Has dagger science gone too far?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• It's just hard to balance daggers/Single Target DPS when any monkey with a Clarent can hit 3-10 people for half their life every E. If Daggers can't 1 shot someone, they're always going to be pretty much useless by comparison... and if they can 1 shot someone, it's crappy design and bad gameplay.

And that doesn't even factor in how much a long, boring, lonely road it is to fame farm up daggers, since no Fame Farm group wants your pitiful DPS when you can mass pull a bunch of groups and AoE them down.

Overall, weapon balance in this game is complete shit and I don't think there's anything they can do to fix it other than a complete widescale AoE nerf which will just piss off everyone who's fame farmed up the right weapons.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

It's just hard to balance daggers/Single Target DPS when any monkey with a Clarent can hit 3-10 people for half their life every E. If Daggers can't 1 shot someone, they're always going to be pretty much useless by comparison... and if they can 1 shot someone, it's crappy design and bad gameplay.

And that doesn't even factor in how much a long, boring, lonely road it is to fame farm up daggers, since no Fame Farm group wants your pitiful DPS when you can mass pull a bunch of groups and AoE them down.

Overall, weapon balance in this game is complete shit and I don't think there's anything they can do to fix it other than a complete widescale AoE nerf which will just piss off everyone who's fame farmed up the right weapons.
      If you seriously Think that Fame farming in groups with a dagger is bad... you really need to rethink how you Fame Farm. Bloodletter does Insane auto attack damage and multiple execute damage if you aim correctly. The new relic daggers completely decimate dps wise. Every single time I join a FF group with my setups using daggers the comment always comes out. Man this is moving along a lot faster now. I can fame farm in groups 250-300k or more per hour depending on rest of the group with my daggers.. I can also solo fame farm Rhinos with a skinner garb and get at a minimum 250k per hour.
      Organized Chaos
    • Rainphase schrieb:

Bloodletter does Insane auto attack damage
      ... kinda lost me here.

All I've ever seen for fame farm groups is people wanting strong AoE for pulling 4-5 packs of mobs at a time and downing them quickly. Single target damage does not help with that. You show up with daggers, you're laughed out of the group.

But yes, you'll always have Rhinos, I suppose. Play Albion Online - grind Rhinos for hundreds of hours. Yay.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

... kinda lost me here.
      All I've ever seen for fame farm groups is people wanting strong AoE for pulling 4-5 packs of mobs at a time and downing them quickly. Single target damage does not help with that. You show up with daggers, you're laughed out of the group.

But yes, you'll always have Rhinos, I suppose. Play Albion Online - grind Rhinos for hundreds of hours. Yay.
      Like I said I do Fame Farm groups with Bloodletter and my Deathgivers and receive 0 complaints and full compliments.

Just because a weapon has 1-2 aoe attacks doesn't mean it does more damage or OP damage for FF groups. I can reach 350-450+ damage on auto attacks with q stacks.. and can bang out 3/4 if not the full damage on 1 target as the aoe dps does on multi targets. Plus aoe is great but getting mobs burnt down faster staggered instead of all at once actually helps the group. As you can pull more mobs and continue the fame farm assuming your group has proper hp and mana management. This is the key to getting high outputs during fame farms
      Organized Chaos
    • Rainphase schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

It's just hard to balance daggers/Single Target DPS when any monkey with a Clarent can hit 3-10 people for half their life every E. If Daggers can't 1 shot someone, they're always going to be pretty much useless by comparison... and if they can 1 shot someone, it's crappy design and bad gameplay.

If you seriously Think that Fame farming in groups with a dagger is bad... you really need to rethink how you Fame Farm. Bloodletter does Insane auto attack damage and multiple execute damage if you aim correctly. The new relic daggers completely decimate dps wise. Every single time I join a FF group with my setups using daggers the comment always comes out. Man this is moving along a lot faster now. I can fame farm in groups 250-300k or more per hour depending on rest of the group with my daggers.. I can also solo fame farm Rhinos with a skinner garb and get at a minimum 250k per hour.
      I am really interested in your setups because I don't buy it. Especially the deathgivers setup cause I consider bloodletter better and viable.

There is NO way even if you are pulling 1000 dps single target to outdps and outfame some aoe weapons who do like *at least* double that damage.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

... kinda lost me here.

Actually emphasis on the 4-5 PACKS and not mobs. on mob count it is like 10-16.
    • kreeshak schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

... kinda lost me here.All I've ever seen for fame farm groups is people wanting strong AoE for pulling 4-5 packs of mobs at a time and downing them quickly. Single target damage does not help with that. You show up with daggers, you're laughed out of the group.

I said Packs of Mobs. :)

We're in agreement. The guy who's saying Bloodletter's auto attack damage is a factor when their group is AoEing down 15-16 mobs at a time (or should be) is making me seriously think he hasn't been in a legit fame farm group before.
    • kreeshak schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

I am really interested in your setups because I don't buy it. Especially the deathgivers setup cause I consider bloodletter better and viable.
      There is NO way even if you are pulling 1000 dps single target to outdps and outfame some aoe weapons who do like *at least* double that damage.
      It has to do mainly with the dagger user, and the dynamics of the group. I adapt really well and can burn down a "mage" Extremely fast especially with 3 q stacks and a double E. You need to understand your role in the group and how to be the most efficient. I also Pull mobs as a secondary function of the group.
      Organized Chaos
    • RockLobster schrieb:

kreeshak schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

... kinda lost me here.All I've ever seen for fame farm groups is people wanting strong AoE for pulling 4-5 packs of mobs at a time and downing them quickly. Single target damage does not help with that. You show up with daggers, you're laughed out of the group.
      I said Packs of Mobs. :)
      We're in agreement. The guy who's saying Bloodletter's auto attack damage is a factor when their group is AoEing down 15-16 mobs at a time (or should be) is making me seriously think he hasn't been in a legit fame farm group before.
      Not only do I run Legit fame farm groups quite often, I also run gank squad. If you cannot see how something can be useful in a dynamic continuous fight as I am trying to describe it leads me to believe that you have either been in some seriously lame FF groups or ones that do not even compare to what I am used to running..
      Organized Chaos
    • Fame Farming is not about pulling together 10-16 mobs and aoe burning them down.. Waiting for 15 seconds as the healer heals everyone and druid cowl drops for mana. The high Fame comes from dynamic fighting that is continuous and non stop 6-10 mob pulls. and to do that you need more dynamics than just aoe dps. For this fact alone I believe we are not comparing stuff on the same level
      Organized Chaos
    • Rainphase schrieb:

Fame Farming is not about pulling together 10-16 mobs and aoe burning them down.. Waiting for 15 seconds as the healer heals everyone and druid cowl drops for mana. The high Fame comes from dynamic fighting that is continuous and non stop 6-10 mob pulls. and to do that you need more dynamics than just aoe dps. For this fact along I believe we are not comparing stuff on the same level
      Imagine. 2 flame tornado, 1 air compressor tank, 1 holy healer and 1 arcane, killing few packs every 20-30 sec, with one beamed flame tornado at time, while other recharging, regenerating mana with power bolts, while running to next position. It's real, and it can clear whole 1st level of dungeon in time by them self. 1M fame per hour.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von gmatagmis ()

• Rainphase schrieb:

Fame Farming is not about pulling together 10-16 mobs and aoe burning them down.. Waiting for 15 seconds as the healer heals everyone and druid cowl drops for mana. The high Fame comes from dynamic fighting that is continuous and non stop 6-10 mob pulls. and to do that you need more dynamics than just aoe dps. For this fact alone I believe we are not comparing stuff on the same level
      yellow zone farming ?
    • gmatagmis schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

Fame Farming is not about pulling together 10-16 mobs and aoe burning them down.. Waiting for 15 seconds as the healer heals everyone and druid cowl drops for mana. The high Fame comes from dynamic fighting that is continuous and non stop 6-10 mob pulls. and to do that you need more dynamics than just aoe dps. For this fact along I believe we are not comparing stuff on the same level
      Imagine. 2 flame tornado, 1 air compressor tank, 1 holy healer and 1 arcane, killing few packs every 20-30 sec, with one beamed flame tornado at time, while other recharging, regenerating mana with power bolts, while running to next position. It's real, and it can clear whole 1st level of dungeon in time by them self. 1M fame per hour.
      That great if you got 2 Fire users 1 Mace user 1 Holy and 1 Arcane in every fame farm you run. But just imagine.. People want to level up other shit too.. Warbow Op in 1v1 ganking or even 1v2... But people choose to use other stuff because its fun and challenging.

If you got a dedicated group with that setup go for it man, i never boasted about 1m fame per hour.

skillazor schrieb:

Rainphase schrieb:

Fame Farming is not about pulling together 10-16 mobs and aoe burning them down.. Waiting for 15 seconds as the healer heals everyone and druid cowl drops for mana. The high Fame comes from dynamic fighting that is continuous and non stop 6-10 mob pulls. and to do that you need more dynamics than just aoe dps. For this fact alone I believe we are not comparing stuff on the same level
      yellow zone farming ?
      Black zone farming.. yellow.. can't even remember last time i went to yellow.. Sad people assuming everyone is a noob..
      Organized Chaos
    • Rainphase schrieb:

that's not how it works though.

there is no wait and no downtime. the bigger the aoe dps the lesser need for mana and druid cowl.

10-16 pulls ARE non stop as your 6-10 pulls, but those 10-16 mobs die faster than your 6-10.

Really think about it if a Blazing is doing 1000 dps on 10 mobs, it is clearing faster than a dagger doing 1000 dps on 1 mob. There is nothing to discuss here.