If Daggers are for single target then...

• drygulcher schrieb:

What would be actually pretty cool would be a 15% damage buff per stack and 10% damage taken that can be stacked all the way up until the weapons tier. Bring back the one shots AND make it super sketchy to use.
      would work well with all daggers, and although would make fights incredibly short the trade off for having no Q would make it still balanced As they would make a very easy target with any focus fire if they even approach one shot stacks.
      The devs don't want to have one shots in the game, even though it could be fun to land them.
    • Nausk schrieb:

drygulcher schrieb:

What would be actually pretty cool would be a 15% damage buff per stack and 10% damage taken that can be stacked all the way up until the weapons tier. Bring back the one shots AND make it super sketchy to use.
      would work well with all daggers, and although would make fights incredibly short the trade off for having no Q would make it still balanced As they would make a very easy target with any focus fire if they even approach one shot stacks.
      The devs don't want to have one shots in the game, even though it could be fun to land them.
      Oh you mean like sniper shot which is ranged at least with daggers you would have to be in the thick of it with squishy gear to apply dmg.
    • Guskey schrieb:

Daggers are straight up fine.
      1hd dagger took a nerf with assassins spirit change but people like samlust making it work,
      Dual Daggers is Rediculously strong 1v1 burst right now (level to 70 get shadow edge and you can 3 stack spirit / stun / e kite - you wont lose a 1v1),
      Claws is one of the best mount dismounters in the game,
      Bloodletter is GvG viable / HG Viable / Gank Viable / 1v1 Viable / ZvZ Viable (highest resilience pen in the game) you use dash / lunging stab / royal boots, execute in, dash / roll out,
      Black Hands - we wont talk about black hands.
      Deathgivers are very underrated and people are unsure as to where they fit in the meta right now, but still not the worst weapon in the game.

People who say daggers are bad dont know how to play daggers

Samlust is making them work still? Or is his making frost walk and smokebomb work while he just happens to be holding a dagger...

In reality, the only reason to play single dagger over forge hammers was the respectable damage difference. Now however, the damage might actually be in favor of forge hammers making one handed dagger simply a worse version of them as they no longer do that and have far less utility. (like 300 health, slows, and longer duration damage bonus, AND 200 armor)

Same thing for Halberd and soul scythe.
    • Trogdor schrieb:

Im just saying the entire class is dedicated to 1v1, it should be op at 1v1. I'm obviously bias as I grinded Daggers.
      no. the entire class is dedicated to catch and assassination, not 1v1.

Can assassin beat warriors in a fair fight? most of the time no.

simple example, comparing to axes, daggers will have low cd-gap-closers and high burst damage that axes dont, as an exchange, axe has stronger continuous damage than daggers. so in an open world fight, daggers users may easily execute/assassinate axe users who is low on health from either fighting mobs or damaged by other players. meanwhile daggers users almost no chance against an axe user on a face to face fair challenge fight.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

Trogdor schrieb:

Im just saying the entire class is dedicated to 1v1, it should be op at 1v1. I'm obviously bias as I grinded Daggers.
      no. the entire class is dedicated to catch and assassination, not 1v1.
      Can assassin beat warriors in a fair fight? most of the time no.

simple example, comparing to axes, daggers will have low cd-gap-closers and high burst damage that axes dont, as an exchange, axe has stronger continuous damage than daggers. so in an open world fight, daggers users may easily execute/assassinate axe users who is low on health from either fighting mobs or damaged by other players. meanwhile daggers users almost no chance against an axe user on a face to face fair challenge fight.

Except that's not how the class currently plays outside of bloodletter.

The other daggers lack to measure up in mobility. in fact, they're much easier to kite than spears or staves.

Honestly I was perfectly fine when my little swashbucklers was kited around because when someone failed to react quickly I could actually win and it was hella flashy.
    • drygulcher schrieb:

The other daggers lack to measure up in mobility. in fact, they're much easier to kite than spears or staves.

Honestly I was perfectly fine when my little swashbucklers was kited around because when someone failed to react quickly I could actually win and it was hella flashy.
      Honestly every weapon has its own downside, you can't really expect them to be perfect. A 10 sec 11m gapcloser on W with no cost is already really good against kiting, there are weapons that don't have gap closers at all.

And again, for weapons in the same line, they may have different uses, such that one hand dagger is really strong in pve, claw strong on gank catches, duel dagger with stacked assassin spirit gives one of the highest burst in game. Bloodletter is just the one with the most mobility, everything has their own strength.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

drygulcher schrieb:

Honestly every weapon has its own downside, you can't really expect them to be perfect. A 10 sec 11m gapcloser on W with no cost is already really good against kiting, there are weapons that don't have gap closers at all.
      And again, for weapons in the same line, they may have different uses, such that one hand dagger is really strong in pve, claw strong on gank catches, duel dagger with stacked assassin spirit gives one of the highest burst in game. Bloodletter is just the one with the most mobility, everything has their own strength.
      I guess there's no point in trying. Guess I'll bandwagon the one handed fire staff and continue to be viable in a week of farming.

It's not like people didn't think lowly enough of 1handed dagger BEFORE the nerf as this was made quite a while ago...
      Bilder
      • single dagger.jpg

156,04 kB, 950×769, 39 mal angesehen