Lymhurst is Dead

• Lymhurst is Dead

There are usually 20 or less people in town regardless of when I log in. There are just not enough people based out of Lymhurst to sustain a real market place. Its very hard to sell anything there now, which is driving away the few who remain in an economic death cycle. I finally took the huge hit (had a T5 island) and moved base to Caerleon. I'm not sure what impact this will have on the game, and to anyone who has been playing MMOs the "Ironforge effect" was inevitable I guess. But still its sad to see (and painful to all us who bought an island there!).
  • The whole "resources price based on area" & trade routes died with the caerleon map changes.

They should just link all of the starter markets, or better yet drop blue zones down to the levels they should be and add more yellow/red or even a couple black for noobs. The very beginning towns too are absolutely dead, I made a new char last week and there were literally 0 people (0 on the map) in the first 2 maps I was in.
  • Currently in Lymhurst ~60 players main street + some at bank&market... Saw some newbies around. Not too bad.
    RU: http://youtube.com/streamguild – streams; http://youtube.com/igroglaz – news&review.
    EN: http://youtube.com/GlazGame – streams; http://youtube.com/GameGlaz – MMORPG news&reviews
  • Shadari wrote:

Midgard wrote:

extecy wrote:

remove bank on calreon solve so many problems
    How would this solve anything?
    Caerleon bank is pretty useless anyway. Simply store stuff on your island. you can have different chests to organize your stuff and you don't have the map change delay when warping to island or out
    I used to do this until ...some players reported their entire islands-worth of goods disappearing during a hotfix

never again xD
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
  • Saya wrote:

Shadari wrote:

Midgard wrote:

extecy wrote:

Caerleon bank is pretty useless anyway. Simply store stuff on your island. you can have different chests to organize your stuff and you don't have the map change delay when warping to island or out
    I used to do this until ...some players reported their entire islands-worth of goods disappearing during a hotfix
    never again xD
    Sounds bad (if it is really true). but then i did be more worried about all the resources in the buildings, as they are more worth then the stuff i have in my chests.
    Anyway, if you play the game by "i'm worried that there might be a bug and some of my stuff might disappear because of this and somehow this bug was so big that it even affected the game logs so the stuff cannot even be restored" - then playing any game is probably a bad idea...
    What makes you think that items in the bank are more save then on the island?

The only "safety" issue i see with the island is that if you mess up your permissions, you might some day login and suddenly find your stuff gone.
  • Shadari wrote:

Saya wrote:

Shadari wrote:

Midgard wrote:

extecy wrote:

I used to do this until ...some players reported their entire islands-worth of goods disappearing during a hotfixnever again xD
    Sounds bad (if it is really true). but then i did be more worried about all the resources in the buildings, as they are more worth then the stuff i have in my chests.Anyway, if you play the game by "i'm worried that there might be a bug and some of my stuff might disappear because of this and somehow this bug was so big that it even affected the game logs so the stuff cannot even be restored" - then playing any game is probably a bad idea...
    What makes you think that items in the bank are more save then on the island?

The only "safety" issue i see with the island is that if you mess up your permissions, you might some day login and suddenly find your stuff gone.
    the first issue I saw reported was a hotfix wiping items from chests on personal and guild islands, the second was what you described... permissions being reset and thieves clearing out islands they had access to!

I don't think that the town banks are any safer but have yet to read about issues there so I will use those for now xD
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
  • They really didn't think the current iteration on the map through - no Black Zone cities, no connection to Black Zone out of Caerleon.

50% of the Royal Lands were marginalized by Day 7. By 2 months and a half in, every city but Caerleon is 100% obsolete.

On their previous versions, with numerous ways to get to the Black Zones, these cities always had some traffic.