Bows!!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• i just play bow for the past 2 month and put all my point on longbow, standard bow and artifact bow. i have more than 17m of fame and i cant participate at any hellgate or GvG because nobody want a bow player in their GvG Team. i get borded because i can't get into GvG or hellgate fight for my guild and its really shitty.

Example :

Me : Hey i am a dps, Do you need a dps with high spec? i am available everyday between 15 utc and 02 utc. FR and EN.
      Other BLAMES : YES SURE! what class are you playing?
      Me : whispering bow and standard bow
      Other BLAMES : no thanks bow is fucking bad now

I don't know guys, try to buff one of those bow for the GvG .... or Q and W for all bows, more base attack speed or more base damage.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• btw i think that bows should be buff. i try again during 4-5h yesterday to find a group for HG with the BLAMES and HG discord channels and i had had a lot of reply like : if you were xbow ... yes.
      I am very disappointing because it's not like LOL. you can't just take an another character ... i have increased my bow and i have now 19M fame in that weapon, i cant just take another weapon now. i may have to stop playing until the balance is better.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• whispering bow and hunter jacket is the ONLY way to do a little something now.

to increase other bow for GvG or HG they should:
      - increase the Deadly shot Q damage to increase the efficiency of the longbow and wailing bow for people wearing cloth using cast speed reduction or increase damage passive.
      - increase Poison Q and add debuff on poison for attak speed build

DMG should be increase and range decrease to increase effectiveness for GvG or HG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von nicolas2162 ()

• there is no buff at all or modification.

I haven't found a team for HG and GvG. I will not re spec and i start loosing interest for the game because i can't see any effort for balancing the game.

Seriously, a guy with 5 spec with a fire spec can do more burst on a single target or aoe damage than me with 37mil fame PVE with bow. it's not normal.
    • Bow's are brain-dead weapons without any skill shot and very low skill cap for learning. You simply self buff and auto attack. That's exactly why it gets out performed by weapons with similar cooldowns, as they can be dodged. Bow's damage is consistent and cannot be dodged via simply moving.

It's the trade off for being able to play that way. less overall damage, but anyone can do it and you won't miss your damage. (whispering, standard bow).

Now for competitive play, point and click abilities will never have the same dps as a skill shot ability which could miss and become entirely useless for the duration of its CD. That's how bow is balanced for other weapons.

In saying that, they *may* receive indirect buffs, in the way of min maxing with blessings, new foods, and potions, also new artifact armors if/when they get implemented. You never know.

I'd say overall they are fine, for what they provide. Which is brain dead fame farm with little to no skill required for mediocre dps. Just watch Netflix and progress ;p
    • Svander schrieb:

Bow's are brain-dead weapons without any skill shot and very low skill cap for learning. You simply self buff and auto attack. That's exactly why it gets out performed by weapons with similar cooldowns, as they can be dodged. Bow's damage is consistent and cannot be dodged via simply moving.

Now for competitive play, point and click abilities will never have the same dps as a skill shot ability.

Then, i need to know something.
      WHY THE F* DOES FIRE STAFF DEALS 2X BOWS DAMAGE WITH NO SKILLSHOT? Just self buff and Q, exactly like how you describe bow. What you said works in most game, bur not Albion tbh..
    • letwolf schrieb:

cuz fire staff used with cloth robes, and bows (usually) with leather.
      Change them vice versa and compare again.
      Eh, a simple check on the skills proves your statement to be false.

Fire staff Q does 273 per hit + 17 burn = 290-358DPS depending on stacks

Bow AA does 74DPS. Arguably the bow can also AA and Spam Q as well, so let's take that into account. Poisoned arrow adds 14 + 28 dot = 42-98DPS depending on stacks. Total bow dps = 126-182, less than half of fire spam.

Next we can look at the modifiable abilities.

Attack speed passive =35% vs Aggressive Caster passive = 40%

Swiftness passive = 12% vs Concentration passive = 11% (Looking at just chest piece)

Haste = 60% (10 second shorter CD) vs Speed Caster = 50% (also reduces mana cost). The Fire also has the option of wearing druid robes, whereas the bow will have a harder time getting stacks.

No Food bonus vs Omlette =15%

So in the end fire not only has the higher base damage from the weapon, they can also boost their DPS by higher percentage with the available passives.

Now, fire will run into mana issues if continuing spam, whereas bow will run out of mana ~50% slower. Fire can easily off-set this disadvantage however with a Druid, scholar or royal cowl and energy pots.

All of these numbers are before chosen armor is even taken into account.

On a side note, since we're talking about skill shot vs targeted shots:

Warbow deals 964 dmg/15s, or 712 if the target is too close.
      Pyroblast consistently deals 902 dmg/15s, with downside of additional 2s cast time

Warbow in this situation also consumes 66 mana vs 41 from pyroblast and is additionally less bursty.
    • Valuable mistake notice: Warbow's E have cd only 10 sec, not 15.
      With the omelette and cd reduction passives it can be brought near 7 sec cd.
      Hunters jacket not only increase speed but damage too, by 10%
      If you count total dps then include spammin of Q, W, and autoattacks, and they are instant cast, whether fire is cast-time.
      So bow have much more mobility (speedshot also there).
      So fire must be higher dps, as a counter to no mobility. If it were equal - who ever would play fire when bow offer more?
    • letwolf schrieb:

Valuable mistake notice: Warbow's E have cd only 10 sec, not 15.
      With the omelette and cd reduction passives it can be brought near 7 sec cd.
      Hunters jacket not only increase speed but damage too, by 10%
      If you count total dps then include spammin of Q, W, and autoattacks, and they are instant cast, whether fire is cast-time.
      So bow have much more mobility (speedshot also there).
      So fire must be higher dps, as a counter to no mobility. If it were equal - who ever would play fire when bow offer more?
      That's why I multiplied the warbow dmg by 1.5, to get the the damage over 15 seconds to compare it to the pyroblast, and also made the comment that it was less bursty.

Pyroblast would benefit more from an omelette

Hunter jacket already has a base damage 15% lower than scholar robe though, so didn't bother to comment on it, as it barely equalizes it.

Fire W's are also instant cast, and they add to the aggressive caster bonus which makes it even better.

Less mobile, yes. Your comment was in regards to the DPS so that's what I addressed.

I didn't really make any comments in regards to what bows vs fire should be used for. Bow is probably better for OW due to the added mobility and I have no arguments atm to suggest it be changed.