Game often loses display then returns to the login page. iPad Pro 12.9” 1st gen

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Game often loses display then returns to the login page. iPad Pro 12.9” 1st gen

Screen often goes blank/black during play. This lasts for about 2 seconds, then it returns to the log-in screen. If I try to log in it tells me that I’m already logged in elsewhere. I have to force close the app and reopen to be able login and continue playing.

I thought at first it was a sleep issue that was posted about earlier, but after setting a stopwatch I can report it happened after 18 minutes and again after 40+ minutes, so obviously not that.

It happened 3 times yesterday, and has happened twice today so far.

Other than this, the game is playing beautifully.

Device is an iPad Pro 12.9 1st gen
      Bilder
      • IMG_3419.jpg

420,53 kB, 1.000×750, 162 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von SHARKY ()

• Seriously, is nobody else getting this issue?

Game drops out constantly for me - screen goes blank, then returns to the log-in page. This can happen any time after 1 minute of play or 30+ minutes of play, but it happens a lot. I've even done a hard reset on my iPad, to remove EVERYTHING and start with a fresh iOS installation and no other apps, but still the same issue.

Can I get some feedback from the Devs please?

@Talion
    • I now have a feeling the issue may be WiFi related. I’ve tried playing over 4G, hooking my iPad to my iPhones hotspot, and I’ve not had the problem. I played for about a total of 3hrs, on and off. I did get the issue once but that was when my iPhone ran out of juice and the connection switched back to my home WiFi while I was playing.

I’ll continue to play on 4G for the rest of the week, then switch back to WiFi after, to see what happens. Home WiFi doesn’t give us problems with any other devices, but at this stage it is looking like the culprit.
    • SHARKY schrieb:

I now have a feeling the issue may be WiFi related. I’ve tried playing over 4G, hooking my iPad to my iPhones hotspot, and I’ve not had the problem. I played for about a total of 3hrs, on and off. I did get the issue once but that was when my iPhone ran out of juice and the connection switched back to my home WiFi while I was playing.

I’ll continue to play on 4G for the rest of the week, then switch back to WiFi after, to see what happens. Home WiFi doesn’t give us problems with any other devices, but at this stage it is looking like the culprit.
      Your wifi signal is 2.4Ghz, right? If yes, then the problem is because of your wifi's router signal.
      You may need to buy a new dualband wifi router and using the 5Ghz signal on your ipad.

I can't type more detail due to English isn't my first language.
      But if you need more infomation about this problem, you can google "wifi dropout" and "wifi interference".

I'm using the "tp-link archer c9" router right now if you need a recommendation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Drakania ()

• TEK schrieb:

I believe this is due to the IOS update which is causing a ton of problems. The fix that I have found is to turn off notifications on ALL of your apps.

Thanks for the tip @TEK but I've now tried turning off ALL notifications and then playing over wifi but had the problem multiple times.

Drakania schrieb:

SHARKY schrieb:

I now have a feeling the issue may be WiFi related. I’ve tried playing over 4G, hooking my iPad to my iPhones hotspot, and I’ve not had the problem. I played for about a total of 3hrs, on and off. I did get the issue once but that was when my iPhone ran out of juice and the connection switched back to my home WiFi while I was playing.

Your wifi signal is 2.4Ghz, right? If yes, then the problem is because of your wifi's router signal.You may need to buy a new dualband wifi router and using the 5Ghz signal on your ipad.

I can't type more detail due to English isn't my first language.
      But if you need more infomation about this problem, you can google "wifi dropout" and "wifi interference".

I'm using the "tp-link archer c9" router right now if you need a recommendation.
      Thanks for the reply @Drakania. I have a dual-band router, but I don't know which channel my iPad is using, as both channels have the same SSID and password. I'd guess it would already be the 5GHz channel by default but I'll look into that in more detail soon.

I never have this problem when playing on my PC, but again, I don't know which channel that uses either.
    • SHARKY schrieb:

I’ve tried both WiFi bands (2.4 and 5GHz) and still get the same drop-outs on both. Gone back to 4G and no problems.
      Your router may not good enough to handle the strong signal across your house with multiple wifi devices.
      This is an common problem in all the low-end router (came with your ISP contract) with low-end single-core CPU & specs.
      My old router always dropped out whenever there're more than 10 connected devices even though they said that it can handle up to 20 devices.

Beside that, these middle-price routers are having the "wifi beamforming" feature, it's similar to the 4G network which is focusing the signal to your devices while using. I'm using it right now and trust me, it's feel like i'm connected to LAN cable instead of wifi signal on my Surface tablet.

TL;DR: You may need a new better router.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Drakania ()

• Drakania schrieb:

SHARKY schrieb:

I’ve tried both WiFi bands (2.4 and 5GHz) and still get the same drop-outs on both. Gone back to 4G and no problems.
      Your router may not good enough to handle the strong signal across your house with multiple wifi devices.
      This is an common problem in all the low-end router (came with your ISP contract) with low-end single-core CPU & specs.
      My old router always dropped out whenever there're more than 10 connected devices even though they said that it can handle up to 20 devices.

Beside that, these middle-price routers are having the "wifi beamforming" feature, it's similar to the 4G network which is focusing the signal to your devices while using. I'm using it right now and trust me, it's feel like i'm connected to LAN cable instead of wifi signal on my Surface tablet.

TL;DR: You may need a new better router.

Thanks @Drakania. That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking too. My router is the one supplied by my ISP, so nothing special.

I’ve tried giving the the 2 bands their own SSID and ensuring my iPad is the only device connected to the 5GHz band but it makes no difference. I’ll see if I can get some help via my ISPs forum.

In the meantime I’ll just continue to play via 4G. I get 12GB per month and barely touch it, so it’s no big deal.
    • Thanks for the suggestion @Mattius but my iPad is actually WiFi only. I use my iPhone as a hotspot, using its 4G over WiFi to my iPad. It works flawlessly like that. It’s only when I try to use my home WiFi that i get the issue.

I think it’s all down to my router. Maybe I’ll get adventurous one day and try to change some settings on the router, and keep testing but until then I’ll just use my 4G allowance