The city plot contest system is pure nonsense

• Jaime wrote:

I think the GvG system should be eliminated and make them ZvZ like in Eve so we can have wars where everybody matters. Right now it doesn't matter how good your 295 other guild members are, all that matter is how good your top 5 members are.
    I think if you look at Kay Patch plus the video from SBI on dev roadmap you see that they too realize that focusing the game onto 5 people intstead of 5000 was a mistake and they are changing this as the game evolves making GvG more for e-peen and ZvZ more for territory control.
  • GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

I think the GvG system should be eliminated and make them ZvZ like in Eve so we can have wars where everybody matters. Right now it doesn't matter how good your 295 other guild members are, all that matter is how good your top 5 members are.
    I think if you look at Kay Patch plus the video from SBI on dev roadmap you see that they too realize that focusing the game onto 5 people intstead of 5000 was a mistake and they are changing this as the game evolves making GvG more for e-peen and ZvZ more for territory control.
    I looked at it and the only change is that you can take control of territories once a month with ZvZ and that you will be able to get the territories' points of the new point system by zerging. GvGs are still going as important as they are now.

They haven't understand that what is killing the game is the GvG system. They are doing everything half-way.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jaime ().

• So yeah on this basically this is working how it was designed. They don't want city plots transferring hands and under attack constantly. they aren't for everyone (hence why they have guild islands)

Guilds have loads of chests that they would lose or have to move out of the city every time it was attacked on a 3rd shield... That would be super cumbersome and pointless.

FYI there is OPTION B which is what people are doing. Look at war legends. They sell there city plots to other guilds
  • Jaime wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

I looked at it and the only change is that you can take control of territories once a month with ZvZ and that you will be able to get the territories' points of the new point system by zerging. GvGs are still going as important as they are now.
    They haven't understand that what is killing the game is the GvG system. They are doing everything half-way.
    You will be able to de-facto control territories by killing guards and putting your own in... so basically you can only hold as many territories are your open world presence allows #ARCH420patch
  • GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

I looked at it and the only change is that you can take control of territories once a month with ZvZ and that you will be able to get the territories' points of the new point system by zerging. GvGs are still going as important as they are now.They haven't understand that what is killing the game is the GvG system. They are doing everything half-way.
    You will be able to de-facto control territories by killing guards and putting your own in... so basically you can only hold as many territories are your open world presence allows #ARCH420patch
    Yeah but you won't own the territory for GvG purpose.
  • Jaime wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

Jaime wrote:

I looked at it and the only change is that you can take control of territories once a month with ZvZ and that you will be able to get the territories' points of the new point system by zerging. GvGs are still going as important as they are now.They haven't understand that what is killing the game is the GvG system. They are doing everything half-way.
    Yeah but you won't own the territory for GvG purpose.
    Oh shit -- my epeen!
  • Well it doesn't take an astrophysicist to understand that in a full loot PVP game with a massive power gap that's only decreasable with hundreds and hundreds of hours of grind is going to be a nightmare for new people to get competitive.
    Like the game is not even an year from launch and good luck finding new people/guilds approaching the scene.
    And that's just because
    POWER GAP

Who didn't know this would happen?
  • Mehfisto wrote:

Well it doesn't take an astrophysicist to understand that in a full loot PVP game with a massive power gap that's only decreasable with hundreds and hundreds of hours of grind is going to be a nightmare for new people to get competitive.
    Like the game is not even an year from launch and good luck finding new people/guilds approaching the scene.
    And that's just because
    POWER GAP

Who didn't know this would happen?
    It takes exactly 2 hours to get competitive for ZvZ fights.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Mehfisto wrote:

I thought I just read 2 pages about how it's impossible to take towns from people geared T8.2 with spec points etc etc

You didn't.

You read two pages about how its impossible to take towns from people when they have +30% defender bonus.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Personally im not sure who is happier in this game... those with a town plot or those without. I think all town plots should be just removed in their current form...

Guilds with townplots are grinding themselves to burnout with upgrading -> maintaining -> gvg. for what? Closer respawn and +5% resource return. Townplots also make it super hard for your guild to take a break so people just keep playing a game they already are tired off and start hating it.

The longer i play albion the more flawed i think the whole outland territory conquest gameplay is.