Why Risk is Punished

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Why Risk is Punished

You better take some xanax and quit your risky tendencies because it is useless in this game
      Risk is punished, instead of being rewarded
      And it is mainly because the item power system is retarded
      Lets look at some numbers

Enchant level.0.1.2.3
      Power improvement-10%20%30%
      Market Pricexx3 (300%)x10 (1000%)x30 (3000%)

Well these numbers look, interesting
      But what do they mean?

It means you are a retard for taking your "strong" expensive items into any black zone and you should play it safe baby
      No risky business

In any mmo i wouldn't dream of reverting back to my noob items
      In Albion i wouldn't dream of taking my pr0 items outside of the city, arena, expedition or in a zerg

RIP Economy
    • There is an easy fix for this...increase rare resource drops... the more drops the more weapons/armor created. The more created the lower the price goes. Simple supply and demand.

Low Supply + High Demand = High prices
      High Supply + Lower Demand = Lower Prices

It's elementary my dear friends!

Even if they increased the drops by 50% it would have a huge effect on item price.

Fixed! Next problem please? ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Vampirian ()

• This is not a problem. This is a perceived problem by players that feel they deserve that gear. You don't. If you did, you would have it and use it frequently. Stop making up issues because you feel entitled to items.
      Just your neighborhood wolf dressed like a llama
      Ballin' so hard ya'll should triple team
    • I dont know if this is a troll post, but if its not then ill gladly explain why it is like this.

This is a player driven economy. ie the devs does not define the price, you dont have npc's selling gear.

The price of a item equals what players are willing to pay - otherwise it wouldnt sell.
      This means that the items sell for exactly what players find them to be worth.

If you think the cost is to high, then sell it.

I hope you are aware that the only solution to the problem you see is fixed prices for everything which means no auction house, no player trade etc.

Its basic economy.
    • Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

I dont know if this is a troll post, but if its not then ill gladly explain why it is like this.

This is a player driven economy. ie the devs does not define the price, you dont have npc's selling gear.

The price of a item equals what players are willing to pay - otherwise it wouldnt sell.

If you think the cost is to high, then sell it.

I hope you are aware that the only solution to the problem you see is fixed prices for everything which means no auction house, no player trade etc.

Its basic economy.
      Right
      And there is a problem in the economy

Do you think because it is player driven then it is perfect? An utopian world? Don't fool yourself

Items are ridiculously over valued considering this is a full-loot mmo. Its called inflation and somebody needs to help out the economy, in this case the devs.

As Vampirian stated earlier, increasing rare drops is one way to do that.
      Another solution is actually making these items worth their price, which currently they are not, in terms of item power.
    • Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

Its basic economy.

This mentality is the problem behind it all. Most people playing will think "if thats what people are paying then thats what that must be worth i guess i'll have to pay the same"

When in reality things are overpriced, prices are ridiculously inflated. You honestly think 3000%(in the best case scenario) for a 30% improvement is normal? Lets have a look in the real world

You buy a VW Golf 1.6 it costs you 15k u$d and it has 120hp
      Now say you wanna buy the GTI version with a turbo that has 156hp (30% more horsepower =.3 enchant) and since its "a player driven economy so prices must be right" it costs you 450k u$d
      makes sense right

"ITS BASIC ECONOMY"
      LMAO
    • Sadly, it's the same players who will come to this thread, fiercely defending the current system(s), that are the same sitting at the top ends of guild pyramid schemes and other lopsided mechanics. The aforementioned, whom strive to ensure things remain unchanged, run amok with contempt for others constructive criticism, facilitating retention of their place at the top ends of statistical percentiles.

It is like watching a community busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre.

Regards,

Woldemor
      Dragon of Destiny
      Follower of Corellon Larethian
    • It is not inflation. Inflation is actually pretty stagnant around 550 silver per gold. The issue is that .2 and .3 are too usuful.

Like others have said in here already; it is a player driven economy. Meaning if the mats did not have an intrinsic value then the product, being gear, would not be worth as much. The value, or demand, of the mats is actually what you have a problem with. What you fail to understand though is that the output on the equation will always be the same. Meaning if you nerf or buff the amount of benefit from .2 or .3 the value would then decrease or increase by the same percentage. And if they made it more common the amount of risk you'd be taking would drop, and so would the output by the same percentage. You can already get this result by just buying lower tier gear in the game however.

So the problem really isn't a problem at all, or the problem lies in your thought process. ;)
    • Hey, free market bro. If you wanna come rolling around in my neighborhood like some fresh ARCH recruit in T4 because it's super cost efficient... do you.

I'll probably kill you effortlessly in the T6/T6.1 that I couldn't care less if I lose... but if it's any consolation, I'd probably just leave that shit on your body. You could come back and loot it again and be even more cost efficient.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Hey, free market bro. If you wanna come rolling around in my neighborhood like some fresh ARCH recruit in T4 because it's super cost efficient... do you.

I'll probably kill you effortlessly in the T6/T6.1 that I couldn't care less if I lose... but if it's any consolation, I'd probably just leave that shit on your body. You could come back and loot it again and be even more cost efficient.
      Actually i use T6 aswell

Sinatra.SUN schrieb:

An item is worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it
      Yeah and im not willing to pay gold for scraps

You wanna price .2 and .3 like its ART go ahead because that really is all its for

Its a shiny item that looks good
      If you roll with that into bz people dont run afraid for their lives when they see you
      Instead they think 'look a shiny loot piñata' and hunt you down for profit
      ART
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Hey, free market bro. If you wanna come rolling around in my neighborhood like some fresh ARCH recruit in T4 because it's super cost efficient... do you.

Yeah because all combat is 1v1 right? He will bring two of his buddies, all in flat T4, and kick the shit out of you in your T6. In a gank-dominated PvP game, using high tier gear isn't worth shit if you get gank-banged.
    • Mardonius schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

Yeah because all combat is 1v1 right? He will bring two of his buddies, all in flat T4, and kick the shit out of you in your T6. In a gank-dominated PvP game, using high tier gear isn't worth shit if you get gank-banged.
      Lol. When 2 players approach me, I retreat and come back with 4.

Are you such a shitter that whenever 2+ enemies appear on your screen, you always die?