Player Population

• dadaas wrote:

You can measure the carleon activity. Once in peak hours hits below 100, then we will pass the point of no return. Since the new patch have bring more problems than goods: useless mount, mega mounts not availabel to standard players, rare OP weapons also not availabel to standard players and the only good thing was reset of territories, once that is over now, those that quit before will quit again... and bring with them more people, the only problem is that new update is coming in like 3 months.
      …………………

P.S. legendary founder here from the earliest Alphas and Betas speaking here....
      i started playing from the beta, I would say player population now is even lesser than the most recent beta which a lot of player quit because of the wipe is coming in (a lot of them quits the game entirely after they played Albion after release), and a lot of my friend from betas that loved the game who plays few hours daily quits/ quit being active now.

I think the Hector is when everything gets bored because it completely negates trading between royal cities, strongly nerfs benefits for royal zones and moving the entire focus of the game into caerleon. I think Devs are trying way too hard on forcing players into black zone pvping , meanwhile most players consider black zone PvP is the end game content but is only a small part of the game, only hardcore black zone big guilds may benefit from it.

I think the old design was better, player gains different kind of resource and access to different black zones in different cities, encourages trading and PvP within royal content, and well divided player groups in each zones. It wasn't ideally made and have unbalanced and incomplete places but the concept itself was just better than the caerleon everything concept that we have now.

Although devs did tried hard to bringing new ideas of play styles and items/maps/dungeon, so the game isn't just about 'kill and survive' , or 'carebears are all abandoned and only the brave enjoys the Game', things has gone better for newer players and they even have access to territory for a certain degree after Kay, yet that just cant cover up how much albion wounds itself on Hector.

The post was edited 12 times, last by Furinkazan: Sigh typing such an essay on cell phone with auto fixing is a pain. ().

• Furinkazan wrote:

i started playing from the beta, I would say player population now is even lesser than the most recent beta which a lot of player quit because of the wipe is coming in (a lot of them quits the game entirely after they played Albion after release), and a lot of my friend from betas that loved the game who plays few hours daily quits/ quit being active now.
      Which Wipe ??? The game will restart for everyone ?
    • GE3Kz wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

Dunno if ye trollin but ima answer den

the server wiped when releast
    • Soren_Kierkegaard wrote:

GE3Kz wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

Dunno if ye trollin but ima answer den

the server wiped when releast
      Och noes! (just wanted to say somethin')
    • Furinkazan wrote:

I think the Hector is when everything gets bored because it completely negates trading between royal cities, strongly nerfs benefits for royal zones and moving the entire focus of the game into caerleon. I think Devs are trying way too hard on forcing players into black zone pvping , meanwhile most players consider black zone PvP is the end game content but is only a small part of the game, only hardcore black zone big guilds may benefit from it.

I think the old design was better, player gains different kind of resource and access to different black zones in different cities, encourages trading and PvP within royal content, and well divided player groups in each zones. It wasn't ideally made and have unbalanced and incomplete places but the concept itself was just better than the caerleon everything concept that we have now.

Although devs did tried hard to bringing new ideas of play styles and items/maps/dungeon, so the game isn't just about 'kill and survive' , or 'carebears are all abandoned and only the brave enjoys the Game', things has gone better for newer players and they even have access to territory for a certain degree after Kay, yet that just cant cover up how much albion wounds itself on Hector.

Lying. I've been playing since the beginning of the beta. So:

1) The black zones were dead in the beta. I could ride a horse 6 hours in a row and no one was found! It was terribly boring.

2) Bay auctions were empty. Carleon too. Prices there were 2-3 times higher. But no one there did not buy anything.

3) In the Carleon was not more than 20 people.

4) The population in provincial cities(like Thetford) was 300 at the start and 100 at the end.

5) Fort Sterling was the capital of trade and had the largest population. In other provincial cities, everything was more expensive x1.5 times and very few goods.
    • Clu wrote:

Lying. I've been playing since the beginning of the beta. So:

1) The black zones were dead in the beta. I could ride a horse 6 hours in a row and no one was found! It was terribly boring.

2) Bay auctions were empty. Carleon too. Prices there were 2-3 times higher. But no one there did not buy anything.

3) In the Carleon was not more than 20 people.

4) The population in provincial cities(like Thetford) was 300 at the start and 100 at the end.

5) Fort Sterling was the capital of trade and had the largest population. In other provincial cities, everything was more expensive x1.5 times and very few goods.

You find black zone empty because 70% of it is ruled by oops and the 'Red Army', which is the current money guild, so everyone else has lesser access right other than them,
      and depends on the time of the day you play there will be different amount of people present in a zone. And at the end of the beta, everyone was just dueling in city, no one goes to black zone,
      they dont even want to gather nor fame farm. only new player who just joined the game during that time still gathers and farms, meanwhile they didnt even have a thought about going to the black zone.
      Or, you find black zone empty is because you forgot to count yourself.

no one sells at bay auctions, just like the current beginner cities. and they werent empty, there just wasnt much decent goods.

caerleon was just like the current side cities, ironically their population switched after the hector patch,
      and the end of the beta, most players/guilds has their properties and islands already settled in provincial cities,
      most of them find it unwilling to move their home, they were just dueling in the cities at the end anyways.

fort sterling was unbalanced, that was true, because it has the most access to black zones and mercia, most people would choose to sell their higher tier items in fort sterling because they will have higher level and more customers,
      because red army and most stronger guilds were located there.

everything other than your black zone population are only proving that i am correct, i do not understand why are you calling me lying for. and the count on black zone population can be incorrect due to varieties of reasons, but at least, the 6 hours when you were there searching, it wasnt empty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Furinkazan ().

• I played about 1 month in beta and 3 months during release. I'm not impressed with release or changes up to this point so I'll continue to play other games. Devs should go back to beta format: BZ towns, remove the Caerleon world portal, reveal global population stats, and listen to the community. As long as the developer team stays disconnected from the playerbase, ignoring concerns, then it signals to me this game has no future.

Too bad, AO had a lot of promise and has wasted most of it. Is there anything left, any hope? Looks grim at the moment.
    • Problem is not aboot caerleon capital city, problem is dullness of activity and lack of content.
      Now its only 2 ways:
      1. grind, grind, grind, go to fight, get zerged, dead. Rinse and repeat.
      2. gather, gather, gather, get zerged by direwolfs gankers, dead. Rinse and repeat.

People wishing of new content.
      And stop add stupid rules to "sandbox" game. All that "anti-leashing mechanic", "focus fire mechanic", "antizerg mechanic" are stupid rules that must not exist. It makes sandbox much less sandboxy.

You can't blame SBI for trying to sell their product. As an independant company they survive only on the sales of their game. And they can't thrive only on the niche of hardcore players and whales. They ought to widen their target.
      and i would say most hardcore usually are in no need of buying subscription for their premium with irl money, and is only a small population of the game. so in a game marketing perspective giving updates in favour of the larger player base is actually the right choice. and most people who are active on this forum are hardcore players so we dont really see comments otherwise.

You can't blame SBI for trying to sell their product. As an independant company they survive only on the sales of their game. And they can't thrive only on the niche of hardcore players and whales. They ought to widen their target.
      Most players in the Albion are hardcore gamers. We came here only because here you can kill and rob. Changing the content in the direction of casualization will lead to an outflow of hardcore players, but it still can not keep casual players here. Because from the point of view of casual games, the Albion is not competitive. And he will not be able to compete with millions of casual games. Therefore, to occupy a certain niche (hardcore), where there are very few competitors - this is the right decision.
    • hardcorness have to have its own limits.
      imagine truly hardcore game, where caerleon itself is black zone, no bubbles, one top guild perma-occupied all portals and you die 1 sec after respawn.
      stop... no respawn anymore, your character get deleted upon death.
      question is, where the limits of hardcorness should be.
      Imho we getting into nice hardcore/casual balance and it is good for community.
    • Clu wrote:

Soren_Kierkegaard wrote:

Most players in the Albion are hardcore gamers. We came here only because here you can kill and rob.
      Buhahaha. Hardkor players? Maybe hardkor morons.
      For me hardkor always means skills + time. Good game is like sport. Sport is like rivalry together with rules.
      Sandbox game is not real life. Nobody is forced to play.

Not every hardkor players want play like total dishonorable morons. But without rules only this type of play gives profits.
      I told many times devs should delate any rules from this sandbox game. And this will be "the best" update and the last update :D
    • There is so much to do in this game...
      People are just lazy and do what others do :)

I still up my cooking skill now, and by selling omelettes i can see how many player still play this game...
      1 stack of omelettes sells itself in less than 1 hour in Caerleone.

There are still lots of players in this game, and there is still reason to play it - especially for "hardcore" players, because they can afford for things that other players can't :)