Player Quest System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Player Quest System

Quests are standard on MMOs right now. We have to deal with that, to the fact that there are several players who enjoy doing quests. But are quest something that goes well with Albion essence? There used to be quests on alpha, but the reward weren't so great, and they were kind of repetitive anyways. So I propose (or well, it's barely a suggestion) to implement a new quest system, but since Albion is a sandbox game, this new quest system should have players at its core.

So, the idea is basically let players give other players quests. Writing a description (this would please RP players), asking for some items / mobs slayed / players killed / go to X dungeon and slay Y , all of it defined by the Quest Giver Player. Maybe a new building could be the way to do this (for example, by building a tabern / inn, and by leveling it up adds more quest types, etc). Both Quest Taker Player and Quest Giver Player should be rewarded, so there is some incentive to ask for things and for doing quests.

This would add more life to Albion and the content will come from the own players, making it according to Albion's philosophy.
    Personaje: Gryffyth | GM de "Honoris"

Reclutamiento: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/109192-Honoris-Recluta-jugadores-nuevos-y-experimentados/
  • i dont really think why somebody should make a pve quest when you dont get anythink as the questgiver

but pvp quest would be nice. something like a bounty on people you dont like and somebody who is killing that person and accepted the quest before gets some silver for that (of course with some tax to add another silver sink in the game)

everybody who wants to increase the bounty on a player can add more silver so the quest will be more important
    and everybody who wants to hunt can accept the quest and only one gets the reward and everybody else gets a message that he failed the quest

just my ideas ^^
  • Godwack wrote:

Quests for logistics has future.
    I really like this idea, Imagine if there was a post office in every major city, and in order to fulfill a transportation order, the player would first have to pay a deposit equal to the value of the goods being transported. The goods could then also be made into a non-tradeable bundle that only specifies its carry weight, this would eliminate people just paying the deposit for the items and then keeping the items simply because they needed them. The bundle either becomes destroyed (with a higher chance to trash then other items) or all its contents are revealed the moment a player dies with the bundle. The Quest giver can then decide his own Quest reward, and the amount of money that has to be paid for the deposit.

In this instance the quest giver has to make sure the items he wants transported are already at the post office they depart from, and converted into a transportation bundle for the quest taker to deliver to its designated city.

Another option could be for the quest giver to "Acquire X amount of certain goods, bring to post office, upon exchange of goods for Transportation bundle you pay the deposit and then you go on your way to the destination the quest giver specified.

In a system like this, there has to be a certain amount of (deductable risk) involved for both the quester and quest giver.
    Discord: Redsaw#6002
  • WTenij wrote:

i dont really think why somebody should make a pve quest when you dont get anythink as the questgiver

but pvp quest would be nice. something like a bounty on people you dont like and somebody who is killing that person and accepted the quest before gets some silver for that (of course with some tax to add another silver sink in the game)

everybody who wants to increase the bounty on a player can add more silver so the quest will be more important
    and everybody who wants to hunt can accept the quest and only one gets the reward and everybody else gets a message that he failed the quest

just my ideas ^^
    I think even in PVP situation there should be a larger reward for the quest giver, perhaps a share of the fame acquired when the bounty is fulfilled? Or a system where you gain a certain amount of points or tokens for every bounty you have ordered and seen fulfilled.

Maybe the player who put the bounty on someones head can even get a share of the loot, as soon as the guy with the bounty on his head dies... The loot that didnt trashed gets converted into a bounty bundle, The player can then deliver this bounty bundle to the place where bounties are made and collected (presumably in caerleon) and collect the reward in exchange for the bounty bundle. This also opens up an interesting mechanic where the players have to decide if they then want to keep the loot or collect the reward.

An important element to consider is that there shouldnt be way for people to abuse the bounty system, A player that knows he has a bounty on his head, can simply strip down and ask a friend to collect the bounty after he kills him if this isnt carefully implemented. I'd like to suggest that bounties arent visible for guild members, alliance members or friends of the person who has the bounty, and that the contract might not even specify the name of the person who has the bounty on his head, simply a notification when you are in a zone that states: "There is bounty to be collected in this area, hunt him/her/them down!" and then you can look through that area and find whoever has a bounty, indicated through a red skull above their head or something of the sorts. its important that names arent revealed as to make sure that the one who requested the bounty can't just be shorted everytime a bounty is placed.

These are just some thoughts, but I really like the idea of a bounty system that works as a sort of player quests. Would love to see this implemented in a way that isn't exploitable by players with bad intentions.
    Discord: Redsaw#6002