Price of Trial Keys reduced and increased Referral Rewards

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Price of Trial Keys reduced and increased Referral Rewards

Hey everyone,

We have reduced the prices for Trial Keys and adjusted rewards for successful referrals. See here for all the details.

And in case you're not familiar with Trial Keys and aren't sure how to redeem one or how to buy one for your friend, take a look at this short guide.
    • Dokuwan schrieb:

1 out of 4 only breaks even unless u get the 500g u used to buy the key back too. Still this is very unprofitable since average seems to be like 1 out of 10 buys the game. Can i get my 2500 gold back pls i bought 5 keys when price was 1k and none bought the game.
      You break even - likely turn a profit - on one out of 5. (20% conversion)
      • 4 times no concersion: 2000 gold lost
      • 1 time conversion: 2000 gain (as you also get the 500 for the key back). That assumes the referral gets a veteran pack.
      • Globally, looking at all trial keys, we saw a conversion of a around 21-22%. That of course includes trial keys given away a bad settings (for example, just pasting them en masse somewhere). We are pretty sure that if you put some thought into how to give away keys, you‘ll turn a profit.
    • You guys deleted my first post, but I was admittedly trolling a bit so OK, here's some constructive feedback:

As a paying player it just doesn't feel right that we should have to pay for trial keys. I can't think of any other subscription based MMORPG that has a trial system like this. IMO, the existing referral system was fine, and that is what existing players should be using when inviting friends to join the game. The trial system should be separate, and free but with limitations to prevent abuse so people can at the very least download the game, see what it looks like visually and get a general feel for Albion. Right now, the trial system just feels like a gold sink that SBI is using to try and remove gold from the current economy in order to get more players to pay for premium using cash as opposed to silver/gold.

I regret handing out 10 keys earlier this month to people asking for them on the Albion forum and Albion subreddit. 10k gold down the drain with nothing to show for it. Even at 500 gold each - I don't plan to use the system as it currently exists. Anyone I recruit to the game going forward is going to be someone that I know from previous MMOs and will just have them use my standard referral link to get an account. For random people on the internet, the risk is just not worth it, given than 80% of them are either looking to abuse the system or won't end up buying a starter pack for whatever reason.

What I would propose is that trial accounts should be free but shouldn't start with premium status. Problem solved. It's not like new characters really need LP or crafting focus for the first few days.
      This way new players can at least download the game and get a 'feel' for it without having to pay anything. Existing players don't have to pay for SBI's trial system. And most importantly, there's very little that players can do using this system to abuse it and make easy in game money.

Because right now, it seems 80% of trial keys are just being abused by existing players to get free 100k crafting focus, which can be easily converted to silver either by nurturing crops/animals or refining T2/3 mats with focus. Pretty sure that's what happened with most of the ones I gave out.

FWIW, I am enjoying Albion and want to see it succeed long term - but I don't think the current trial key system is the best way to make that happen.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Grimhawke-EB ()

• Hi @Grimhawke-EB,

thanks for your feedback.

The reason why we changed the cost of the trial keys and improved the reward is that we want people to profit from sending out trial keys, assuming that a little bit of thought goes into who to send them to.

From all trial keys send out so far, slightly more than 20% have redeemed a starter pack. With the updated price of 500 and the significant increase to gold rewarded for the packs (we doubled the veteran reward and increased epic by 1000), as long as the people that you send the trial keys too are "average", you'll turn a profit. Spew tons of keys blindly around the internet, well, it might not work out unless you have a really good community to send them to. (though already requiring people to send you a personal message before giving them a key makes a ton of difference over just posting a list of keys for everyone to take)

Here is the math:
      Including upgrades, the breakdown of starter packs sold right now is roughly: 6% legendary, 9% epic, 85% veteran. That means an average referral reward of 2,205 gold, plus 500 for the cost of your key back, i.e. 2.705. Assuming a conversion rate of 20%, that now gives you an average return of 541 gold, - 500 for the key, so a plus of 41 gold per key sent. What's important to understand is that these are average values. If you have a good plan on who to give keys to, and maybe some ideas on how to support them, you can easily get a conversion rate of 30% or more - which would already mean a gain for 311.5 gold per key sent. And we do have some people with a good amount of keys sent out and conversion rates that are even higher than that.
    • On making trial accounts free:
      This would open the doors to lots of spam, botting, fraud and abuse issues. These could all be tackled, but we'd have to invest a significant amount of development time into building all the required safeguards and making all the required changes (it's much more complicated than just turning of the chat). We do not want to invest this time right now as we want to focus on improving the actual game.
    • Korn schrieb:

Hi @Grimhawke-EB,

thanks for your feedback.

The reason why we changed the cost of the trial keys and improved the reward is that we want people to profit from sending out trial keys, assuming that a little bit of thought goes into who to send them to.

From all trial keys send out so far, slightly more than 20% have redeemed a starter pack. With the updated price of 500 and the significant increase to gold rewarded for the packs (we doubled the veteran reward and increased epic by 1000), as long as the people that you send the trial keys too are "average", you'll turn a profit. Spew tons of keys blindly around the internet, well, it might not work out unless you have a really good community to send them to. (though already requiring people to send you a personal message before giving them a key makes a ton of difference over just posting a list of keys for everyone to take)

Here is the math:
      Including upgrades, the breakdown of starter packs sold right now is roughly: 6% legendary, 9% epic, 85% veteran. That means an average referral reward of 2,205 gold, plus 500 for the cost of your key back, i.e. 2.705. Assuming a conversion rate of 20%, that now gives you an average return of 541 gold, - 500 for the key, so a plus of 41 gold per key sent. What's important to understand is that these are average values. If you have a good plan on who to give keys to, and maybe some ideas on how to support them, you can easily get a conversion rate of 30% or more - which would already mean a gain for 311.5 gold per key sent. And we do have some people with a good amount of keys sent out and conversion rates that are even higher than that.
      Here the math. I lose no money if I don't buy a key. Players should not be paying to advertise your game. This is the worst referral system I have every seen. If other players want to waste their money that fine but I bet it will leave most with a bad taste in their mouths.
    • King_Arthur schrieb:

Here the math. I lose no money if I don't buy a key. Players should not be paying to advertise your game. This is the worst referral system I have every seen. If other players want to waste their money that fine but I bet it will leave most with a bad taste in their mouths.
      I think it is similar to playing blackjack. I put 500 gold into a key. About 5-6 days daily casual grind worth. I may get 2000 or lose everything. That 20% odds is not as good as blackjack's but the payout is double as well... In my thought worth a try.

Don't buy more keys than you can afford to lose and don't spend real life money on the keys.
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Trial Keys on Request!
    • Korn schrieb:

Including upgrades, the breakdown of starter packs sold right now is roughly: 6% legendary, 9% epic, 85% veteran. That means an average referral reward of 2,205 gold, plus 500 for the cost of your key back, i.e. 2.705. Assuming a conversion rate of 20%, that now gives you an average return of 541 gold, - 500 for the key, so a plus of 41 gold per key sent.
      I doubt most people are "serial key gifters" and aren't going to do this 4-5 times to see a return. Most are just going to know a friend who might want to play, so they buy a key... and 80% of the time are going to have nothing to show for it but 500gp down the drain.

You should be rewarding or at least not charging and thanking 5 out of 5 people for going through the effort of player outreach for you. You should not be fucking over 4 out of 5 of them, making 80% worse off for even trying.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()