Shocker: The Servers Are Still Shit

• Listen up i have been ZvZing all day and i will continue for the next 8 hours and i have crashed 0 times and had 10-20 fps in fights with 200-400 players as b4 i would crash when the first spell goes off so YES they are imprvoing but comeone u must understand have 500 players in a zone is overkill and ofcourse it will cause lag and it will only happen during terri resets anyway and not in normal 50v50/40v40 so calm the tits a bit its to be expected.
  • wolfo70 wrote:

Listen up i have been ZvZing all day and i will continue for the next 8 hours and i have crashed 0 times and had 10-20 fps in fights with 200-400 players as b4 i would crash when the first spell goes off so YES they are imprvoing but comeone u must understand have 500 players in a zone is overkill and ofcourse it will cause lag and it will only happen during terri resets anyway and not in normal 50v50/40v40 so calm the tits a bit its to be expected.
    you are the vassal of the establishment !

Ho wait ... nvm I agree with ya'
  • I know that hardly any mmos can handle 300+ people battles, specially if you consider albion is a niche indie mmo. On top of that they did improve client-side performance, which is pretty impressive considering most mmos don't touch that after launch. Still, if the game can't handle it (and most can't, true), then don't force it. It is incredibly stupid to create a system that FORCES 300+ people battles every month. You have to question whoever came with that decision. How many players were alienated yesterday and how many will be up to doing it again in a month? Now imagine 6 months down this path, what do you think will happen?

Game design was the main issue here, and it's really weird how they contradict themselves at every patch. They don't want big zergs with castles, then they want it with weekly castles, then they don't want anymore with daily castles, then they want it again with invasions. There is zero cohesion whatsoever. Just make systems around 20~40~60 men battles, which are still very engaging (in terms of guild and alliance combat) ant not a slideshow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nietz ().

• Nietz wrote:

Game design was the main issue here
    Exactly! Which is why I mentioned it is either inefficiency OR it is just game design goals that cannot be met. For example: My dream game always was EVE with Elite Dangerous's ship handling. I know this is not feasible with today's technology, so I do not expect any of the two teams going for it.

EVE is doing time dilation for big battles. Maybe zergy battles cannot be handled by Albion, maybe not by today's technology. It is the responsibility of S.I to know the limitations of THEIR GAME'S TECH, and plan accordingly.

Then it is OUR responsibility to accept these limitations, if the mechanics handle them gracefully and not have unreasonable demands. But it is not unreasonable to ask for better overall performance - solo instance stuttering shows there might be deeper problems.

EDIT: Minor rephrases here and there.

The post was edited 3 times, last by tzervo ().