War Report - Current issue #11 (17.10.)

• War Report - Current issue #11 (17.10.)

Hey all,

We are excited to get the Official War Report back on track with both a livestream and an accompanying article! This means that you can tune in every Friday during downtime at 10:00 UTC to get the first insights into the territorial warfare of that week in Albion with @Shozen and @Veetus, but still give our international communities the opportunity to keep record and look back on what happened the previous week through the article written by Shozen himself and sent you from the battle field.

We do plan to also Vodcast this show at 21:00 UTC to give you even more chances to tune in and discuss the latest happenings with the community!

In short, we will have alternating livestreams and article versions of the war report every week.

You can check out the latest War Report Vod here, and the latest article here!

We are very much looking forward to your feedback and hope to see you this Friday! ^^

Kind Regards,
      Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • I'll provide the Anglia update... since the only things worth talking about in Albion officially are Mercia, Cumbria and LordVicious.

The Wars For Anglia, the Black Zone Ghetto

Guilds who weren't lucky or knowledgeable enough to get an unsiegable plot in a good Black Zone spot by Day 2... but organized enough to actually get something... settled for land in Anglia.

Since then, no one has given a fuck.

In Eastern Anglia, some guilds no one cares about fight over land no one wants. I think there's some Brazilians in the mix. Brazilians are known for their fun attitudes and life philosophies, if not having 300 ping and costing Derrick his only official loss to Nilfgaard back in Mercia because the guy couldn't speak English or heal him in time.

In Western Anglia, tensions broil over between some Alliances no one cares about and PvP has happened. The exact nature of this PvP, or whether or not we should even consider it PvP since it's not in Mercia, has been called into question. It will be debated internally for some time. If a tree falls in Anglia, does it make a sound? Perhaps, but it's not gonna be .2 or .3... so who the fuck cares.

In Northern Anglia, fucks were almost given as Grey, a Mercia guild we give a fuck about, actually pushed through Roostcliff and took some territories. We speculated at their motives. Were they training their F teams? Were they just muscling in for the luls? Could this be a dawn of a new era, an era where fucks would be given about Anglia? It was a question with no easy answer.

In Southern Anglia, we debated on whether it should be called Southern Anglia, or whether we should just cut the paragraphs for Eastern and Western Anglia in half and merge them together so we didn't have to spend as much time on this.

As an aside, we find it strange that this Anglia War Report that no one gives a fuck about has better grammar than the other one. But, ultimately, we're pretty sure no one gives a fuck about grammar... so who gives a fuck.

This has been your Anglia update. Stay tuned for more.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• No mention of the OOPS/Woke NAP that's currently going on?

70 TC takes GoE warcamp, but MG throws the attack? :thinking:

No attacks on each other for a week despite multiple adjacent territories? :thinking:

The hosts of the war report represent OOPS (Shogun --> MG) / Woke (Veetus --> Fricks) and have made fun of NAP's in Mercia on their show in the past???? :thinking:

THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF FOUNDING THE WOKE ALLIANCE WAS TO LEAVE THE NAP LANDSCAPE PREVIOUSLY CREATED BY ZERG/OOPS?????????????????????? :thinking:

feels bad man
      59-3 gvg record on release | dont @ me
    • xyz schrieb:

The hosts of the war report represent OOPS (Shogun --> MG) / Woke (Veetus --> Fricks) and have made fun of NAP's in Mercia on their show in the past???? :thinking:
      I liked Shozen when he was independent... he was like: "Yeah, I'm in Money Guild. Yeah, I'm super biased. It's on the table and I'm doing this for fun, so I'll do what I find fun." Y'know what, it's the guys hobby. Fair fucking play.

But now that everything he does is apparently under SBI dev tags and presumably is getting money to do this for all of Albion, his bias is starting to be problematic. I won't lie - I'm in an Anglia guild and my report on Anglia was served with a little salt. It didn't bother me when Shozen was Shozen Inc., reporting on what he knew and ignoring what he didn't. But now that he's endorsed by SBI, I would expect less OOPS marketing pieces and more inclusiveness - like treating Anglia like it matters. Heck, in a time when Mercia/Cumbra guilds are dropping like flies now that burnout is kicking in... Anglia is rife with action and activity. Heck, just a few days ago, my Alliance spent 6 straight hours riding all around Western Anglia, defending our territories from raiding, raiding other enemy territories, pacifying warcamps... it was non-stop action.

But reading the now "official SBI war reports," you'd think OOPS was the only content Albion has and Anglia was a continent that they intended to delete in the last Beta and just forgot to.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• Cumbria isn't much different.

There was a huge war going on with loads of activity which ended in one alliance running for the hills (well, forest), NAPs, backstabs, double-backstabs, triple-backstabs, backroom politics, and homeboy Shozen wanders in with 0 clue and he's like "lol vicious bought a plot ooo".

If this guy is getting paid for this it's an even bigger joke. :D
    • Syndic schrieb:

Cumbria isn't much different.

There was a huge war going on with loads of activity which ended in one alliance running for the hills (well, forest), NAPs, backstabs, double-backstabs, triple-backstabs, backroom politics, and homeboy Shozen wanders in with 0 clue and he's like "lol vicious bought a plot ooo".

Why are you so mad they don't talk about you because you are irrelevant?
    • HasteVIII schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

Hey, I'll agree with you as soon as SBI refunds the purchase of the game for anyone not in a Top 5 Mercia guild and gives them free premium for life.

Until then, I think SBI's accounting department would disagree with you on exactly who's relevant and who isn't.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

HasteVIII schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

Hey, I'll agree with you as soon as SBI refunds the purchase of the game for anyone not in a Top 5 Mercia guild and gives them free premium for life.
      Until then, I think SBI's accounting department would disagree with you on exactly who's relevant and who isn't.
      Tbh they just need a couple solid content updates, some solo hashing to bring in all the people who quit because they thought they could solo like the old RS days, and a Steam release to vamp this bitch up again.
    • HasteVIII schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

HasteVIII schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

Hey, I'll agree with you as soon as SBI refunds the purchase of the game for anyone not in a Top 5 Mercia guild and gives them free premium for life.Until then, I think SBI's accounting department would disagree with you on exactly who's relevant and who isn't.
      Tbh they just need a couple solid content updates, some solo hashing to bring in all the people who quit because they thought they could solo like the old RS days, and a Steam release to vamp this bitch up again.
      I agree with you and I'm not rooting against this game. I'm having fun still and want it to succeed. I just don't think sending the message that, if you aren't a top 5 Mercia guild, Black Mamba or LordVicious, you aren't relevant to the game, is the best choice.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• HasteVIII schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

I'm used to EVE where "war reports" actually contain some legit information and analysis (biased or otherwise), definitely not used to 2 dudes with 0 clue making shit up randomly, while trying to sell AO as some "e-sports" wannabe.
    • Syndic schrieb:

HasteVIII schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

I'm used to EVE where "war reports" actually contain some legit information and analysis (biased or otherwise), definitely not used to 2 dudes with 0 clue making shit up randomly, while trying to sell AO as some "e-sports" wannabe.
      Yeah I agree, but with nothing REAL going on in-game there isn't much to talk about.

Most of the drama is fabricated and IMO Alliances broke a good part of this game.
    • Hey guys,

Just want to step in and give some insights into the responses so far.

Getting a consistent war report in a livestream, vodcast and internationally accessible written format is a solid foundation for keeping everyone connected and aware of parts of the game not all players get to see - a lot of the feedback you're giving here is something we can easily rectify and improve going forward so it's much appreciated.

Is it easier for Shozen/Veetus to get information from MG/Fricks right now? Yes it's a fact, however, now that this up and running again, you can see Shozen as a contact point for news/ videos/ vods and so forth of what is taking place in a spectrum guilds, so that networking and knowledge of overall shifts in ownership, political warfare and hot topics can be more clearly represented on a weekly basis while being consistently improved.

This is a first shot in that regard, and always keep in mind that we are looking back a week, so a lot of established guilds will be fully aware of certain information and it may feel like things 'happened since then', this is supposed to be more of a catalyst of discussion than just informative or gossip based.

Not trying to steer your opinion here, merely food for thought. Again thanks for your feedback!

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Evoque schrieb:

Just want to step in and give some insights into the responses so far.

Getting a consistent war report in a livestream, vodcast and internationally accessible written format is a solid foundation for keeping everyone connected and aware of parts of the game not all players get to see - a lot of the feedback you're giving here is something we can easily rectify and improve going forward so it's much appreciated.

Is it easier for Shozen/Veetus to get information from MG/Fricks right now? Yes it's a fact, however, now that this up and running again, you can see Shozen as a contact point for news/ videos/ vods and so forth of what is taking place in a spectrum guilds, so that networking and knowledge of overall shifts in ownership, political warfare and hot topics can be more clearly represented on a weekly basis while being consistently improved.

This is a first shot in that regard, and always keep in mind that we are looking back a week, so a lot of established guilds will be fully aware of certain information and it may feel like things 'happened since then', this is supposed to be more of a catalyst of discussion than just informative or gossip based.

Not trying to steer your opinion here, merely food for thought. Again thanks for your feedback!

- Evoque
      Thanks for this note and explanation.

A lot of us have been listening to Shozen since his first podcast, so it's hard to remember this is the first official SBI war report. Shozen's done a bunch as an independent. I like the guy. He's a guy who's like: "I've always wanted to do a podcast. Let's do it for this new game I'm playing." He's an amateur doing what he loves, warts and all, and is now starting to make an official career out of it. Great for him. I do hope he continues to do well.

On a more constructive note, yes, I found it weird that we had long articles written about Mercia and Cumbria, yet the word "Anglia" didn't even appear once. Talk to KINGS, talk to POE, talk to FURA, talk to GG, guilds like Mercenarios and Zorn, SWIFT, Alliances of all shapes and sizes. We got Royals Alliances like COPS coming in and wreaking havoc wherever they go - no joke, I'm more afraid of them than anyone else. They're the Southwest Anglia's Baka. We got others who actively try to terrorize zones and solicit bribes from the big Alliances to back off. We're actually not the boring, irrelevant shitters you think we are. I promise! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()