Puller in Open World Dungeon (Camlann/NR/BB/CV)

  • This is some fucked up shit imho... Its really annoying and game breaking... 2 days ago KHAOS was fighting ARCH and BLAME in Camlan, they merged parties to fight us, and it was an awesome fight, back and forth, just something that everyone likes to do in Open World PvP and everyone was getting fun, casualties in one side and on the other, until a guy named Pasquier logged in (thus getting the bubble) and came with 7/8 mobs following him and stood on top of us, so KHAOS had to go back and relinquish the choke point we were fighting on, then the puller went too far away from the spawn point of the mobs and the mobs got unleashed and went back , and on the way back mobs aggroed on KHAOS from a huge range (15 meters or some shit) and it was it, the other party pushed in and they got free kills, they did what they had to do, the only problem was that, ONE GUY ruined the fun for 30+ people... ONE GUY using a shitty "mechanic" (i call it Exploit...) So, this is the damage ONE GUY can do pulling mobs... from a fun PvP session ( Awesome fighting INDEED well done to all there from Arch/BLAME, good shit boyz) to a Rage and Frustration session in less than 30 secs... all thanks to... ONE GUY! So if you think that this is not a problem its all good, but i really can tell that you devs dont play your own game... GG!
  • Hmmmm....

    Suggestion:

    Make the bubble have a certain threshold that if attack by mobs(or players) couple of times, bubble just disappears.
    This way the pullers(or people logging in and out) have a risk of being downed by the mobs.
    Kinda like how knight boots works but have different mechanic to it like how long it lasts and the damage it can sustain.
  • Eternalhaze wrote:

    Kovett wrote:

    Also this has nothing to do with the number of players you need to farm Camlann or any fame farming zone. This is related to PvP, questioning how many players you need to farm any mob zone is redundant and unrelated to the issue at hand.
    Everything in this game is related to PvP as this is an open world full loot PvP game and that includes PvE fame farms. Think of it like PvEvP.
    As to the number of players you farm with I suppose that is entirely up to your party, but more likely than not when you blob farm - you paint yourself as a target and people want to come in and attack you. Maybe they sense weakness when they see more people than necessary fighting high end dungeons? You're certainly less likely to get trapped by "pullers" when you have a smaller group and can all be coordinated. Also I don't get the point of it, everyone gets shit fame. You're much better off getting into smaller groups and learning your group's limits.



    Kovett wrote:

    In addition, there often are more than 10 players farming at World Boss dungeons, the more numbers you have, the higher the chance you are safer. Nor have I mentioned that contesting a World Boss often requires more than 10 players, even though the boss is for 10 players, you need friendlies to guard the 10 or so killing the Boss, and/or need number to fight contesting Zergs.
    I don't know why people think numbers make you safer. In open world ZvZ sure, but in fame farm groups it doesn't matter as much as you think it does. There are so many choke-points and high ground advantages in open world dungeons that can allow you to fight outnumbered. But really - and this is key because some people are just too scared or prideful of dying to understand this - if you get ran up on while your group is on mobs you're most likely just gonna die. It's the reality of the situation and it's by design.
    Also please waste all that time with 20v20 finga-poppin each otha's assholes over world bosses until both sides give up because that's when me and my crew come in and do them.
    I think you haven't done or don't do fame farm much in these kinds of open world dungeon. Please note that open world dungeons are really different from those closed one (Shiftshadow, Spectral Sump, etc..). Numbers mean nothing at choke point, but there's a minimum required numbers of player for a choke point. In my opinion, it would be about 10 to 12.

    Moreover, when the time of world boss is up, the more number you have, the higher chance ,which you can have, to win the fight (1 group do the boss, the rest will be guards), because every alliance would bring their people to contest. It would be easy for the numbers of players to go up to 100 in each boss time.

    We have been doing those kinds of activities for several months, and we aren't scared for any intruders. So when we bring 10 or 20 or whatever the number, there would be a reason.
  • tarnator wrote:

    Eternalhaze wrote:

    Kovett wrote:

    Also this has nothing to do with the number of players you need to farm Camlann or any fame farming zone. This is related to PvP, questioning how many players you need to farm any mob zone is redundant and unrelated to the issue at hand.
    Everything in this game is related to PvP as this is an open world full loot PvP game and that includes PvE fame farms. Think of it like PvEvP.As to the number of players you farm with I suppose that is entirely up to your party, but more likely than not when you blob farm - you paint yourself as a target and people want to come in and attack you. Maybe they sense weakness when they see more people than necessary fighting high end dungeons? You're certainly less likely to get trapped by "pullers" when you have a smaller group and can all be coordinated. Also I don't get the point of it, everyone gets shit fame. You're much better off getting into smaller groups and learning your group's limits.



    Kovett wrote:

    In addition, there often are more than 10 players farming at World Boss dungeons, the more numbers you have, the higher the chance you are safer. Nor have I mentioned that contesting a World Boss often requires more than 10 players, even though the boss is for 10 players, you need friendlies to guard the 10 or so killing the Boss, and/or need number to fight contesting Zergs.
    I don't know why people think numbers make you safer. In open world ZvZ sure, but in fame farm groups it doesn't matter as much as you think it does. There are so many choke-points and high ground advantages in open world dungeons that can allow you to fight outnumbered. But really - and this is key because some people are just too scared or prideful of dying to understand this - if you get ran up on while your group is on mobs you're most likely just gonna die. It's the reality of the situation and it's by design.Also please waste all that time with 20v20 finga-poppin each otha's assholes over world bosses until both sides give up because that's when me and my crew come in and do them.
    I think you haven't done or don't do fame farm much in these kinds of open world dungeon. Please note that open world dungeons are really different from those closed one (Shiftshadow, Spectral Sump, etc..). Numbers mean nothing at choke point, but there's a minimum required numbers of player for a choke point. In my opinion, it would be about 10 to 12.

    Moreover, when the time of world boss is up, the more number you have, the higher chance ,which you can have, to win the fight (1 group do the boss, the rest will be guards), because every alliance would bring their people to contest. It would be easy for the numbers of players to go up to 100 in each boss time.
    Why do you assume I don't know what I'm talking about, it's okay to be wrong every once in a while. Most of my 100/100 fame farmed has been from these kind of places as it is way more fun and exciting than the hungry mire, darkroot, arkag, stonetop dungeons.

    tarnator wrote:

    Numbers mean nothing at choke point, but there's a minimum required numbers of player for a choke point. In my opinion, it would be about 10 to 12.
    Help me understand this - numbers don't matter on a choke point but your group needs 12 to hold it? One well positioned tank can hold a choke for quite a while.

    tarnator wrote:

    Moreover, when the time of world boss is up, the more number you have, the higher chance ,which you can have, to win the fight (1 group do the boss, the rest will be guards), because every alliance would bring their people to contest. It would be easy for the numbers of players to go up to 100 in each boss time.

    We have been doing those kinds of activities for several months, and we aren't scared for any intruders. So when we bring 10 or 20 or whatever the number, there would be a reason.
    World boss fighting is a war of attrition. I'll give you that, but there's a difference between getting a group of 10 to do the boss with another group protecting and just straight up fame farming.

    You seem to have this zerg mentality where you think you need to outnumber your enemy to win. I'm telling you - you don't. You would be very surprised at what you can accomplish when you form a solid 10 man team and work together. Trying to manage 15-17 people faming in the inside of these dungeons is just not going to work every time - someone's gonna screw up and that one person's mistake will likely cause your group member's deaths, just like the guy in the video ran face first into an archer and then the healer had to heal him which meant the tank had to hold the aggro. Plus I guarantee what happened with those leashed mobs onto you was someone in the back lagging behind and didn't realize mobs were coming back leashed and pulled them while trying to walk towards the rest of the group.

    When I do these bosses, I usually have 7 to 10 people with one scouting. If that scout sees something we leash and prepare to fight or re position. We don't sit around and wait for our enemy to pull any shenanigans.
  • @Eternalhaze

    Hi, there are many things I think we are not the same page here. I am little bit confused about the thing you said "one tank can hold a choke point". Yea, one tank can hold a choke point, but we need a group along with that tank to hold it, right ?
    For example, they have about 20 guys going through the choke point. There must be a required number of players on your party in order to to defeat that group, that number can't be 1, tank with no heal will die anyway.
    So how about 2? 1 tank + 1 healer can stand no chance, you need dps.
    So, what would it be? can it be 5 ? 1 tank+ 1 healer + 3 dps vs. 20 guys. Maybe you can, but it's low chance of winning. You need enough AoE dps to kill them in closed-area and you need enough tanks and healers for that too.
    But 20 is just an example number, what if they have 30 or 40? What's minimum number would you bring to take a chance to win that?
    Maybe I'm incorrect about the exact number, but it would be about 10-12 ? To hold and win against other groups which double or triple your number?

    Secondly, I know 10-men do the boss and another guys scout will be enough. But that's the case when there's no other enemy at all, what if they bring 20 to 40 guys ?
    With 20-30 guys, you have some slight chance to win that fight. But with 40, there's high chance you would have to leave that area( lose the boss) or be wiped( I'm not saying you cannot win, but we should both agree that it's a very low chance of winning in 10 vs 40).
    The main objective here is to get the boss.
    Bring more numbers is not because to outnumber other group, but to have the same numbers and have equal fights. if you bring 10 and don't have enough numbers to fight against other contest groups (not because you're bad), you will lose the boss. You can bring 10 to fight against 40 and hold choke point, it's all fine. The question is: why should you risk that ?
    P.S: we're both talking about world boss. The time when all guilds will send their groups there to contest?

    Let's talk about main topic here (pullers log in with bubble), I think we're a bit off here.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by tarnator ().

  • I get your point that you want to be safe and have one squad on boss and one squad defending, but it never really works out that way because more people are drawn to the location. If people want to waste their time and bring 20-30 people to it just wait until they are relaxed and try to catch them off guard.

    But your best bet, if you don't want to deal with all the bullshit involved, is to just wait it out. Go do something else like farm outside and wait until another group fight happens and people die. When the blobs die down, then go peek in again and see what's up. If that doesn't happen then go do something else entirely like a different world boss, because it's not worth your time dealing with that headache when there's that many people. If one alliance wants to focus so hard on let's say the astolat boss, then go take the camlann boss with yours.

    You could match the numbers and try to fight for it, but you gotta be ready for every cheap tactic in the book.