Purchasable LP with Gold

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Purchasable LP with Gold

So I saw a lot of people wanting more ways to get LP, and I was thinking about it cause I would like to see something like that too.
      While this is a "hard-core" pvp game, the grind is a bit much and has the tendency to burn players out. I've seen a lot of people quit cause of this. It would be nice if newer players had a way to get to end-game content a little faster so they can enjoy the game to the fullest.

If LP is made purchasable with gold, gold value and demand will go up, which I think will be healthy for the player economy. The devs will get more money, and players will feel more rewarded for the money they make in game since they can use it to buy gold/LP. Less people will complain about the game being too grindy or quit cause of that.

Some people might complain about this being P2W, but I think this is offset by the fact that gold can be purchased with in-game silver and that LP can only be used at 30% skill progression. The degree of influence purchasable LP will have on the game can be regulated by the gold cost of purchasable LP and by adding a hard limit to how much LP can be purchased per account periodically (maybe monthly, weekly, etc).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lamim ()

• Considering the disparity in global incomes I do think this would give a distinct advantage to those that have money to use for gold to advance beyond those that do not without having to play the game. While you can use in game silver to purchase gold as we have seen with premium this is really easy for some to achieve but not for many others. LP equates to fame (xp) so being able to purchase LP (fame) would directly allow some to out gear others by spending RL $. I cannot think of a way this would not be pay to win. As it is premium, gold converted to silver for the ah, etc are already p2w elements.
    • Raithe schrieb:

Considering the disparity in global incomes I do think this would give a distinct advantage to those that have money to use for gold to advance beyond those that do not without having to play the game. While you can use in game silver to purchase gold as we have seen with premium this is really easy for some to achieve but not for many others. LP equates to fame (xp) so being able to purchase LP (fame) would directly allow some to out gear others by spending RL $. I cannot think of a way this would not be pay to win. As it is premium, gold converted to silver for the ah, etc are already p2w elements.

LordSilva schrieb:

its still P2W m8!
      I've wondered about the term P2W term for a while. If you would consider EXP boosts P2W yeah you could say its P2W, but if you consider things like.. using maplestory as an example here, being able to by cubes to enchant or modify gear for better stats as P2W, then you might not consider buyable LP as P2W. However I do agree this would give an advantage to players with more money, which I why I wanted to suggest some sort of regulation, like only being able to buy 100lp a month for 10g an LP. At that price most people would consider it a waste of precious money anyways, and 100lp a month isnt significant enough to be P2W imo, but would still offer those of us a way to level a few things faster while giving us more incentive to support the devs.

All in all, this could be a terrible idea, or a good one with the right implementation and regulation. I'm just trying to think about the game on a whole rather than just "what would benefit me more specifically". I myself dont even have that much money and am only t6 to t5 in most things, so I guess you could consider me a middle game player still working towards end-game.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lamim ()

• It is P2W and i will explain why. If this was release and top tier guilds grind the weapons as fast as possible well normally to get that head start they would spent their 200 LP on the weapons and armour but it would only get them to around level 10-25 mastery BUT if they could buy LP they would be able to keep grinding and get a even bigger head start. Now i understand this is not release of course but still it would be OP since you would be able to grind endlessly and believe me that is every player in a top tier guild wet-dream (cuz of the extremely good dungeons some guilds control). Conclusion its P2W and even if you somehow have a counterargument that is actually true and correct people would still label it as P2W since it adds something a IRL money shop that affects in-game progression.

Excuse me for my bad English. have a nice day.
    • wolfo70 schrieb:

It is P2W and i will explain why. If this was release and top tier guilds grind the weapons as fast as possible well normally to get that head start they would spent their 200 LP on the weapons and armour but it would only get them to around level 10-25 mastery BUT if they could buy LP they would be able to keep grinding and get a even bigger head start. Now i understand this is not release of course but still it would be OP since you would be able to grind endlessly and believe me that is every player in a top tier guild wet-dream (cuz of the extremely good dungeons some guilds control). Conclusion its P2W and even if you somehow have a counterargument that is actually true and correct people would still label it as P2W since it adds something a IRL money shop that affects in-game progression.

But this isn't release.. so why are we considering release as a relevant scenario?... The suggestion was buyable LP which can be regulated and limited to a point where it doesnt influence the game negatively. I only suggested 100lp a month as an example. On the side note, 100 every month is barely significant considering we get 20lp a day from premium and that you still need to grind 30% towards a level before you can even use the LP.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lamim ()

• Lamim schrieb:

wolfo70 schrieb:

It is P2W and i will explain why. If this was release and top tier guilds grind the weapons as fast as possible well normally to get that head start they would spent their 200 LP on the weapons and armour but it would only get them to around level 10-25 mastery BUT if they could buy LP they would be able to keep grinding and get a even bigger head start. Now i understand this is not release of course but still it would be OP since you would be able to grind endlessly and believe me that is every player in a top tier guild wet-dream (cuz of the extremely good dungeons some guilds control). Conclusion its P2W and even if you somehow have a counterargument that is actually true and correct people would still label it as P2W since it adds something a IRL money shop that affects in-game progression.

But this isn't release.. so why are we considering release as a relevant scenario?... The suggestion was buyable LP which can be regulated and limited to a point where it doesnt influence the game negatively. I only suggested 100lp a month as an example. On the side note, 100 every month is barely significant considering we get 20lp a day from premium and that you still need to grind 30% towards a level before you can even use the LP.
      BUT it still wouldn't be in the favor of the devs even if this is a good idea they will never implement it because they know it will affect there reputation as a game company (and the game) negatively because it is STILL an pay for advantage kind off deal for IRL money even if its not significant it will still be labeled by the community and outsiders as P2W.
    • I recently stopped playing a game (android.....arcane legends) because I logged on to discover you can pay money to get to specific high lvls instantly as well as just buy experience for money. It made it so half the game is unplayable as it advances you beyond many areas without game play and you must do so to be able to compete with others in the pvp games.

To be clear I tested this purchasable lvls and it ryined the chars I used them on. The chars can be competeive in pvp now but there is no longer a point in using them for anything else as they are just to high lvl and there is no more meaningful progression for these 2 chars.
    • Lamim schrieb:

Raithe schrieb:

Considering the disparity in global incomes I do think this would give a distinct advantage to those that have money to use for gold to advance beyond those that do not without having to play the game. While you can use in game silver to purchase gold as we have seen with premium this is really easy for some to achieve but not for many others. LP equates to fame (xp) so being able to purchase LP (fame) would directly allow some to out gear others by spending RL $. I cannot think of a way this would not be pay to win. As it is premium, gold converted to silver for the ah, etc are already p2w elements.

LordSilva schrieb:

its still P2W m8!
      I've wondered about the term P2W term for a while. If you would consider EXP boosts P2W yeah you could say its P2W, but if you consider things like.. using maplestory as an example here, being able to by cubes to enchant or modify gear for better stats as P2W, then you might not consider buyable LP as P2W. However I do agree this would give an advantage to players with more money, which I why I wanted to suggest some sort of regulation, like only being able to buy 100lp a month for 10g an LP. At that price most people would consider it a waste of precious money anyways, and 100lp a month isnt significant enough to be P2W imo, but would still offer those of us a way to level a few things faster while giving us more incentive to support the devs.
      All in all, this could be a terrible idea, or a good one with the right implementation and regulation. I'm just trying to think about the game on a whole rather than just "what would benefit me more specifically". I myself dont even have that much money and am only t6 to t5 in most things, so I guess you could consider me a middle game player still working towards end-game
      Anything that a player can buy with real money and that allows him to advance in a certain parameter of the game is always considered as P2W regardless of whether or not there is some type of control or even very low limit that may not be considered an "advantage"
      In Albion, Premium accounts can be purchased for real money, and give a BONUS on the player's progress, increasing the speed with which it progresses in the game, but does not automatically give an increase in that evolution, as what this idea suggests.

Having a game in which those who have more hours of game have more advantages, YES, Having a game in which who has money, whether much or little, has more advantages, NO!
    • LordSilva schrieb:

Anything that a player can buy with real money and that allows him to advance in a certain parameter of the game is always considered as P2W regardless of whether or not there is some type of control or even very low limit that may not be considered an "advantage"
      In Albion, Premium accounts can be purchased for real money, and give a BONUS on the player's progress, increasing the speed with which it progresses in the game, but does not automatically give an increase in that evolution, as what this idea suggests.

Having a game in which those who have more hours of game have more advantages, YES, Having a game in which who has money, whether much or little, has more advantages, NO!
      If you have time to play but no money and I don't have time to play because I spend my time making real money then yours is Play2W and mine is Pay2W, the only people hurt by this are people with no time and no money.
    • MissBehave schrieb:

LordSilva schrieb:

If you have time to play but no money and I don't have time to play because I spend my time making real money then yours is Play2W and mine is Pay2W, the only people hurt by this are people with no time and no money.
      If you don't have time to play cause of your real life, you don't have time for... Gaming AlbionOnline or any other mmo game, cause the only ting you lose in AlbionOnline is TIME!

In AlbionOnline you die and lose... "time" to get more gear, "time" to get more silver, "time" to get more fame! Its all TIME m8!
      Pay real time money to spend less time ONLINE in the game, is P2W!
    • In Albion Online, you can consider to be HL compliant once you have about 5 to 10M PvE fame (for PvP gameplay).

Thus, I'm not sure a "faster" way could solde any issues. It's like any MMORPG in which you need to level up. I remember WoW Vanilla in which you needed to get lvl 60 before entering HL. Here it's the same, everybody is not "lvl 60", but still anyone have a chance to get it by playing a lot.

To player that want a "fast" access to HL, it's definitively not a game for them.
    • CptEdward schrieb:

In Albion Online, you can consider to be HL compliant once you have about 5 to 10M PvE fame (for PvP gameplay).

Thus, I'm not sure a "faster" way could solde any issues. It's like any MMORPG in which you need to level up. I remember WoW Vanilla in which you needed to get lvl 60 before entering HL. Here it's the same, everybody is not "lvl 60", but still anyone have a chance to get it by playing a lot.

To player that want a "fast" access to HL, it's definitively not a game for them.
      I can agree, but I think that might be a problem considering this game is a just bit too grindy for a western mmorpg. Ive spent roughly 200-300 hours of gathering just to get one type of gathering to T7.. Ive played a lot of mmos, but I think there is a problem when more of the game is spent getting to endgame then on actual endgame content. Games like wow, aion, etc, the fun for me always started when I got to lvl cap then competitively played in pvp or did hard dungeons for a chance a good gear.