Why Risk is Punished

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• RockLobster schrieb:

Mardonius schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

Hey, free market bro. If you wanna come rolling around in my neighborhood like some fresh ARCH recruit in T4 because it's super cost efficient... do you.

I'll probably kill you effortlessly in the T6/T6.1 that I couldn't care less if I lose... but if it's any consolation, I'd probably just leave that shit on your body. You could come back and loot it again and be even more cost efficient.
      Yeah because all combat is 1v1 right? He will bring two of his buddies, all in flat T4, and kick the shit out of you in your T6. In a gank-dominated PvP game, using high tier gear isn't worth shit if you get gank-banged.
      Lol. When 2 players approach me, I retreat and come back with 4.
      Are you such a shitter that whenever 2+ enemies appear on your screen, you always die?
      That is beside the point. You are talking like your gear is the deciding factor. It isn't. In a gank PvP game, it is the numbers which matters most.
    • Reezon schrieb:

Risk is punished, instead of being rewarded
      Risk is rewarded. Did it ever occur to you that you are just bad? And bad at risk management?

Reezon schrieb:

Lets look at some numbers

Enchant level
      Power improvement
      -
      10%
      20%
      30%
      Market Price
      x
      x3 (300%)
      x10 (1000%)
      x30 (3000%)
      plus - your numbers are way off...

You didnt count in the masteries, which add up on top of the .2 or .3 gear and make you even stronger...

Frozne schrieb:

Stop making up issues because you feel entitled to items.
      QFT!!!

Mardonius schrieb:

How is ti fun not to be able to use your best gear? That is the opposite of fun.
      Its called risk management. Its opposite of Themepark MMO and opposite of HelloKittyOnline - because there is no risk, no loss, and therefore no feeling of a reward. Everyone has same shit.

AO is a very different game - and you're crying cuz its hard for you to adapt and figure it out... because you've played theme park for too long...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Mardonius schrieb:

How is ti fun not to be able to use your best gear? That is the opposite of fun.
      Its called risk management. Its opposite of Themepark MMO and opposite of HelloKittyOnline - because there is no risk, no loss, and therefore no feeling of a reward. Everyone has same shit.
      AO is a very different game - and you're crying cuz its hard for you to adapt and figure it out... because you've played theme park for too long...
      Is everything black and white for you? I guess at your age you haven't figured out that most things in life aren't.
    • One thing I've personally seen over the few years of beta was how the simplicity of re-gearing went south , which I understand you need progression being a MMO . But it seemed when things were easier to get you seen far more people actually out fighting in zones which meant more PvP/Ganking all the time . People weren't scared to die , now most don't want to lose that gear being the cost or time to replace it . So people use a lesser to counter this issue wearing base gear or a lower tier .

I feel the direction they took was a bit steep in a sense but I'd say was needed . I know a lot don't like simplicity but in a full loot pvp game sometimes such a simple word can go a long ways in terms of getting players out of towns and out fighting .
      ~ Hohoz ~
    • flat 7 isn't even hard to get. You just need to get your gathering high enough to get it.

The value of mats isn't really how rare the nodes are. It is how rare it is to find someone with their proficiency high enough to gather it, and willing to risk the gathering gear.

The game is more complex than you think. It isn't just you risking your gear. Someone had to risk their gear to get the mats for you to wear your gear. Even at the prices mats go for now there are very few people gathering t7 mats, and as the population decreases there will be fewer gatherers. That means the price of high end mats will probably increase.
    • Dulu schrieb:

I've lost so much 7.2 / 8.1, and even some 8.2...

If I sat around scared to death all day, I'd quit this game.

Only way to get good is to go out into the world and PvP and risk it big.
      Well this all depends on where you're risking that 7.2 and 8.1

If you bring that into a gvg sure the risk of the gear of that level is worth the reward and sometimes for hellgates it's worth it.

If you however run around the open world in that it's actually pointless outside of a zerg, all you're doing is bleeding gear with almost no reward which is kinda what this post is about. Bringing more expensive gear sure gives a noticeable stat difference but it really won't matter when you're outnumbered 4 to 1. Sure the fair fights you do win and maybe recover some of the money but eventually you will die and lose more than you gained.

It's not that people are scared to risk good gear it's that justifying risking something 10x more expensive for only a 10% increase in stats which doesn't matter in many situations anyways.
      All full loot games are like this, why risk hours upon hours of work when there can be a very likely scenario that you will lose it for no gain and if you did "win" the objective or w/e the reward is hardly worth the risk.
    • Reezon schrieb:

You better take some xanax and quit your risky tendencies because it is useless in this game
      Risk is punished, instead of being rewarded
      And it is mainly because the item power system is retarded
      Lets look at some numbers

Enchant level.0.1.2.3
      Power improvement-10%20%30%
      Market Pricexx3 (300%)x10 (1000%)x30 (3000%)

Another post where Reezon is mad he can't buy victory.

You can't compare power improvement and market price directly. A 50% power improvement over someone else will guarantee you win 100% of the time without massive mistakes. If you're competent, a 20% power improvement should be enough to win 95% of the time.

As Sinatra said, an item is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If no one wanted to pay 10x the price for the power boost, nothing would sell for that much, and the price would drop. This is how a market game works. Sometimes, people will pay more than you think something is worth. You just gotta accept that and move on. For a real life example, see people mad about LA rent prices.

Woldemor schrieb:

Sadly, it's the same players who will come to this thread, fiercely defending the current system(s), that are the same sitting at the top ends of guild pyramid schemes and other lopsided mechanics. The aforementioned, whom strive to ensure things remain unchanged, run amok with contempt for others constructive criticism, facilitating retention of their place at the top ends of statistical percentiles.

It is like watching a community busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre.
      This is hilariously backwards. The current system helps those who are new and more casual. You get diminishing returns for your money, so people who start the game months later can catch up to a reasonable place.

How would making T8 gear stronger help anyone but the elite who have guilds farming for them? You want those players to be able to run around in open world and 1v5 as well? Ridiculous.
    • It is a balance. Never go out in the black with something you can't afford to lose, but at the same time run gear that is strong enough to win the fights you do want to take. I gather/gank so the .1 or even .2 help in fights, but as a gatherer I can say those .3 nodes are hard to come by even in the zones with highest spawn rates so I'm going to get paid for them.
      Purity through fire. Flames for a price.