About new and old vanity items.

• Korn schrieb:

UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

lustweed schrieb:

As I understand it, you would use the skin vanity item and it would apply to a skin slot, affecting a corresponding equipment slot. The effect would remain until replaced by another skin and wouldn't be affected by death.
      ok thx , but : one time use (wear off mean destroy) / untradable (often mmo call it bound to char) / normal (excepy infinite durability) consumable (lets hope according to albion spirit ) ?
      Or one time use and then added to a menu from where you can choose to apply any skin you ever used. This could be tradable as long as it's not used (like potion or food ...). I don't quite know ;)
      That's our plan.
      Now, different vanity skins would be acquired through different means. Some might be unlocks for doing certain tasks, other might be consumable items dropped by mobs as outlined above, and others might be sold for gold from the vanity merchant.
      How about craftable skins, such as the pumpkin pip used to purchase, have some rare drops that you collect from all over the world and you would say refine black lotus into your wood planks then craft the black lotus nature staff. the skin would be a second item along with the staff you made....

Or on the thought.. Perhaps just have rare craftables such as black lotus staves... something for the super rich to buy but also be able to lose. Perhaps for their rarity they get a bonus BUT NOT to Stats. I would actually give them bonus chance to not trash maybe.. so that people would have them and even without skins visible they obviously still would be since it is the item. then people could fight over them and trade them around in the markets.

Finally as i just said so people can trade them in the market. some way to craft skins would be nice. crafters with certain skills can make things other players cant giving crafting some value. But also Maybe skins shouldnt be permanent. Maybe just not dropped on death and persistent.

How about 1 month skins. I get a rare skin i can use it for a month. after the month i then would have to purchase/craft/find another if i still want it.
      People then can use them without fear of losing it to combat, BUT also the market gets to sell them and they have value because people will always want to replace them.
    • Korn schrieb:

lustweed schrieb:

As I understand it, you would use the skin vanity item and it would apply to a skin slot, affecting a corresponding equipment slot. The effect would remain until replaced by another skin and wouldn't be affected by death.
      ok thx , but : one time use (wear off mean destroy) / untradable (often mmo call it bound to char) / normal (excepy infinite durability) consumable (lets hope according to albion spirit ) ?
      Or one time use and then added to a menu from where you can choose to apply any skin you ever used. This could be tradable as long as it's not used (like potion or food ...). I don't quite know ;)
      That's our plan.
      Now, different vanity skins would be acquired through different means. Some might be unlocks for doing certain tasks, other might be consumable items dropped by mobs as outlined above, and others might be sold for gold from the vanity merchant.

I think if y'all added some sort of reason for players to socialize/hang out in cities/islands, then these vanity items will really take off.
      -Never show weakness-
    • I would rather see them ingredience to craft a costume from it together with a normal armor.This way you could loot it in Pvp, but it would still have usable stats.

Concerning the 'reading' of armor : Maybee costumes lower the itempower of the armor - so you have the sandboxy choise "Do I disguise my armor and take some IP reduction or do I run with full IP, but undisguised"

Keep it sandboxy,not just skinns that everybody has and never looses.
    • What I would love to see is vanity items that come from PvP. When you execute someone the person doing the killing (this person only) can take a souvenir. This person has the option of taking a head, an ear, intestines, a finger, a hand, etc. Either a new npc or possibly a butcher allows you to process these so you can extract the skull, brain, finger bones, and such. A set of vanity slots would be added so you can have these displayed on a belt, necklace, armband, whatever.

I really want a bunch of skulls hanging from my belt.

Perhaps diplay furniture can be added to display trophies in yer home or guild island.
    • Neu

Raithe schrieb:

What I would love to see is vanity items that come from PvP. When you execute someone the person doing the killing (this person only) can take a souvenir. This person has the option of taking a head, an ear, intestines, a finger, a hand, etc. Either a new npc or possibly a butcher allows you to process these so you can extract the skull, brain, finger bones, and such. A set of vanity slots would be added so you can have these displayed on a belt, necklace, armband, whatever.

I really want a bunch of skulls hanging from my belt.

Perhaps diplay furniture can be added to display trophies in yer home or guild island.
      I remember picking up other players ear back in Diablo II. Your idea approaches us to a cannibal holocaust and I'm with you, it just fits the Albion essence having a vanity set made of other players tears.
      IGN: Teresa.

Guild Master <Mortis Causa>
    • Neu

Yeah the mud I play you can get your friends heads lopped off....then make them into bags, pouches, helms, etc. It made things really fun. The devs would just had you get an in-game mail from the player and if they gave permission they would keep the player name on it and all so you could keep your friends close.

Side banter done....the above is a comment and not an interjection of desired implementation (this post)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Raithe ()