Please provide clarification on what 'time-limited' means when you do such events now and in the future.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Please provide clarification on what 'time-limited' means when you do such events now and in the future.

      Hello. As a collector and trader I have observed the recent announcements with some distress and anxiety.

      Especially with regards to the announcement of what 'time-limited rewards" really means.

      Because depending on if they are 'seasonal', meaning there will come another time when they can be acquired, i.e. next year same time - they have a very very different value compared to if they are unique and only available during X timeframe, for ever and ever again.

      I am sure you and your monetization department are aware of this difference and thus potentially are vague intentionally on any statements in this regard.

      But I beg you, please be very specific on your intentions.

      I know it is the better business strategy to not say anything and keep your customers guessing = forcing them into assuming the worse case. But this is ethically questionable.

      To be straight forward: I am one of those completionist players who wants 'one of each item' at some point and if I realize I can never ever get an item it is a major turn-off in terms of motivation - because "oh i can never ever get everything, why even bother".

      Anyhow, not just for me as a collector, but also for speculative purposes it is only fair to be exceptionally clear on what you intend to do with an item as it literrally might affect wether or not i will fork out 100$ to buy gold to afford a collectors item.

      Recent examples include:

      - the just completed referral season: Ghostwolfs, Rams, Banner
      - the current referral season: Stag, Pig, Banner
      - the foal and ghostwolf pups that only dropped during the first week of release
      - the newly announced 'breath of winter' event(s)

      .. soon those things will either blow up massively in price or cap out depending on your descision - don't force jack doe into speculation like this unless it is your intended business model.

      @Bercilak

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Bogul ().

    • Hey @Bogul

      Firstly thank you for such a clear post, hopefully we can shed some light here where others may also be looking for it.

      Although we do want to maintain a certain amount of intrigue for special items we introduce to the game, it's not our intention to cause you any distress and I can see areas where we can be much clearer. Therefore I would like to address the points you raised and provide more clarity.
      • None of the referral rewards are planned to be available ever again
      • The Yule Ram (one of the rewards for the Breath of Winter tokens) is not planned to be reintroduced in the future
      • The Yule Stag will be available every winter season, but it is one of the more difficult mounts to obtain
      • The rest of the Breath of Winter items available in the vanity store will be reintroduced again next year
      • Please see this thread for more information on the Foal and Ghostwolf pups, if this does not answer your questions let me know
      We will do what we can to make this much more apparent in future not just here on the forum but also in-game. Apologies for the late response, I have been out of the office for Christmas but I hope this helps. Happy New Year! :)

      - Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Evoque wrote:

      Hey @Bogul

      Firstly thank you for such a clear post, hopefully we can shed some light here where others may also be looking for it.

      Although we do want to maintain a certain amount of intrigue for special items we introduce to the game, it's not our intention to cause you any distress and I can see areas where we can be much clearer. Therefore I would like to address the points you raised and provide more clarity.
      • None of the referral rewards are planned to be available ever again
      • The Yule Ram (one of the rewards for the Breath of Winter tokens) is not planned to be reintroduced in the future
      • The Yule Stag will be available every winter season, but it is one of the more difficult mounts to obtain
      • The rest of the Breath of Winter items available in the vanity store will be reintroduced again next year
      • Please see this thread for more information on the Foal and Ghostwolf pups, if this does not answer your questions let me know
      We will do what we can to make this much more apparent in future not just here on the forum but also in-game. Apologies for the late response, I have been out of the office for Christmas but I hope this helps. Happy New Year! :)

      - Evoque

      thank you very much

      and in regards to the thread you linked: it says "there is no plans to remove the pups" ; does that also mean they will never drop again? or will there be a time when those two things (pup / fawn) just drop, but may potentially grow up into a different mount than the 'referral' ones?

      edit: halloween items are seasonal as well i assume?

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().

    • Bogul wrote:

      Evoque wrote:

      Hey @Bogul

      Firstly thank you for such a clear post, hopefully we can shed some light here where others may also be looking for it.

      Although we do want to maintain a certain amount of intrigue for special items we introduce to the game, it's not our intention to cause you any distress and I can see areas where we can be much clearer. Therefore I would like to address the points you raised and provide more clarity.
      • None of the referral rewards are planned to be available ever again
      • The Yule Ram (one of the rewards for the Breath of Winter tokens) is not planned to be reintroduced in the future
      • The Yule Stag will be available every winter season, but it is one of the more difficult mounts to obtain
      • The rest of the Breath of Winter items available in the vanity store will be reintroduced again next year
      • Please see this thread for more information on the Foal and Ghostwolf pups, if this does not answer your questions let me know
      We will do what we can to make this much more apparent in future not just here on the forum but also in-game. Apologies for the late response, I have been out of the office for Christmas but I hope this helps. Happy New Year! :)

      - Evoque
      thank you very much

      and in regards to the thread you linked: it says "there is no plans to remove the pups" ; does that also mean they will never drop again? or will there be a time when those two things (pup / fawn) just drop, but may potentially grow up into a different mount than the 'referral' ones?

      edit: halloween items are seasonal as well i assume?
      Hey guys,

      Those specific items will not drop, grow into something else or be available again.

      mezmetize wrote:

      Bercilak said most 2017 halloween items would not be available 2018 @Evoque wouldnt that be same for breath of winter or?

      Bercilak wrote:

      We right now do not know exactly what we will do next Halloween. However our plan is that most of the rewards will NOT come back next Halloween to make them even more valuable.

      Kr,
      Stefan
      Perhaps this is what you are referring to? As this was the first time we introduced such seasonal items we were still deciding which direction we would like to go in. This is now much clearer for everyone as we move on to Breath of Winter and future events.

      - Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • About Halloween

      Which items will come back? Pumpkin head will come back is obvious. And it is obvious that the horse and the donkey will not return. But what about the rest of the items?

      This is very important for traders and collectors. If you bought a thousand items for hundreds of millions or billions, and these items lose their exclusivity, then such a person will go broke and quit the game.
    • mezmetize wrote:

      @Clu i think evoque said all halloween items will come back
      How do you read?

      Evoque wrote:

      Bercilak wrote:

      We right now do not know exactly what we will do next Halloween. However our plan is that most of the rewards will NOT come back next Halloween to make them even more valuable.

      Kr,
      Stefan
      Perhaps this is what you are referring to? As this was the first time we introduced such seasonal items we were still deciding which direction we would like to go in. This is now much clearer for everyone as we move on to Breath of Winter and future events.
      - Evoque
      Only some of the items will return to the game. I think it's a pumpkin head.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Clu ().

    • mezmetize wrote:

      @Clu i asked him right there he said yes scroll up a bit and read thats me asking him xd
      What was the main part of your speech? And to which parts he replied "They"? How you think thats was "halloween items" or "breath of winter items"? Or both?

      When you say "but the...", you shift the main part of the speech to this "but". So "They" associated with "breath of winter items". Or maybe we have different understandings of the speech structure?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Clu ().

    • players have and will continue to speculate on which Halloween items will return Clu, I highly doubt you will get any official confirmation from SBI on that...

      back to the original topic, I would say that more clarification on developer intentions is always welcome xD
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434