How to nerf staff of balance suggestion

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• How to nerf staff of balance suggestion

Start of discussion Total unbalance of the new weapons - Normal weapons VS party w/ full relics weapons (GvG video)
      Suggestion : make E a channeling spell, so other spells will not be able to be used during "stonemode". Still leave it un-interruptable and un-purgable as it is.
      And fix a bug with sacrifice healing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von gmatagmis ()

• Problem is the whole quarterstaff line was nerfed really, there unusable as it is and nowhere near meta, if your knee jerk nerf goes through then once again it will be unusable there are counters to this he cant receive healing, but yeh i think they need to examine more closely the current top 5 meta most used weapons.
    • Hey, we are currently working on an adjustment to tone the staff of balance down. This change is intended to go on the live server with the next patch. Wich will hit live probably early to mid January. Also containing a fix for the bug with sacrifice, not counting as a heal.

For Mystic Rocks, I will probably reduce the armor the spell grants the caster. This way. the enemies get a better opportunity to punish a too greedy dive, while keeping the core gameplay of the staff wielder intact.

Cheers, Retro
    • IMHO reducing the resistance granted wont be really efficient, there is too many options to replace it (potion / smokebomb / qspell/ enphible ...).
      The nerf should be about the possibilities around this spell granted by the mobility of a quaterstaff and the synergy it has with too many items, making it channeled (as the flail) could be a good deal.
      Or if you reduce the resistances, make it also uncancellable so using it is punitive if not done well
    • Retroman schrieb:

This time we will probably do another combat balance patch shortly after Kay hits the live server. So we can react to spells / weapons, which are too strong or still too weak. Just to make sure we don't end up with another Grudge situation.

Cheers,
      Retro
      You are doing exactly the same thing AGAIN. Why?

It's silly how out of touch and broken this weapon is. Lasts 20(!!) seconds on 25ish cooldown (yes, I know it's after effect ends, still too short), unpurgeable (why?), no mana cost (why?). It's basically a walking demonic that lasts an era, slows like sticky, resists like a resist potion on a huge aoe. You "can't" be healed but you can with healing potion and graveguard for some reason. It's toggleable (???). All those dynamics make absolutely zero sense.

On a side note, I don't see why nerfing resistances specifically would be the solution. You'll end up nerfing it for zvzs too without the need to. That spell should have a higher cooldown, BE PURGEABLE, cost mana (possibly more each second), last less time etc.
      Youtube channel (GvGs, OW-PvP etc): youtube.com/c/Nietz

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nietz ()

• Retroman schrieb:

Hey, we are currently working on an adjustment to tone the staff of balance down. This change is intended to go on the live server with the next patch. Wich will hit live probably early to mid January. Also containing a fix for the bug with sacrifice, not counting as a heal.

For Mystic Rocks, I will probably reduce the armor the spell grants the caster. This way. the enemies get a better opportunity to punish a too greedy dive, while keeping the core gameplay of the staff wielder intact.

Cheers, Retro
      should be just enough time for Exertion to roll through the rest of Mercia with it.
    • Soren_Kierkegaard schrieb:

@Nietz We just said that the CD starts at the end of the spell. Which means that on the standard basis the CDMA should start at the launching of the spell and last 45 sec. That being said : the spell should at least cost mana like the other spells and be purgeable indeed.
      I love the idea of increasing its mana cost. Maybe make it take an abnormally large amount and refund most of the cost over the duration. This means that players would have a reason to run all the neut gear that exists currently.

I don't really want to see it made purgeable and instead would prefer it be tweaked to not reapply slow/healing debuff once it has been purged off. That would make purge good counter-play again, but would make combat deeper by making players choose where to use their purge.
    • Retroman schrieb:

Hey, we are currently working on an adjustment to tone the staff of balance down. This change is intended to go on the live server with the next patch. Wich will hit live probably early to mid January. Also containing a fix for the bug with sacrifice, not counting as a heal.

Cheers, Retro
      the armor is the only way to survive when not receiving any healing
      Bit is the healing reduction of 50% really necessary? That the only think that makes the staff dangerous in gvg so you have to try to kill him ... without healing reduction its easier to ignore the tank without big punishment
    • Nietz schrieb:

Retroman schrieb:

This time we will probably do another combat balance patch shortly after Kay hits the live server. So we can react to spells / weapons, which are too strong or still too weak. Just to make sure we don't end up with another Grudge situation.

Cheers,
      Retro
      You are doing exactly the same thing AGAIN. Why?
      It's silly how out of touch and broken this weapon is. Lasts 20(!!) seconds on 25ish cooldown, unpurgeable (why?), no mana cost (why?). It's basically a walking demonic that lasts an era, slows like sticky, resists like a resist potion on a huge aoe. You "can't" be healed but you can with healing potion and graveguard for some reason. It's toggleable (???). All those dynamics make absolutely zero sense.

On a side note, I don't see why nerfing resistances specifically would be the solution. You'll end up nerfing it for zvzs too without the need to. That spell should have a higher cooldown, BE PURGEABLE, cost mana (possibly more each second), last less time etc.
      They intentionally trolling their player base by dubbing this weapon the 'Staff of Balance' xD

But for real, even energy per second seems to be common sense. Really not sure why the weapon was brought out the way it is.

There isn't even a solid true dmg method to nuke through the resistances in time, and the bugged heals is another issue altogether, how did no one consider this during planning?
    • Retroman schrieb:

Cheers, Retro

You designed a weapon that is essentially a walking demonic ultimate with slows included on a 30s cd/25 with omelette that lasts for 20 seconds.

And you thought it was a good idea.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: