegebow is very easy to avoid e and there are better artifact weapons, it does have its use for PVE however it lacks alot of other high dmg /cc qs, ws , either way heavy crossbow is really only useful one out of the bunch only for gvg it is terrible for open world , theres literally 0 ppl playing weeping repeater/ crossbow in open gvg atm why would you when you can get snipe shot instant dmg from another weapon without the stupid the big flashy line across the map, not too mention they are completely immobile when to use most of there spells as they are long cast times/ low dmg. i mean they need to just open there eyes and look how many ppl have t8 weeping repeaters/light crossbows/ crossbows, im yet to see any maybe one light crossbow user but they probably quit months ago havnt seen them since.. i mean the game needs variety not everyone wants to play a clarent blade to actually be on an equal playing field, i suggest adding more spells like youve done to the other lines/ slight cast time decrease on snipe / lower visibility/ or dmg increase.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• Asaroth schrieb:

Id argue to siegebow is very easy to avoid e and there are better artifact weapons, it does have its use for PVE however it lacks alot of other high dmg /cc qs, ws , either way heavy crossbow is really only useful one out of the bunch only for gvg it is terrible for open world , theres literally 0 ppl playing weeping repeater/ crossbow in open gvg atm why would you when you can get snipe shot instant dmg from another weapon without the stupid the big flashy line across the map, not too mention they are completely immobile when to use most of there spells as they are long cast times/ low dmg. i mean they need to just open there eyes and look how many ppl have t8 weeping repeaters/light crossbows/ crossbows, im yet to see any maybe one light crossbow user but they probably quit months ago havnt seen them since.. i mean the game needs variety not everyone wants to play a clarent blade to actually be on an equal playing field, i suggest adding more spells like youve done to the other lines/ slight cast time decrease on snipe / lower visibility/ or dmg increase.
      But seigebow seems to be taking place as a new meta weapon? The AOE is instant, making it extremely OP. Stun 3-4 people, pop SB, watch life drop like crazy.
      So what Albion is not what it was in early betas. This sh*t is still a good game
    • CatFresh schrieb:

Asaroth schrieb:

Id argue to siegebow is very easy to avoid e and there are better artifact weapons, it does have its use for PVE however it lacks alot of other high dmg /cc qs, ws , either way heavy crossbow is really only useful one out of the bunch only for gvg it is terrible for open world , theres literally 0 ppl playing weeping repeater/ crossbow in open gvg atm why would you when you can get snipe shot instant dmg from another weapon without the stupid the big flashy line across the map, not too mention they are completely immobile when to use most of there spells as they are long cast times/ low dmg. i mean they need to just open there eyes and look how many ppl have t8 weeping repeaters/light crossbows/ crossbows, im yet to see any maybe one light crossbow user but they probably quit months ago havnt seen them since.. i mean the game needs variety not everyone wants to play a clarent blade to actually be on an equal playing field, i suggest adding more spells like youve done to the other lines/ slight cast time decrease on snipe / lower visibility/ or dmg increase.
      But seigebow seems to be taking place as a new meta weapon? The AOE is instant, making it extremely OP. Stun 3-4 people, pop SB, watch life drop like crazy.
      Siegebow needs a team comp built around it otherwise the E is fairly lackluster, I think the crossbow line is very balanced -- only a few are actually used/viable in 5v5 content whereas others are good in PvE or ZvZ similar to every other line
      i stream and post videos on the internet
      twitch.tv/SeanTazzik
      youtube.com/SeanTazzik
    • They don't need a Stat buff, they are pretty balanced. The problem is indeed: how you play around a crossbow.
      Right now the only distances that suck are frost and bow, they lack statistics, and more precisely damage stats.

For real, 81 basic dmg on swords.
      40 on staves.
      55 on bows.

55+(30%55) = 71 (Adding 30% of dmg when you wear leather)
      40+(60%40) = 64 (Adding 60% of dmg when you wear cloth)
      81+(30%81) = 105 (Adding 30% of dmg when you wear leather)

Mages have almost the same base damage as a bow does, which means that they deal slightly the same damage with auto attacks. How is this fair ?
      I understand that you can't have the same damage when you are distance and you're in melee... but come on, 34 dmg difference ?

This is the reason why auto attack is of no use most of the time. The leather gear is the only one to provide the atck speed bonus, and it's really not that useful tbh. That's sad imho.
    • On topic here, if the devs looked at the amount of people who play weeping repeater, crossbow, light crossbow then something obviously needs to be done on the line with only heavy crossbow being viable, siege bow isnt even near as good as bow of badon e and apart from that its virtually useless, a channel which only does 300ish dmg per second + 2% of opponents health in which they have to stand in a narrow cone for 5 secs to get the full mediocre dmg,im not sure why people are disagreeing its a fact they are completely unused worse than daggers. i guess its who screams the loudest on here gets there way with whatever line they have leveled up, despite the complete non use of 90% of line. @Retroman
    • Thats the problem there is only 1 useful weapon from the whole line out of them all, maybe those heavy crossbow players might wanna play something else in the line at some point but as it stands the weeping repeater, crossbow , siegebow, have very little use, as anything they can do other weapons can simply do better hence there lack of use in anything and rarity to see a player using one anywhere. at least some lines have 2 or 3 that can be used for different uses i.e open world or zvz, currently crossbow has nothing but what heavy can do, may aswell rename the entire line heavy crossbow because that all you will play. Variety is a good thing for albion online and keeps players playing who have leveled crossbow up high but want to switch to 1 other viable weapon from the line for some purpose, as it stands they currently cant do that without being at disadvantage from everything to immobility to slow cast times/ low q-w dmg to there low auto attack dmg/ they are so easy to dodge the e / interupt there slow casting and lock them down as they cant kite like bows, there dmg isnt on par for such a immobile slow casting class (crossbow). there are weapons out now hitting very close to its e instantly. siegebow is like a slightly better forest of spears but without any cc to lock them down.. its not that great compared to others, weeping repeater where do i start.. and light crossbow is ok i guess but its just ok.. hence its unpopularity in users and while everyone plays heavy. They should lower cast times/ visibility on es to give this line something or increase dmg slightly to compensate for its complete immobility while using its spells.
    • That same argument can be used for so many weapons in this game though. At least with the crossbow, it is in the meta using a non-artifact option which is not the norm. But the weapon provides much more than its E ability. While the damage on the Q abilities is somewhat low, the ability to ground target the Q to poke at range is quite valuable. The silence on W is quite powerful. And the instant piercing damage of the E is quite powerful. I really don't see room to increase the raw passive damage on the weapon by upping the auto or Q dps without cutting back on the other areas.

Is higher Q or auto damage worth increasing Sweeping Bolt to a 30 second cooldown? Is it worth shortening the silence or increasing Noise Erasers cooldown?

I think the larger issue is simply trying to improve the other 2 normal crossbows and the only room for improvement is likely on their E abilities. I still wish they'd swap Snipe and Explosive Blast personally. Snipe with an offhand book for cast time reduction would be enough. Changing Explosive Blast to have a larger radius would resolve that problem.
    • Crossbow here and I can assure you it's very balanced.

Light crossbow is one of the best single target .... and aoe dps in the game.
      If you make a build for snipe shot, you can make it cast in 1sec.
      Heavy crossbow is balanced because dmg is the highest on a Q but it's hard to land.
      I don't even mention the mobility compared to a turret fire/frost mage.

However I'll agree with you on the fact that weeping repeater is useless.

As always in this game, everyone is following the meta and tend to overlook everything else.
    • If light crossbow is so good then why is it so rare? its ok as it is but its not amazing, also frost has lots of cc, fire has firewall. the only crossbow being played atm is heavy, why play mainhand crossbow when snipe takes super long to cast / having to build around faster cast time doesnt solve the visibility issue and royal boot jump,there are weapons out there currently i.e clarent/gallantine that can put out more dmg in an aoe than snipe, Theres no arguements that everything apart from heavy rn is useless/underplayed due to the heavy having an instant e which hits multiple targets/interupts casting, bloodletter e for example can do similar dmg to snipe but is instant and can hit at a distance, the q is over rated anyone with half skill/ no ping can just run out of it as its a very slow projectile with a tiny radius/weak dmg. Anyways its clear no one playing heavy crossbow/ who cares about the line has commented yet, mostly dagger users here commenting i understand your bias but please be realistic and post a screen shot of your main with a elder crossbow/weeping repeater/siegebow we all know they dont exist.. theres not even any in the AH in caerlon.. I suppose the meta like having a weak line in the game that they dont have to worry about losing too it seems.. its a shame when balancing is done by whoever posts the most on the forums and not by actual data of Underused weapons, there clearly not used for a reason.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• I main Heavy X-Bow, and the line does need tweaking. Heavy is in a good place, but the rest of the line is not.

Putting snipe on Light X-bow to allow offhand book is a good idea and would make snipe spiking comps potentially viable.

Weeping Repeater could be useful if the mine lasted a long enough time to stack a couple and then control groups onto the mines, but as it stands it is not good enough to consider useless. Shorten CD on E and increase the duration of the mine and it potentially works for speed clear comps and possibly opens up a niche possibility for forced movement 5's comps.

Crossbow (basic) would not be very good if you just put the E from light on it, unless you fix Caltrops (by making it a large AoE with small a small true damage DOT and short duration high magnitude snare). Then Crossbow would be a viable ZvZ option :)

Boltcasters are close to viable, but E takes too long to ramp up. Reduce number of hits, but make the damage escalate much faster and it would have a spot in bursty 5's comps.

Siegebow sucks compared to the other relic artifacts for the most part. It is kinda-sorta workable in ZvZ, but only because in large scale combat no one can see what's coming due to lag, so they eat the 5s of E and die. There is nothing this weapon can do that Firestaves don't do better and cheaper. The conical AoE was a good idea, but 5s channel is frankly stupid. Condense the damage to 3s channel (that cast speed can reduce), shorten the range considerably and make sure its uninterruptible like other relic artifacts, and you'd have something workable.
    • Siege bow is in an excellent place. EDIT: Maybe not Meta but very viable.

The Heavy and Light crossbow play very similarly to frost/fire. The nuance is you have an armor break instead of a form of CC (play frost/fire if you want CC). AKA you can replace a Curse Staff with an Xbow/Axes.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Sixunder ()

• Cool that some players are trying to be different from the rest and use siegebow but really lets be honest bow of badon e (instant cast) does more dmg i shouldnt have to even put the equation for dmg on here as SBI have access to the dmg per second not too mention it interupts casting or a gallantine, I mean its ok but its definitely not the best out of the new artifacts, damnation can do more dmg per second like its really hard to knock out a team for 5 secs non stop with diminishing returns but i mean sure if you wanna be different use a siegebow but again other weapons can do more dmg per second with quicker channel than that. But yeh i mean the issue here is clearly Crossbow, weeping repeater, Bolt casters, light crossbow as they are rarely played with most not even in AH caerlon past t6 shows there no one using them. Like 90% of the time you just step out of the cone and take what 600 dmg + hp % like 640? + armour its does nothing after all the resist / armour its just a buffed forest of spears i mean you dont need to be good at maths to work it out..

BTW for those not clear HEAVY CROSSBOW IS FINE Although hardly the best 5v5 weapon but competitive, thats the problem we have one viable weapon, bows have bow of badon, whispering , warbow (Best 1v1, 1v2 Open world/ ganking weapon as evidenced by killboard, look up nausk its just king crossbow is just a pawn no king) , Along with Claws/ bloodletter most used weapons bloodletter does dmg of snipe instant and can chase with dash e.t.c, i mean i thought crossbow was meant to be immobile but high dmg.. turns out its fallen behind since beta and needs some urgent attention, like how do they expect the hundreds of Heavy crossbow players to keep playing when they ignore 90% of the line.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• Sixunder schrieb:

Siege bow is in an excellent place. It is now Meta for GvGs and ZvZs.
      Funny you use that match as an example. Derrick and Energylegs are two of the best X-bow players in the game. Neither makes a play with the Siegebow 'E' in the entire match. Both would have been more efficient for their team had they taken Heavy X-Bow instead.

Most of MG's pressure in the match and every one of their kills was from Deathw's Forest of Spears plays. He didn't last hit them all, but most of the damage was his. A heavy X-Bow could have prevented at least one of the kills and mitigated significant pressure throughout the match (possibly enough to have changed the outcome).

Meanwhile, Derrick was pretty much just pressuring with Q and W through the match. If he was on Heavy X, then MG probably gets one or two more kills where Exertion players were able to kite out and survive on low health. The range and quick fire of Sweeping Bolt would have been better.

Add to that the fact that the already immobile Crossbow user standing still for 3-5 seconds just to cast the 'E' is a death sentence unless your opponents have completely screwed the pooch and got AoE stunned for an eternity. The thing is that if your opponents are that bad to begin with, then you could have either of those guys playing with 1-H Daggers and they'd still win the match.

That match is a perfect example of why Heavy > Siegebow for GvG if you watch it closely.
    • Siege bow is Forest of Spears on crack. Yes people can get out of it, but is that preventing spear users from getting forest off? Bring a stun tank. Will be countered by Cleanse.

Also, funny people complain about a weapon line that has viability vs. other weapon lines that have 0 viable weapons that are being represented in GvG. The OP doesn't even mention GvG in his post, however assumed what the intent is. If you talk ZvZ Siege Bows are perhaps the strongest AOE DPS in the game ATM.