Albion Online Dev Talk - Future Roadmap

• REALLY?

That's ALL you've thought throughout these last months to add into PVE content? Special mobs?

So what, PVE content will basically change from:
      "enter a dun with other players, run from elite spawn to elite spawn" to "roam the land until you find that special mob and kill if for yourself".

Way to go.
      Pleas:
      Remove reroll.
      Up Item trashing chance
      Limit item repairs by quality

BTW: how's your market holding up?
    • Fishing:
      -minigame is bad idea. Looking at any game that has tedious minigames for fishing, hacking, lockpicking whatever should have made anyone clear that minigames for actions that are repeated very often is bad idea.
      -fishing mainly serving as consumables fodder is bad idea. Fishing should be required and valuable part of economy. Either add a crafting resources exclusive to fishing, for some weapons/armor or make fishing part of cities economy i.e. feeding buildings as well NPC Cities bulk orders where you need to supply food for reward in specific cities. I.e. Fort Sterling requires daily 3000 Fish and pay everyone who supplies it, as well gain "bussiness reputation" with the city allowing you to access specific features.

Best way to make Fishing interesting would be following:

There is a Fishing Guild in each city, to join them you need to pass the test by fishing some specific rare fishes which can be fished in different bioms.
      There is normal "fish" kinds that are used as ingridients and consumabls, and there are "tropy" fishes of variable value and size that can be submited to Fishing guilds.
      Once member of a guild, you rank up in reputation within guild as well participate in automatic daily competition of who caught the biggest fish in this city in a day (size and rarity of fish is randomly variable.
      Rare fishes of specific kinds can be also used to - summon world bosses, feed specific mounts cubs, fill decorative aquariums at your isle, breed fishes at your isle, Fame Fish - a valuable fish allocating fame to random discipline.
      Aside from fishes, can also fish treasure maps where you recive a bigger reward from specific random treasure chest in black zone after hour after you activate the map.
      Messages in a bottles- just fun things. You can also rewrite the note and trow the bottle back at sea again for other player to fish it out.

The three main type of fishing for players to do would be:
      1. Bulk fishing. Fishing massive amounts of normal fish to sell to Cities or feed buildings and small part of other type of fish going for consumables.
      2. Competitive fishing. Daily/Weekly/Monthly fishing ranking by accumulating fishing fame by finding rare and big fishing and winning specific cities fishing competitions.
      3. Treasure Hunting fishing - trying to find locations and times for fishing to fish treasures, treasure maps, Fame Fishes, crafting component fishes.

Ideally would have ships and sea fishing, but given Albion pace of developent hopeful to see it somewhere in 2020.
    • >Costumes
      Rofl, that idea already doomed.
      All people just turn it off instantly, couse you should see what your opponent wearing. And in that case, why should i wear costume that nobody can see? Especially if they will drop.
      And if there will be no turn off button, then this will be pure chaos on gvg, hgs and zvz.
      Some auras, maybe skins for certain armors and weapons or colour changes could work.
      But costumes...waste of time, there is no way it could work in albion.

>Roaming mobs as solo content.
      Literally huge fu to tanks mains and healers.
      Time rolls on. Wipe these eyes. Yesterday laughs. Tomorrow cries.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Seraphimos ()

• Hmmm. I think all these improvements wont favor people to keep playing the game. Kay has a changed the game a lot making the zerging necessary and it is totally awesome.
      But there are 2 things that i think that should be changed so people enjoy the game.
      We need more fame ( like 50% more) on yellow hellgates. Its the best place to learn pvp and no one goes there anymore. Blackzone hellgates are a too big step for anyone willing to start pvping or forming a new team.
      We need story mode expeditions, like a 6 hour cooperative adventure, that the quests are not kill 10 monster. Or make it sandboxy that players can make their own stories, i dont knoe.
      Thats my point of view.
    • Seraphimos schrieb:

>Costumes
      Rofl, that idea already doomed.
      All people just turn it off instantly, couse you should see what your opponent wearing. And in that case, why should i wear costume that nobody can see? Especially if they will drop.
      And if there will be no turn off button, then this will be pure chaos on gvg, hgs and zvz.
      Some auras, maybe skins for certain armors and weapons or colour changes could work.
      But costumes...waste of time, there is no way it could work in albion.

Logically it should not work.
      However when you look at Caerleon and everyone boasting off with their vanity mount and wearing fancy shinny stuff... Some peeps have 5m worth of mounts in their vault that they take out just to brag and then shed them before using a horse to go in BZ.
    • This is the first update of interest for me. Questions:
      • Will fishing require a tool?
      • If yes, what materials will it (the rod) require? Wood and Cloth?
      • And will it be produced like any other tool with destiny board progression?
      • Will it also come with item power?
      • Will we be able to craft uncommon and rare rods?
      • Will it get a gatherer gear set?
    • Fishing: excellent to see this in game. I like that its not super complex and I hope the mini game aspect does not make it non-viable in pvp zones. Please keep that in mind during development. OTHERWISE AWESOME.

Costumes: i think this is a great idea. I see ppl loving this as folks are really vain and with not leaving town being a thing it should work.

PVE:
      Are we ever getting back to awesome dungeon running again? This is the biggest thing that made beta 1 and 2 awesome. Without this........its no where near as great as it was when it was pre release. Realky this MADE the game. Bring back dungeons really.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Raithe ()