Get rid of Dreaded, the largest thing holding this game back

  • Get rid of Dreaded, the largest thing holding this game back

    So first off I want to clarify that I am not suggesting we get rid of reputation system completely, but to get rid of the one thing that is limiting the games potential and that is the "Dreaded" level in rep.
    Benefits/reasons of no dreaded in game:

    -Red zones will become more active in terms of pvp, such as 50 of a single guild vs 100+ from Carleon multiple times a day, guilds will be able to lock down red zone dungeons or be killed in said dungeons making it more of an option for people to hit to get a fight

    -Economy will rise dramatically, reason is because more deaths! For example outside fights of Carlion, people will die by the hundreds and gear back up from the auction house to participate in fights, this will also make ZvZ weapons more important and increase in value

    -Save the outcasted cities, because Carlion is such a safe haven for everyone, the outskirts cities are rotting and became ghost towns, why? Because Carlion is the center hub with the same safe territories surrounding it and that when they get negative rep, Carlion becomes their prison. With no dreaded the "Care bears" will need to make a choice,
    1. I stay in the city with high risk but high rewards
    2. Live in outer cities where I am safe but not nearly as much benefits

    -CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT, say it 3 times and it shall appear, players will lose the shackles placed on them which is the opposite of a sandbox and player economy. For example people will be able to build up negative rep, where possible future if they follow EVE will allow for a bounty system! "Bring me (person's name) head for 50k silver!"

    -The anti-zerg mechanics already exist! Blobs tell me if I am alone and I see a blob in the north of map, I shouldn't go there! Thus I survive, any competent player understand that

    Benefits/reason of a dreaded in game:

    -Red zones become less risk of fights, in other words only risk of dying is running into flag bubbles or going to black zone, rarely find a flagged group to kill others at risk of being locked out

    -Everyone is able to get to Carlion safely, in other words no point for the other cities right?

    -Red dungeons become locked down by guilds with no worries because they can kill the 3-4 that try to get the fame with barely any risk of going negative since they get rep from the mobs

    I am sure the devs have though of other benefits but in retrospect there are FAR more benefits of getting rid of the dreaded portion than having it, especially with the risk of this game losing people and I mean over 50% of player base that played first month.

    Please try to get this the attention it's needed because I'm sure there are multiple people that believe that dreaded should be gone as well.

    "He rules the frost therefore he is their king." - God
  • I in fact think the system should be more harsh. PVP should be in the game but it shouldn't be to the point of small groups with dire wolfs hunting plays in red zones to be the normal. The game forces players to red zones to advance in skill so to send a players into a blood bath, where he / she looses all there gear, isn't a good way to keep players around. AO is a business first and needs to have a health beginner / mid / advance player base to make it. Getting rid of the dreaded or the system would result in just a mid / advance player base and thus the game would ultimately fail.
    [b]Vet Player[/b] UO | WOW | SWG | SWTOR | City Of Heroes | City Of Villains | DC Online | .... more but I cannot remember.
  • MrRipper wrote:

    I in fact think the system should be more harsh. PVP should be in the game but it shouldn't be to the point of small groups with dire wolfs hunting plays in red zones to be the normal. The game forces players to red zones to advance in skill so to send a players into a blood bath, where he / she looses all there gear, isn't a good way to keep players around. AO is a business first and needs to have a health beginner / mid / advance player base to make it. Getting rid of the dreaded or the system would result in just a mid / advance player base and thus the game would ultimately fail.
    aren't there already blue and yellow zone exactly for that
  • Mehfisto wrote:

    MrRipper wrote:

    I in fact think the system should be more harsh. PVP should be in the game but it shouldn't be to the point of small groups with dire wolfs hunting plays in red zones to be the normal. The game forces players to red zones to advance in skill so to send a players into a blood bath, where he / she looses all there gear, isn't a good way to keep players around. AO is a business first and needs to have a health beginner / mid / advance player base to make it. Getting rid of the dreaded or the system would result in just a mid / advance player base and thus the game would ultimately fail.
    aren't there already blue and yellow zone exactly for that

    You can reach the limits of blue/yellow zones in a couple of hours, what then? Want people who not play hardcore to quit after only a few days because they can't progress any further? Red zones are a good way to introduce people to the risk of the game without having them getting ganked 24/7 by guildgroups. You can build up some progress and wealth there before hitting the black zones, and when you get unlucky in the black zones and died a couple times you can go back to red and rebuild.
  • Phex wrote:

    Mehfisto wrote:

    MrRipper wrote:

    I in fact think the system should be more harsh. PVP should be in the game but it shouldn't be to the point of small groups with dire wolfs hunting plays in red zones to be the normal. The game forces players to red zones to advance in skill so to send a players into a blood bath, where he / she looses all there gear, isn't a good way to keep players around. AO is a business first and needs to have a health beginner / mid / advance player base to make it. Getting rid of the dreaded or the system would result in just a mid / advance player base and thus the game would ultimately fail.
    aren't there already blue and yellow zone exactly for that
    You can reach the limits of blue/yellow zones in a couple of hours, what then? Want people who not play hardcore to quit after only a few days because they can't progress any further? Red zones are a good way to introduce people to the risk of the game without having them getting ganked 24/7 by guildgroups. You can build up some progress and wealth there before hitting the black zones, and when you get unlucky in the black zones and died a couple times you can go back to red and rebuild.
    That's what yellow zones are for, this game is mainly for PVP and are plenty of ways to get away from gankers, the red zones are a joke in which less than 5% of the game player base actually spend time in. I see your point in which how players want to feel safe when in Royal continent but that's not this game, they have cities on outside for those not willing to risk their gear as well as dungs in yellow zones.

    "He rules the frost therefore he is their king." - God
  • If what you are saying is true you wouldn't be trying to get back in the red zone to score PVP. Most of the game's content is pure PVP with no rep loss, you have a huge zone, much bigger than the Royal zone, much better fame, much better resources, so why you would want access to our two little dungeons is beyond me. Sounds like people just want access to weaker and smaller groups. If you want to kill the game, that's how you do it.
  • FrostKing wrote:

    Phex wrote:

    Mehfisto wrote:

    MrRipper wrote:

    I in fact think the system should be more harsh. PVP should be in the game but it shouldn't be to the point of small groups with dire wolfs hunting plays in red zones to be the normal. The game forces players to red zones to advance in skill so to send a players into a blood bath, where he / she looses all there gear, isn't a good way to keep players around. AO is a business first and needs to have a health beginner / mid / advance player base to make it. Getting rid of the dreaded or the system would result in just a mid / advance player base and thus the game would ultimately fail.
    aren't there already blue and yellow zone exactly for that
    You can reach the limits of blue/yellow zones in a couple of hours, what then? Want people who not play hardcore to quit after only a few days because they can't progress any further? Red zones are a good way to introduce people to the risk of the game without having them getting ganked 24/7 by guildgroups. You can build up some progress and wealth there before hitting the black zones, and when you get unlucky in the black zones and died a couple times you can go back to red and rebuild.
    That's what yellow zones are for, this game is mainly for PVP and are plenty of ways to get away from gankers, the red zones are a joke in which less than 5% of the game player base actually spend time in. I see your point in which how players want to feel safe when in Royal continent but that's not this game, they have cities on outside for those not willing to risk their gear as well as dungs in yellow zones.


    Right now we have No Risk zones, Low Risk Zones and High Risk Zones. You are asking for changing the low risk zones into more high risk zones. Why? People who doesn't go to the high Risk zones will still not go there, only thing you achive is you have more of these zones with the same amount of people in it and the evil "carebear" players will maybe quit faster.

    All lifecycles of hardcore full loot pvp games are the same. The bottom of the playergame will quit first, then the next 10% because they are the bootom now and so on until only a handfull of the elite hardcore playerbase is running around empty zones crying for more players. All you will do is reach this point even faster for having some few weeks with more action. The red zones are good for teaching players first steps of pvp while gathering without complete destroying them. And i don't know which red zones you are in, but i can't even play in primetime because i spend more time running away from ganks then actual gathering.
  • You can lock down dungeons in Black zones.
    You can gank in BZ.
    You can fight in BZ.
    So, as I clearly see, you are too bad for doing this in BZ. So you came here whining to let you in RZ, where people not so tough and cautious as in BZ, and where you can get some easy kills in 10v1 manner as you & your T4 mates always did.
    Answer is:
    NOPE.
    Just L2P dude and come to BZ. I invite you to try lock down dungeon in Circling Vultures.
  • You have the entire BZ, which is huge and the size of Blue, Yellow and Red combined, and you want to turn Red zones into the gank clusterfuck that BZ is, so that more people die and lose their gear? Why the hell aren't you in BZ and doing all these things you claim you want to do in RZ?

    Gees, no wonder the game is bleeding subscribers with asinine suggestions like this. This game will turn into Darkfall/Mortal Online in no time. This game needs MORE content for people not interested in full loot PvP ganking, not less.
  • letwolf wrote:

    You can lock down dungeons in Black zones.
    You can gank in BZ.
    You can fight in BZ.
    So, as I clearly see, you are too bad for doing this in BZ. So you came here whining to let you in RZ, where people not so tough and cautious as in BZ, and where you can get some easy kills in 10v1 manner as you & your T4 mates always did.
    Answer is:
    NOPE.
    Just L2P dude and come to BZ. I invite you to try lock down dungeon in Circling Vultures.
    I don't think I have ever seen a person called "letwolf" in albion history, and you speak of lockin down the hardest fame spot in the game? interesting.
  • Percyvelle wrote:

    Red zones barely get any pvp action, have gathered for hours with no threats.
    Have encountered many gatherers?
    Maybe red zones barely get any pvp action because there's barely anyone there?

    And if you met many gatherers have you called your PK buddies on them?
    Becasue the other reason of barely any pvp in red zones may be because the PKer prefer to flex on forums instead of playing?
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • It's a bully syndrome: they want targets that don't fight back (gathering gear, high rep, no means to retaliate after the act, lower fame in red zone, lower numbers, less organization)

    Player gets his ass kicked, he usually has no way to retaliate so he often settles for attacking a weaker thing to feel better. I've seen it a million times.
  • My opinion is a bit unpopular, but I don't believe that the Royal Continent should be nearly as robust as it is. Caerleon should be on the black zone continent with a red zone around it (to discourage PvP near the city). The very idea that you can stay on Royal forever without missing out on much is counter to what this game needs to be if they plan on having a community that sticks around long-term.
  • FrostKing wrote:

    BZ exist for Home plots and an area away from the Carebear world, however red Zones aren't suppose to be equal to the risk of a yellow zone, Im not interested in fighting 10v1, but want there to be more chances of 100 vs 100 outside of carlion
    100v100 or 100vAnything is one of my top reasons for avoiding the BZ. I have absolutely zero interest in gaming with 1000 freagin people, I'm far too picky about the people I want to hang out with and it has nothing to do with being elitest, it has more to do with character.