Housing System Feedback

• Raithe wrote:

Difficult and time consuming are different things. It could be conceptually simpleish to setup a more in depth housing building system......but it would certainly be time consuming and detract from other tasking. I would love to see it on the list for later though.
    Cosmetic changes, like more customization for housing for the roof, walls, and exterior, are not done by programmers, but by artists. Some coding is needed to implement it, but that doesn't take much time. Player housing isn't just a side feature, it was one of the main features which were advertised, yet completely ignored it seems. I personally like the idea of creating a house and customizing it, especially with rare furniture that I get overtime. I want my house to evolve with my character. It might sound lame, but it's one of the reasons why I bought the game. It's also expected in a sandbox game. I think it's a high priority, because it's a feature that is promised but not implemented.
  • So far the game seems to lean on the practical and gameplay-oriented rather than the cosmetic side.

SI advertising housing as such was misleading, I totally agree. Nevertheless, I like the practical aspect of the housing and laborers, even though it is a bit "broken", as in, too profitable and too easy to scale if used correctly. It is a design choice, and I personally prefer having more gameplay mechanics rather than cosmetics and fluff.

Oh and I agree with @Targun, there are more pressing issues to solve (my personal picks would be performance and world layout) than adding cosmetics.
  • tzervo wrote:

So far the game seems to lean on the practical and gameplay-oriented rather than the cosmetic side.

SI advertising housing as such was misleading, I totally agree. Nevertheless, I like the practical aspect of the housing and laborers, even though it is a bit "broken", as in, too profitable and too easy to scale if used correctly. It is a design choice, and I personally prefer having more gameplay mechanics rather than cosmetics and fluff.

Oh and I agree with @Targun, there are more pressing issues to solve (my personal picks would be performance and world layout) than adding cosmetics.
    To add to this, the art design of the building are enough of cosmetic imho. The fact that they have a slight but recognizable appearance evolution is a good thing in itself.