Gear "levels"

• Gear "levels"

Hello

I'm playing Albion just for few days but i'll be able today to wear tier 5 gear and here is my question:

For now i have 4.3 set and i wonder if 5.2 items are better then 4.3 ? It's not easy to judge this just by looking at stats... (especially as a new player) so i would like some advice. Should i go for 5.2 gear (5.3 it's too expensive for me) or should i stay with current 4.3 ?

Regards
    • Vagabond schrieb:

4.3 = 5.2 = 6.1 = 7.0
      Does this not bother anyone though?

I really think 1 should be better than the other... i suppose the enchantment level is normally cheaper right now, but I would think when someone tells me its a rare ect. that it would be vastly more powerful than regular daggers..

I just think maybe enchantments should have an extra stat boost that regular item does not have.
    • It does and it doesnt. It does as i would love to see truly powerful weapons again that are both fun and impressive. It is also very odd considering the amount of farming needed after t4 to get to t5. But thats really just perceptual. At least as far as I can discern if you focus on masteries these x.x start to matter a lot more. Tier is almost whatever....almost, at least when you compare tier effects to mastery bonuses and then combine them.
    • What you have to realize also is that some skills/abilities are only available on the HIGHER tier weapons, while the lower tiers (even enchanted) will not have all the skills on them.

Also, due to the percentages on finding enchanted materials out in the world, it is much harder to find a 4.3 than it is to find a 5.2 or even a 6.1 node. So, in theory, the higher tiers should be more prevalent and cheaper, even though they require more farming and refining.
    • Raithe schrieb:

Where are you seeing new weapons as I am not.
      albiononline.com/en/news/roadmap-joseph-kay-2017

"Relics and relic level artifacts will finally be added into Albion, releasing a large amount of new artifact gear into the metagame" (new weapons AND armor)

and I also just noticed this when re-reading the "Kay" update notes:

"In addition, everyone who participated will also have access to various powerful rewards, including some all new and awesome battle mounts. These mounts have abilities which make them extremely desirable to use in large scale battle operations in the open world."

Can we say Eve Online equvalents of Capital ships?!?! OMG!
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • The balance is currently so questionable with the stuff they have in game, no idea why they're adding MORE weapons and armor.

I know perfect balance is something that'll never happen, but shooting for each weapon group to have a weapon that's strong in 5v5s and ZvZs is not an unreasonable request before plopping a bunch more stuff into the mix. Hell, there's currently some specific weapons that are amazing in all content (Clarent Blade, as an example) and some whole weapon groups that are terrible in both 5v5 and ZvZ (Daggers, as an example)
    • RockLobster schrieb:

The balance is currently so questionable with the stuff they have in game, no idea why they're adding MORE weapons and armor.

I know perfect balance is something that'll never happen, but shooting for each weapon group to have a weapon that's strong in 5v5s and ZvZs is not an unreasonable request before plopping a bunch more stuff into the mix. Hell, there's currently some specific weapons that are amazing in all content (Clarent Blade, as an example) and some whole weapon groups that are terrible in both 5v5 and ZvZ (Daggers, as an example)
      right, but I think by adding more variety to the weapons and armor - it should make it easier to balance stuff - because you can see the full picture. Just my own opinion though.

You want to have "all of your ingredients ready" before you start cooking so to speak - so you don't have to run out to the store half way in.

I think once all (3) tiers (rune, soul, relic) of artifacts are out, SBI will finally be able to "look at the full picture" and balance it all in 1 go.

Instead right now if they balance daggers for ganking (just as an example) and then release a new relic artifact dagger in December - it may feel lackluster and they would have to do a balance pass once again.

Just my 2 cents.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • I think ganking is too narrow a thing to balance an entire weapon group around. That's more of a thing that specific weapons should be considered for.

For example, balance Claws for Ganking - fine. I don't need to show up for GvGs/5v5s with Claws. But Bloodletters, Black Hands, Dagger or Dagger Pair - at least one of these - should be a strong option for ZvZs and another should be a strong option for GvG/Competative. If you can look at an entire weapon group and not really find use for them in 90% of PvP occasions in this game, you really gotta get back to the drawing board.

Likewise, I don't think it's the end of the world if a weapon group doesn't have a weapon balanced specifically for ganking. As long as you have one person in a group of 3-7 that specialize in locking down, I think you're golden. It's not like your going to get kicked out of a gank group for showing up with a Fire Staff... "No, we'd rather have no one than you..."