Seasons adjustments for Kay Patch #1

• Monochrome schrieb:

TomyG schrieb:

But it won't allow most PST guilds to participate, 4 UTC was a lot of fun for people but it will shut them out if the latest is 1 UTC. I get that server nodes get hit harder AND bigger alliances can take control of more territories with 5 timers, but I don't think shutting out the later TZ is healthy.
      The assumption made when picking the times was that Saturday afternoons are a reasonable time to schedule things. We deliberately pushed times earlier rather than later so that the spread is Saturday afternoon to Saturday late evening (across the affected TZs), rather than Saturday evening to early Sunday morning. If this ends up not working for a large number of players, we'll revisit :)
      It really sucks for people on the west coast. Like he said before, we are already time locked out of so much content, it was really good for us to FINALLY be able to participate when there was shit to do at 4:00 utc that actually was meaningful. Please change the time to a later one.
    • PLZ define small group I went with a party of 4 and the mage ice blocked like 6 times, It does no dmg so it is still easy to kill. But idk if your intention was to kill raiding all together just because some GVGers did not want to def their territories. I think this mage change made them way to hard to kill and no one is doing it witch makes the game feel empty again.

1. The mages before the new hotfix were raided in an incredible constant, meaning the activity in the open world was crazy at every corner of Albion.
      2. Right now in each corner of Albion the mages are the four alive, including it is impressive that they are the majority of the territories of the Royal Continent and of The Outlands all the mages alive at all hours.
      3. The activity currently in the open world is already seen to be much smaller than it was before this change. Clearly I speak of the change in the mages, it is totally unnecessary.
      Conclusion: :thumbdown:
      Farmer.
    • Juliecat schrieb:

Monochrome schrieb:

TomyG schrieb:

But it won't allow most PST guilds to participate, 4 UTC was a lot of fun for people but it will shut them out if the latest is 1 UTC. I get that server nodes get hit harder AND bigger alliances can take control of more territories with 5 timers, but I don't think shutting out the later TZ is healthy.
      The assumption made when picking the times was that Saturday afternoons are a reasonable time to schedule things. We deliberately pushed times earlier rather than later so that the spread is Saturday afternoon to Saturday late evening (across the affected TZs), rather than Saturday evening to early Sunday morning. If this ends up not working for a large number of players, we'll revisit :)
      It really sucks for people on the west coast. Like he said before, we are already time locked out of so much content, it was really good for us to FINALLY be able to participate when there was shit to do at 4:00 utc that actually was meaningful. Please change the time to a later one.
      I think 1 UTC is reasonable considering it's taking place on a Saturday. It's late evening for EU players, prime time for east coast NA and a little early for west coast NA.
      Use my referral key for starter packs:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

or PM me on official AO Discord ( [url]https://discord.gg/dcH32z[/url]) at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 for a free trial key
    • The entire meta for map control needs thought out much more. Zerg meta acts to lock smaller numbers out which is the least interesting application for Zerg warfare. Zerg battles should be created by the meta of territory control, the current application is pointless for smaller groups. Spread the times out too much and the big alliances and guilds with the largest zergs get too much, don't spread the times out and you are not inclusive. There are more predicates to distribute the starting line of a season than simply start time. You can set a max number of times a season a guild or alliance can claim a territory, you can set time zones in many areas for attack windows or mage respawn times, you can set max party size in war camps and territories, and max time to siphon mages. The game used to have a codependence on having a supply chain with logistics tied to territories, think of a way to add this back into seasons, don't just predicate participation on Zerg lockouts, it's super meaningless, uninteresting and boring. If you want large scale wars, innovate on the strategies of map play in new and interesting ways. Happy New Year!