Angepinnt [28.11.17] Testserver Patch Notes - Kay - Updated 29.11.

• Dip schrieb:

Anti-Leashing Mechanic
      • If a group of mobs is aggressed together, they will also now reset together if any one mob resets

This change is severely detrimental to solo players as it prevents faming in places that are currently soloable only due to this mechanic
      This already was broken though too. Someone had the bright idea to have them all release back on whomever has aggro of any of the mobs already. This has been on the live server. The war on solo and small groups finally ended when the developers instituted this. I do not know why they do not allow groups of less than 5 to play this game but they certainly do everything thing they can to ensure that no group smaller than 5 can fame farm. Its the main reason why my average time spent in AO went from 15+ hours weekly to < 3.
    • Arghun schrieb:

Can't wait to see the frustration of players leaving the game after we've gone through that mayhem...

I don't believe 5% is enough. Do we want to make Albion Online Albion Movers and co ? You need to provide enough stability for guilds while making sure that guilds who are not playing anymore don't earn to right to get a city plot. Those are two different things...

I do believe that 0%, 5%, 15% would be more appropriate for the defense bonus. We ALL agree that 30% was RIDICULOUSLY high and prevented ANY guild from taking a city plot. 15% is to me what should be the defense bonus for the last shield.

@Monochrome Please reconsider this and if possible give us the rationale behind that 180 degrees change (going from a ridiculously high bonus to nothing since 5% really IS NOTHING).
      Basically, the defender bonus was as big as it was as a crutch to stop a few bad losses from wiping out a Guild. Now that we have the evac feature, that crutch is no longer needed for its original purpose, so it's being taken away.
    • @Monochrome I get the old bonus purpose, what I am afraid of is the following:

a guild loses the last CP battle. They have three days to evac all ressources. The attacking alliance blocades all the entrances to the CP. The guild is dead.

This change will suck the life out of the CPs for many guilds, leaving the CPs for crafting purposes only and moving people away from it.

Only the large alliances with the best GvG teams (read the best 8.3 gear) will be 'safe'. At some point, the skills and the masteries don't matter anymore. The only difference will be the gear tier. This again will favor the guilds already in place in MERCIA since they are more likely to have 8.3 raw materials.

Favor the already highest ranked guilds, make the challengers/contenders less likely to be able to progress.

My two cents.
      /Arghun [SMN]
    • Neu

letwolf schrieb:

Retroman schrieb:

This time we will probably do another combat balance patch shortly after Kay hits the live server. So we can react to spells / weapons, which are too strong or still too weak. Just to make sure we don't end up with another Grudge situation.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Please consider making Curse mage's Vile Curse staying longer, 6 second DOT is too small. Why not make it more like to Nature Staff's Thorns spell (lasting 10 sec, does dmg every second)After all Nature is not DPS class, and its dot is stronger and lasts much longer.
      As someone who plays curse since 2nd Beta I approve this. Even a 5.5 or such would help a lot in terms of performance, item choice and balance. Timing, Q range, 1H Curse Bomb, Damage pressure. I am ok with the damage being split or even lowered a little just so it stays longer.
    • Neu

Dip schrieb:

Anti-Leashing Mechanic
      • If a group of mobs is aggressed together, they will also now reset together if any one mob resets

This change is severely detrimental to solo players as it prevents faming in places that are currently soloable only due to this mechanic
      I hope at least it's an anti blue troll mechanic, although I never let my hopes rise too far until shit plays out.