About renewing my premium.

• About renewing my premium.

we all know that SBI wants to decrease the value of silver. So that paying for premium with in game currency becomes impossible. Yes there are silver sinking mechanism but these are not enough to balance current economy. It is also true that they can't pay their mployees with ingame currency, so they need to sell golds/premium. I respect that.

Now my stand is: without good contents, people will less likely to spend more on this game. I have stored two/three years premium worth of gold but I am not gonna renew my premiumm just for watering/crafting purpose (focus)... I will sit back and watch how far albion goes with its current state. we already noticed that the numbers are falling. our friends are leaving, even some popular streamers left. Albion with much potential in its beta stages, now it is going to fall? will albion give us something which will bring back fun playing? instead of winter stag decoration and more fireworks?

(ps: I know focus mechanism is implemented so that non-premium player/characters gets nothing. Give us something worth spending more money instead of carrot farming. We will spend...Thank you SBI)
  • First off, the benefits of Premium extend far beyond just getting 10,000 focus per day.
    • +20 learning points per day
    • +50% extra silver (and loot) from mobs
    • +50% extra fame from killing mobs
    • +50% gathering yield when gathering resources
    • +100% crop yield from farms
    • Lower cost (lower taxes) when using the AH in any city
    They have stated that they intended the "Premium" to act like a soft-subscription model. Yes, you can play without paying for premium but it will be much slower in every aspect of the game, and you will get less silver/resources to pay for other things that are critical within the game.

Also, you are putting the company in a real bind with your "demands". You want them to develop all this new content, but don't want to give them the money they need in order to fund the developers to create this new content. See where the irony is in that statement? If you like the game and play it a lot, then support the development team and spend some money. If you are on the fence about it, then fine, continue to play without premium.
  • Frostorm wrote:

we all know that SBI wants to decrease the value of silver. So that paying for premium with in game currency becomes impossible. Yes there are silver sinking mechanism but these are not enough to balance current economy. It is also true that they can't pay their mployees with ingame currency, so they need to sell golds/premium. I respect that.
    Nobody is paying Silver for Premium status directly. What actually happens is the Silver is used to buy Gold on the player-driven exchange market, then that Gold is used to buy Premium Status.

So it doesn't matter to SBI if you buy Premium Status with Gold or Silver, the end result is the same: Gold is removed from the economy. And Gold cannot be generated in any other way other than someone buying it. So your theory makes no sense.
  • @UnholyKiller

u missed my point, I said I will spend more money if there are more contents coming. Btw um a legendary founder here who already paid a respectable amount and willing to pay more. just not for the current state of the game.

@Elsa I did not said player should pay premium using silver only/directly. I said your balancing system of silver sinking ratio is not working quite well. based on that I said you guys want to decrease the value of silver by putting more silver in the world. you, me and we all will see how we doing after 6 month or 1 year :)
  • Elsa wrote:

Frostorm wrote:

Nobody is paying Silver for Premium status directly. What actually happens is the Silver is used to buy Gold on the player-driven exchange market, then that Gold is used to buy Premium Status.
    So it doesn't matter to SBI if you buy Premium Status with Gold or Silver, the end result is the same: Gold is removed from the economy. And Gold cannot be generated in any other way other than someone buying it. So your theory makes no sense.
    To quote a Patch notes:
    "This is how the mechanism will work from a player point of view. What our system will do “in the background" - but only if the gold/silver rate is smaller than 100 - is the following: it will take the silver you paid. It will use that silver to buy gold from the player market. It will take that gold out of the game. If the gold/silver rate is higher than 100, than nothing special will happen, the expense will simply be taken in silver."

So there is a mechanism to bring gold back into the game without players purchasing it.
  • Nottma wrote:

To quote a Patch notes:
    "This is how the mechanism will work from a player point of view. What our system will do “in the background" - but only if the gold/silver rate is smaller than 100 - is the following: it will take the silver you paid. It will use that silver to buy gold from the player market. It will take that gold out of the game. If the gold/silver rate is higher than 100, than nothing special will happen, the expense will simply be taken in silver."

You're quoting a post that's well over 2 years old. Read the post to see the full context:

Korn wrote:

Swap transactions

Gold also plays an indirect role in so called swap transactions, depending on the gold/silver exchange rate in the player-driven market. These work as follows:

• For certain in-game expenses, we will be introducing a player market driven swap mechanism that will give discounts on silver prices if there is too much gold in the game. You will get the discount whether you have gold or not.
    • The mechanism works in the following way:
    • Assume that the gold/silver rate set by the game is 100 to 1 (last alpha, it was 10 to 1)
    • Assume that a certain action such as repairing an item would normally cost you 1.000 silver
    • Now, if the gold/silver rate in the player market is lower than 100, say it is 80, you will actually get a discount on the repair: instead of paying 1.000 silver, you will only pay 800 silver.
    • In general, the discount on your silver costs is the same as the percentage that the player driven gold/silver rate trades below the reference rate.
    • If, on the other hand, the gold/silver rate in the player market is higher than 100, then you will still pay 1.000 silver - you will not have to pay more. So, in a nutshell, if there is too much gold in the world, the silver cost for doing certain activities will decrease.
    This is how the mechanism will work from a player point of view. What our system will do “in the background" - but only if the gold/silver rate is smaller than 100 - is the following: it will take the silver you paid. It will use that silver to buy gold from the player market. It will take that gold out of the game. If the gold/silver rate is higher than 100, than nothing special will happen, the expense will simply be taken in silver. From an economic point of view, what this does is the following: if there is too much gold in the game, everybody will benefit as the silver prices for certain activities will come down. On top of that, if there is too much gold in the game such that the gold/silver ratio is higher than 100, it will act as a gold sink, which will help our business model. We believe that this creates a really cool win-win-win situation between us as a developer, people who do not mind spending some money on the game and people who want to play entirely for free.

What this post is referring to is the player-driven exchange market, Global Discount and the underlying mechanics of it. This has nothing to do with buying Premium Status.

Nottma wrote:

So there is a mechanism to bring gold back into the game without players purchasing it.

How did you come to that conclusion? It literally says the opposite of that:

Korn wrote:

It will use that silver to buy gold from the player market. It will take that gold out of the game. /.../ it will act as a gold sink
  • Wow. Thanks for the quote Elsa. I did not know that SBI was greedy like that. I am not sure what you tried to prove using this quote but if anything you proved the OP right. If SBI takes gold out of the market like that it really explains why the cost of gold is increasing. In essence this is 100% the same thing as selling silver directly to the players which I always thought they did not do. In fact this makes the game a p2w. You buy gold using RM, SBI buys your gold using silver they generated. So what happened is that you bought silver SBI generated. Now since this silver is only generated through the discount mechanism this little evil scheme is going to stop when silver to gold ration reaches 1000 and there is no more discount. This system is clearly designed to slowly push the cost of gold to 1000 silver. I always defended SBI's business model until now, and I feel this is disgusting and SBI has been mostly lying when they say they did not sell in game currency for RM.
  • Elarahis wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the quote Elsa. I did not know that SBI was greedy like that. I am not sure what you tried to prove using this quote but if anything you proved the OP right. If SBI takes gold out of the market like that it really explains why the cost of gold is increasing. In essence this is 100% the same thing as selling silver directly to the players which I always thought they did not do. In fact this makes the game a p2w. You buy gold using RM, SBI buys your gold using silver they generated. So what happened is that you bought silver SBI generated. Now since this silver is only generated through the discount mechanism this little evil scheme is going to stop when silver to gold ration reaches 1000 and there is no more discount. This system is clearly designed to slowly push the cost of gold to 1000 silver. I always defended SBI's business model until now, and I feel this is disgusting and SBI has been mostly lying when they say they did not sell in game currency for RM.
    What are you even saying?!?

Your whole understanding of gold, silver, and purchasing premium is incorrect, and because of that your whole post is based on wrong information.
  • Elarahis wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the quote Elsa. I did not know that SBI was greedy like that. I am not sure what you tried to prove using this quote but if anything you proved the OP right. If SBI takes gold out of the market like that it really explains why the cost of gold is increasing. In essence this is 100% the same thing as selling silver directly to the players which I always thought they did not do. In fact this makes the game a p2w. You buy gold using RM, SBI buys your gold using silver they generated. So what happened is that you bought silver SBI generated. Now since this silver is only generated through the discount mechanism this little evil scheme is going to stop when silver to gold ration reaches 1000 and there is no more discount. This system is clearly designed to slowly push the cost of gold to 1000 silver. I always defended SBI's business model until now, and I feel this is disgusting and SBI has been mostly lying when they say they did not sell in game currency for RM.
    Greedy? You think this is a charity? SBI is a business with bills to pay. The point is to make money, as much as possible. Otherwise, what's the purpose?