Suggestion to ease ip power understanding

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Suggestion to ease ip power understanding

Over time the enchant and item power system have grown into becomming a large complicated beast, which is hard enough for experienced players but simply impossible for new players.

Stuff like understanding how you get less ip for the next enchantment and how you get less ip for artifact enchsnts than non artifact enchants and all that jazz, combined with item power softcaps and how they work.
      Also includes that when anyone is trying to arsnge a event then the discusions become more about defining that 6.1 equivalent is than the actual event.
      The downside of my proposal is probably that some might mean that now they have learned the system it should stay. I understand it as well, but anyone who have worked with new players also know that its very unfriendly to nee and casual players and in in essense not needed at all in terms of merchanics.

I suggest a massive simplification, converting it directly into tiers.

Intended Result:
      Everything will have a easily understandable tier, related to their itempower - which can convert everything from softcaps to gearlevel discussions directly related to tiers.

How to do it?
      You simply convert all enchanted items into their flat tier equivalent.
      4.1 will be tier 5, 8.1 will be a tier 9 and so on.

When adding runes to a t5, you get a t6 a if ou add souls to a t5 you get a t7.

That way you can easily communicate tier levels, and power levels are much easier to understand.

Part 2
      With that done i would also suggest adding the 11 tiers to the destiny board so tier8 is wearable earlier as the stagegate for wearing flst 8 today is way to high, and then tier 11 will be the new 100.

People starting today feel alienated by the system we have, and it might make sense now because we have learned it over the games progression, but its not user friendly at all for people trying to learn, and changing this opens more doors than it closes.

Cheers
      /Frank
    • A way to improve the system would be to just add an interface to the AH to search for items by IP.

When I have to search for "How do I get the cheapest possible 1200 IP weapon of this type", I have to make many different searches.

I dunno if its viable.

But I agree that the whole enchant/quality system has turned into quite the beast.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Soren_Kierkegaard schrieb:

I actually just explain it by saying

T4.1 = T5
      T4.2 = T6
      and so on... cause it's the closest to reality and the easiest to explain.
      This causes even more confusion, because it's not true. It only works that way for regular gear. When it comes to artifacts, this system doesn't work anymore, as artifact enchantments provide different IP values and don't scale up in full tiers. Not to mention the IP cap in higher tiers.

I don't think the proposed system would work, but I do agree with @Sinatra.SUN that the IP system should be made more straightforward. It worked well back in the beta but with more item additions and slight changes in mechanics, the item power system has become so obscure that you need to show and explain the entire table to a player for them to understand it:

• Elsa schrieb:

Soren_Kierkegaard schrieb:

T4.1 = T5
      T4.2 = T6
      This causes even more confusion, because it's not true. It only works that way for regular gear. When it comes to artifacts, this system doesn't work anymore, as artifact enchantments provide different IP values and don't scale up in full tiers. Not to mention the IP cap in higher tiers.
      I don't think the proposed system would work, but I do agree with @Sinatra.SUN that the IP system should be made more straightforward. It worked well back in the beta but with more item additions and slight changes in mechanics, the item power system has become so obscure that you need to show and explain the entire table table to a player for them to understand it:

This is the single most helpful chart on the entire forum. Thank you.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Elsa schrieb:

T4.1 = T5
      T4.2 = T6

I know, but I couldn't find any solution to explain it otherwise, now with that chart ! My mates might see clearer in that mess ^^
    • Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

When looking at elsas chart and the ip increases between the different artifact typesi think its very clear that its simply very hard to grasp for non veterans.

Having the chart ingame would help, but in essense its a insanely user unfriendly setup.
      The chart doesn't even include item quality (normal, good, masterpiece, etc.). Imagine how big a chart including item quality would be.
    • Elsa schrieb:

T4.1 = T5
      T4.2 = T6
      I don't think the proposed system would work, but I do agree with @Sinatra.SUN that the IP system should be made more straightforward. It worked well back in the beta but with more item additions and slight changes in mechanics, the item power system has become so obscure that you need to show and explain the entire table to a player for them to understand it:

Nice chart, saved.