Crossbow Line... Forgotten?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Crossbow Line... Forgotten?

Daggers, Swords, Axes, Nature, Holy, Arcane, etc.

You know what weapon I NEVER see in the OP/UP section? You guessed it.

Multiple Choice:

Crossbows are never talked about because...

A) They are perfectly balanced and there's simply no need.

B) They are so under powered that literally no one plays them and therefore no one cares enough to make a post about how weak they are.

C) Best kept secret in the game. Broken as hell. Shhhhh...... I was never here....

D) Crossbows? There are Crossbows in this game?
    • They're basically an okay physical damage caster kit. They're okay. The whole line could use some diversity as each one is just some variation of the other...they could've given one some mobility or more CC or at least made the CC/utility aspect more feasible than being forced to run heavy with silence and the E interrupt.
    • Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

There is a crossbow in many top tier gvg team.

As long as a weapon is very good at something not likely to be top priority to "fix".

Xbow is good in 5v5's, good in pve not that great in zvz and terrible in open world gsnking.
      Never said there was anything to "fix".

More or less looking for community sentiment as to why it's arguably the least discussed weapon (not the least used, not the weakest, the least discussed weapon).

T7 Crossbow main here. I'm with you. I choose option A)

It's great at what it does and nothing else. It has a niche without pushing other weapons out of viability.

It fills the "turret" slot quite nicely (if that's what you want). Great ranged DPS in exchange for little / no mobility.
    • How so crossbow apart from heavy ( the only one useful) severely lacks cc, dmg , i mean theres a reason they are so rare to see people using, the cast on snipe at 3 seconds is horrible plenty of time for them pop a defensive, it has the lowest dmg per second of any weapon of the same tier, its not a true ranged so it shouldnt suffer in the dmg department as it has virtually no cc, apart from silence (kind of ok still lacks abit of dmg) or caltrops (terribly bad waste of spot) but losing sunder shot is not possible so silence is rarely used it doesnt even silence that long really. even then with its q,w having no cc to escape and having by far the longest cast times in the game only rivaled by fire mage meteor strike, for little dmg its not a mobile class, also its e snipe (3 sec cast) does same dmg as bloodletter e (instant) i mean honestly look at how many people are using crossbow because i cant see many.
    • If you actually read the statistics crossbow is one of the least used weapon lines and has no instant es, no cc to kite, i mean i did comment on your dagger thread with actual arguments to support my statement as to why bloodletter is a really great weapon (hence its use in gvg, openworld everything, (instant e ) same dmg as a crossbows e which is 3 second cast time. id prefer if you did the same instead trying to de rail my thread because i commented about your beloved blood letter which doesnt need a buff mate lol.
    • The only thing crossbow is missing is a less stupid lock-on Q ability.

Otherwise don't fuck up crossbow. Best single target pierce in the game, and highest burst damage if you ask me. (But I'm biaised)

T8 light crossbow soon to be 100 spec here. You would be suprised to see how a light crossbow can destroy a leather armor wearer with one skill rotation.

I've said it before, saying it again : Just because it's not in the freaking meta doesn't mean it's not viable. Almost every single team that starts to wreck people in GVGs is going out of the meta. Then everyone else copy the comp and the new meta is born. That's how heavy crossbow became popular.

With the new GVG maps having less chokes and diminishing returns on the frost, we will see some diversity on weapons; I feel like GVGs are going to be about CC-ing a target and bursting it down. Any crossbow is really good at that.
    • Asaroth schrieb:

If you actually read the statistics crossbow is one of the least used weapon lines and has no instant es, no cc to kite, i mean i did comment on your dagger thread with actual arguments to support my statement as to why bloodletter is a really great weapon (hence its use in gvg, openworld everything, (instant e ) same dmg as a crossbows e which is 3 second cast time. id prefer if you did the same instead trying to de rail my thread because i commented about your beloved blood letter which doesnt need a buff mate lol.
      I never said bloodletter needed buff, in fact i've been saying other daggers, not bloodletter, need buffs. It's u who seem to be fixated on bloodletter.
    • Asaroth schrieb:

We have One Ok weapon the heavy for 5s or zvz but right, no t8s in AH for any others lol, crossbow line been forgetten for months.
      If you played in any end game content, you'll find an Xbow in almost every team. It's balanced, and extremely powerful DPS slot with HUGE aoe burst potential. Yes, it lacks cc (Most ranged weapons do?), mobility (So do almost all ranged dps??), and makes up for that in burst DPS while providing 1 of only 2 ranged armor breaks in the game (Cursed hasn't been viable for 3 months+ now), making crossbows a crowd favorite.

Crossbow has been used and viable for GvG content since day one, and is still used today --- Most threads whine that they can't participate in GvG, here you are on every thread bitching you can't what, open world pvp? Stop playing solo and you can?

Be grateful you can use a cheaper version item (Heavy), fame farm easily (most teams love a crossbow for armor shred and nuke dps), be in the back row when pvp happens (Happily burst or run off), and roll out with a Siege Bow for ZvZ's (It has amazing viability - if you say otherwise it's because you simply need to get good and stop playing with blue guilds)

The reason it hasn't been touched much is because it's the ideal line all other weapons should be aiming for towards balance. Also you can't expect 1 weapon to perform exemplary in all facets of game-play.

Can you stop whining about irrelevant things please? Devs have better things to do then read your nonsense.
    • You obviously dont play Crossbow, I said heavy crossbow is fine hence its use if you can understand... its only really viable in teams and simply isnt used for openworld or soloing,Now thats not the issue as other classes like dagger (bloodletter, claws) and Bow Line (Warbow, whispering) , axes 2 Viable choices, quarterstaff, double bladed Fire (dmg, cc) Frost every otherline... whilst these classes can also do gvg and are needed for teams also, Crossbow only has 1 viable weapon thats only use is GVG or teams, The Heavy crossbow. The other weapons in the line simply arnt played at all for anything, they need an e rework, Whilst heavy is fine for teams only (sucks at openworld/solo) for the other crossbows in the line, im sure you can understand supply vs demand and in this case demand isnt there for anything apart from heavy available to be bought, name one weeping repeater or crossbow player end game, ive literally only seen 1 high level light crossbow player so pretty rare and 0 of the others, Quite alot of Heavy crossbow players though agreed, but less than fire or glaives and other meta im sure, also crossbow/cursed arnt only classes capable of a decent sundershot you have Axes which are strong along with Daggers which can provide a non stop continuous sunder armour debuff on target, Not too mention cursed Sunder can hit Multiple enemy targets and be combined with the damnation for even more sundery thundery sunder :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• StyleZ schrieb:

Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

There is a crossbow in many top tier gvg team.

As long as a weapon is very good at something not likely to be top priority to "fix".

Xbow is good in 5v5's, good in pve not that great in zvz and terrible in open world gsnking.
      Never said there was anything to "fix".
      More or less looking for community sentiment as to why it's arguably the least discussed weapon (not the least used, not the weakest, the least discussed weapon).

T7 Crossbow main here. I'm with you. I choose option A)

It's great at what it does and nothing else. It has a niche without pushing other weapons out of viability.

It fills the "turret" slot quite nicely (if that's what you want). Great ranged DPS in exchange for little / no mobility.
      if it's not underpowered or overpowered, there is legit nothing to discuss
    • Look were underfire from Non crossbow players with no sense of balance they just wanna smack crossbow players all day besides heavy, but look siegebow/boltcasters are extremely slow channels and interuptable / not even played, how is it acceptable when we only have had One weapon viable for Anything (Heavy crossbow) when just about all lines have 2+ or 1 for groups 1 for Openworld, stop being selfish kids and actually help the devs balance a game around underused/under represented Weapons, we get it Heavy crossbow is balanced but NONE OTHERS ARE/ NOT PLAYED / NOT EVEN 1 T8 Maxed player using any other Weapon, Ive seen dozens of Whispering t8s maxed / warbows leading the Killboard, like cmon get real Incompetent devs dont even analyse evidence via statistics to balance weapons they just buff/nerf whatever the masses cry about i.e BOW/Dagger players have So many players due to them being useful that they can just cry and SBI will think half the playerbase is upset.