New Dagger Artifact Weapon...needs to change !

• New Dagger Artifact Weapon...needs to change !

Neu

The Kay update its about GvG and large scale battles but you give daggers another single target weapon....
      Deathgivers is not viable in any mid-large scale battle forcing dagger users to use Bloodletter.
      Bloodletter is still the go to weapon for dager users during group fights and this needs to change.
      Also making Deathgivers abilitie another dash is just lazy, please can you think of another mechanic for dagger users that is more creative then just dashes.

Dagger users do not need another strong single target weapon when we have the blackhand and dual wielding daggers.
    • Neu

Jinxp schrieb:

Dagger users do not need another strong single target weapon when we have the blackhand and dual wielding daggers.
      But high single-target melee damage is the defining characteristic of the dagger line (and mobility/CC as the secondary characteristic). If you're looking for something different, I'd suggest looking into another weapon line.

• Neu

Elsa schrieb:

Jinxp schrieb:

But high single-target melee damage is the defining characteristic of the dagger line (and mobility/CC as the secondary characteristic). If you're looking for something different, I'd suggest looking into another weapon line.
      Really ? where did you read that ? it's been explained nowhere . When i pmed @Retroman for a text who give some explaination about weapons is made for what to make sure people don't mislead themselves and be in constant disapointment i had no answer at all . (and it's not hard to do, it's not a code or a bug to fix, just good explaination about a relatively complex game)

In addition where is the CC passive we are supposed to have like Staff or Spears ? we have the closer range and the less CC, i'm still searching the logic about that, even bow have one.

i can also add the fact that sword can bring more dmg than dagger and for most of the weapon it's in AOE.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von TheBadOne ()

• Neu

skillazor schrieb:

if thats true DoT (damge over time) should never happened in this lane ...
      I came up with that description on the spot as I was writing the post, so feel free to add to it and change it.

Though the DoT in the dagger line is still high single-target damage that's applied by a melee attack. I never said it's all just burst damage, so I don't see an issue with my description of the dagger line due to DoTs.

• Neu

calm down a bit
      DAGGER is a small piece of metal.
      And you waiting CC similar to a sledgehammer from it?
      Or AoE similar to big fire/frost cannons?!

wtf if they implement your wishes it will be SOOOO absurd!!!

In EVERY game that have daggers, dagger stands for:
      -stealth, mobility, backstab and fast running.

NOT for AoE or CC!

Dont mess things even more!
    • Neu

Elsa schrieb:

TheBadOne schrieb:

Really ? where did you read that ? it's been explained nowhere.
      Just take a few minutes and read through weapon skill descriptions. You'll quickly see what the defining characteristics of a specific weapon line are.
      The issue is developers overvalue single target damage - it's really not that useful in Albion. Having a weapon focused on that makes the weapon not that useful.

Best soloing comes from AoEing mobs down.
      Best group fame comes from AoEing mobs down.
      Best GvG weapons are ones with strong AoE... because there's no value in hitting 1 person for 1000 damage when you can hit 3 people for 700.
      And single target is completely worthless in ZvZ.

I've stopped playing Albion pretty much specifically because the weapon I enjoy playing the most (Bloodletter) s only useful in solo open world content and is laughed at for anything else. And nothing else in the dagger weapon group is worth using over Bloodletter. Horrible balance kills games, and the Devs are too slow to react to stagnant, dry metas that take Albion's large amount of weapons and reduces them to about 10 that are worth using.
    • Neu

not so long ago someone made an overview over the most weapon used. i think they extracted all weapons of all kills (killer and killed) within a time frame.
      to ours surprise, daggers where the most used weapon by a wide margin.
      since that day i kinda stopped listening to ppl ranting about how bad daggers are. they can't be to bad if they are so popular.
    • Neu

Shadari schrieb:

not so long ago someone made an overview over the most weapon used. i think they extracted all weapons of all kills (killer and killed) within a time frame.
      since that day i kinda stopped listening to ppl ranting about how bad daggers are. they can't be to bad if they are so popular.
      Every gatherer uses Bloodletters and some of the highest PvE fame farm comes from black zone skinning. That bloats the statistic a lot.

When I "rant" about daggers, it's less about daggers and more about weapon balance in general. Albion has 65+ weapons, yet only 8 or so are actually regularly used in Competative PvP. Then there's about 8 or so good RvR/ZvZ choices with some overlap. That's about 2/3rds the weapons in the game that don't see any use in ZvZ or GvG... afaik, Daggers are the only entire weapon group that is snubbed in both forms of play.

Just because Daggers are overepresented in solo open world play in strictly PvE gathering doesn't mean it's balanced or even good.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• Neu

RockLobster schrieb:

Shadari schrieb:

Every gatherer uses Bloodletters and some of the highest PvE fame farm comes from black zone skinning. That bloats the statistic a lot.
      When I "rant" about daggers, it's less about daggers and more about weapon balance in general. Albion has 65+ weapons, yet only 8 or so are actually regularly used in Competative PvP. Then there's about 8 or so good RvR/ZvZ choices with some overlap. That's about 2/3rds the weapons in the game that don't see any use in ZvZ or GvG... as afaik, Daggers are the only entire weapon group that is snubbed in both forms of play.

Just because Daggers are overepresented in solo open world play in strictly PvE gathering doesn't mean it's balanced or even good.
      i don't think its only gatherers. every day hundreds of ppl die in zvz's around the world. and still dagger offsets that by alot.
      And seriously, i don't see whats wrong with every weapon line being for other purposes. its like that in every game. why should ao suddenly make daggers a all-round purpose weapon usable everywhere....
    • Neu

RockLobster schrieb:

Elsa schrieb:

TheBadOne schrieb:

Really ? where did you read that ? it's been explained nowhere.
      Just take a few minutes and read through weapon skill descriptions. You'll quickly see what the defining characteristics of a specific weapon line are.
      The issue is developers overvalue single target damage - it's really not that useful in Albion. Having a weapon focused on that makes the weapon not that useful....
      There is actually 12 dps weapons. With 6 melee and 6 ranged weapons.

Most of the mage's staves have AoE spells.
      Hunters have both AoEs and Mono spells.
      Warriors also have both.

And you don't even specifically need to have artifacts for that.

You are arguing on false statements.
      “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”

Søren Kierkegaard.
    • Neu

Soren_Kierkegaard schrieb:

There is actually 12 dps weapons. With 6 melee and 6 ranged weapons.

Most of the mage's staves have AoE spells.
      Hunters have both AoEs and Mono spells.
      Warriors also have both.

And you don't even specifically need to have artifacts for that.

You are arguing on false statements.
      Nothing you just said is relevant to what you quoted me saying. What are you even talking about?