Purchasable LP with Gold

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• LordSilva schrieb:

MissBehave schrieb:

LordSilva schrieb:

Anything that a player can buy with real money and that allows him to advance in a certain parameter of the game is always considered as P2W regardless of whether or not there is some type of control or even very low limit that may not be considered an "advantage"
      In Albion, Premium accounts can be purchased for real money, and give a BONUS on the player's progress, increasing the speed with which it progresses in the game, but does not automatically give an increase in that evolution, as what this idea suggests.

Having a game in which those who have more hours of game have more advantages, YES, Having a game in which who has money, whether much or little, has more advantages, NO!
      If you have time to play but no money and I don't have time to play because I spend my time making real money then yours is Play2W and mine is Pay2W, the only people hurt by this are people with no time and no money.
      If you don't have time to play cause of your real life, you don't have time for... Gaming AlbionOnline or any other mmo game, cause the only ting you lose in AlbionOnline is TIME!
      In AlbionOnline you die and lose... "time" to get more gear, "time" to get more silver, "time" to get more fame! Its all TIME m8!
      Pay real time money to spend less time ONLINE in the game, is P2W!
      I do have time to play, just less time then some. I want to maximize the time I have by playing the game, not but grinding so I can someday play the game. There are many aspects of the game people complain about and a common response is “this game is not for you”. If the devs listen to that portion of the player base the devs will be looking for a new job. So if you are against P2W since AO already has that then maybe it is not for you.

How about a real life analogy. Let’s say you want a fast car. Some people with more time then money build one up themselves. Someone with more money then time buy one. They both have a fast car. The guy who built it can take pride building it, probably knows more about his car and may even be a better driver. The guy who bought his still has a fast car and has a ton of fun driving it.

So in case you did not know, life has many aspects you might call P2W. I might prefer to call them P2E or Pay 2 Enjoy.
    • To this I call to cut ways, or simply to arrange forms of power to circumvent the system for its own benefit.

"Some people with more time then money build one up themselves." (going to the game, requiring you to come online, and fame farm)
      "Someone with more money then time buy one." (simply PAY for the end game)

You can point all the real life analysis you want, in the end, is what it is and lots of players prefer to end the LP system (has often been suggested since Alphas and Betas), that having what this suggestion presents. NOP.

Peace!
    • MissBehave schrieb:

How about a real life analogy. Let’s say you want a fast car. Some people with more time then money build one up themselves. Someone with more money then time buy one. They both have a fast car. The guy who built it can take pride building it, probably knows more about his car and may even be a better driver. The guy who bought his still has a fast car and has a ton of fun driving it.
      Matery - Drivers experience.
      Car - Gear.
      You can buy car (and crush it), but cannot buy experience.
    • Fooky schrieb:

LordSilva schrieb:

In Albion, Premium accounts can be purchased for real money, and give a BONUS on the player's progress
      premium = subscriptionno premium = F2P game and you shouldn't have the same benefits as people with subscription.

Ability to Buy LP = higher cost for subscription = bad idea in my opinion.
      I think SBI may have missed the marketing boat. They should have had F2P, Standard subscription and Premium subscription. Stardard comes with 20 LP per day and Premium comes with 50 LP per day for a higher fee. If that was the structure from launch those that don’t like LP still would not like it, but there would not be a way to tell SBI to get rid of it.

Once you hit 60+ It takes a full days worth of LP per level after that. If I have more time on the weekend I can burn through an entire week of LP very quickly. Once my LP is gone I log off as it makes little sense to progress at 1/3 the speed.
    • I wouldn't be completely against them putting something like this in place, although I'd be down for higher tier subscription packages as mentioned above. For as many people that complain that the game is losing it's population and dieing out, I'm a little surprised that the people that are still here playing the game wouldn't want something as simple as this be a new area that SBI could gain profit from. It's really not that big of a deal to buy LP or at LEAST create a way where you can pay to get LP back out of perks that you no longer want to have unlocked/upgraded or not even pay, it would be nice to be free but I could see it being something that would cost players to do.

However, I don't think it should be bought with money but should be bought with Gold only that way all players can technically have a fair chance at it. It gives everyone more options to spend their gold, especially for those that buy gold with money.
    • Lamim schrieb:

[...] Games like wow, aion, etc, the fun for me always started when I got to lvl cap then competitively played in pvp or did hard dungeons for a chance a good gear.

I remember the time when MMORPG was MMO AND RPG. I feel like MMORPG are no longer RPG (e.g. WoW). Exploring a world full of misteries, tresures etc... Doing quest all around the world, getting new items to improve gear etc... The feel to level up and the need to think where we need to put our 1 talent point... etc. If you played Baldur's Gate, Divinity, Zelda, WoW Vanilla, Morrowind or irl RP you know what I'm talking about :D.

MMORPG was an RPG in which you could play with friend, not just an "End game competitive game". If you don't like the side "RPG", you still can play Dota, CS:GO, LoL in which the grinding and exploring aspect are very limited, but competition comes very fast. And that's 3 examples among many games (especially on steam).