If you could make one change to this game, what would you change, and what would be your intended outcome?

• If you could make one change to this game, what would you change, and what would be your intended outcome?

As title states, what would you change and how would you hope it would have as an outcome?

I would get rid of Carleon and bring back the emphasis on the outskirt towns. Hopefully each biome would have their resources reworked so one biome would have an emphasis on each resource, and then we could have different economies supported by transportation and shipping.

Furthermore, by getting rid of Carleone, I would like to see the portals to the BZ changed to red zones, so there is an inherent risk, going to and from the BZ. This could create a very populated/high traffic choke zone for red zone pvp.
  • Pick one:

- World rework: Nuke Caerleon and remove blue city portals. Make it so that there are entry points to different BZ in the vicinity of each blue city according to its biome (i.e. former port towns) to further emphasize resource locality and encourage in-between-cities trading. Possibly have red zones separate all citiies to add risk in trading/hauling. The whole Albion map, all cities, need to be relevant.

I feel these changes are feasible if SI wants it, even at this point, with some risks and/or necessary calibration - apart from removing Caerleon, this could now cause a riot, UNLESS players get to move their resources to a blue city for free (islands and city plots, with the blue cities being ghost towns there should be enough space for that). Otherwise, at least get rid of the damn BZ portal in Caerleon and have it be the red city.

- Get rid of the performance problems: Stuttering everywhere, even in single player instances or 5v5's, and rubber banding.
  • tzervo wrote:

- World rework: Nuke Caerleon and remove blue city portals. Make it so that there are entry points to different BZ in the vicinity of each blue city according to its biome (i.e. former port towns) to further emphasize resource locality and encourage in-between-cities trading. Possibly have red zones separate all citiies to add risk in trading/hauling. The whole Albion map, all cities, need to be relevant.
    Just to elaborate a bit with really simple pictures the layout I had in mind. Lettters represent the starting letters of a city (Fort Sterling etc):

Before introducing the BZ portal in Caerleon the functional layout of the map was this (ports):

After the introduction it changed to this:

What I suggest is a layout that functions like this:

And this can be done without any real changes in the map, just by rerouting the entry points, rearranging blue/red in the RC and bringing back the ports that were already coded anyway.

Also note the area sizes are not intended to be up to scale. That is a matter of calibrating blue vs red vs black content, which are essentially different. Oh and EDIT 234: Expeditions, arenas and yellow zones can be seen as just that, blue zone content.

The post was edited 5 times, last by tzervo ().

• Delete Caerleon portal and make it a dangerous underground path to blackzone. If a mechanic that makes living in Caerleon as a blackzone guild more flexible than living in your guild plot, it's a stupid one.

It's not working as intended anyway because alliances can move their forces from east to west in 30 mins. This system is broken.

Blackzone is supposed to be a dangerous area for the reckless adventurers. T4 with claws ganking at a 1000% risk/reward ratio is not exactly dangerous.
  • Probably add diversity in clothing color and design. I understand it needs to be quite minimal for the cross-platform thing to happen, but perhaps having certain detail options for higher-end pc's and tablets to show more armor colour and detail. I know the higher tier are reserved for the 'cool looking things' but that deters lower tier players from wanting to play further. Like waiting until tier 8 to get the ugly brown cloth to look somewhat like a cool hood? Waste your life away everyday to get to tier 8 lol. Yeah the grind is part of the game ,I understand you need to put hard work in, but i'll give runescape as an example. It has a lot of diversity in armor and even underarmor and I'm only about level 45. I think adding clothing options and maybe hair/skin customization after initial character creation would be nice.
    When you haven't told your parents you're gay but you're already engaged to your girlfriend????????? help
  • Refocus the games travel and exploration. Cearleon, quick travel, the portal mechanics kinda killed any notion of travel in this game. Also having no blackzone safezones aka blackzone cities means nobody actually lives in blackzones, everyone loops back through the main trade hub, it makes the game feel small. Not having any unknown areas or reasons to explore them is also limiting for a game of this type.

Wouldn't it be somthing if people had to actually explore in this game? find hidden hideouts they could use as bases? or sweet spots that only you know about that has rare resources that are not suposed to be there?

As it currently stands, all the maps are copy and pasted onto a grid system which is duplicated across all regions, it just feel so lack luster.