ALL weapons underpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• ALL weapons underpowered

For real..

The power jumps from one tier to the next is just too small
      It is too small
      Should be doubled at least

I think t6 should pretty much two hit a t4 and that is not the case. Two 4.0 guys can easily kill a 6.0 (4.2reg items) guy in bz so there is little incentive to bring out the good gear.
      And the problem isn't in 2v1 only but i think its clear to see that two people who spent 5 times less on gear(and or fame) than someone risking a lot more on full t6 don't have the need to risk more. And likewise there isn't a clear reward for taking such a risk.

Now lets look at it from a 2v2 side of the equation. Two people spend absolute crap on 4.0 while two other guys go full 6.0. They 2v2 in the wild and the 6.0 come out as winners, maybe one of them even dies if he got focused. So the 4.0 lose crap, nothing, zero, literally nada. While the 6.0 guys also stand to win absolute crap from the 4.0 guys and one of them even risks death.

These two scenarios just seem ridiculous and show too many flaws in the pvp economy side of things.

That is why i propose making the power jumps way bigger. So a 6.0 can smash two 4.0 guys risking nothing and a 5.0 stand a chance on a 2v1.
    • Having higher tier "smash" lower tier is a great way for the people who are already further ahead of you in terms of weapon and specialization level to completely deny you any ability to compete. Additionally it means that people with more money are much more powerful than those without. New players get further behind while old players sit back and dominate by virtue of the fact that they've been playing longer.

I've seen other people tell you in the Enchantment thread that Eve online has a similar system where higher levels don't yield as much benefit. This is known as diminishing returns and means that new players can become competitive in a reasonable amount of time, while older players still enjoy some marginal benefit having grinded up weapons and armor.

Sorry if you don't like the system, but it's actually quite well designed.
    • Vyle nailed it.

This an excellent design from the devs. It's still an RPG, and you make your character stronger, but time or money doesn't mean you automatically win. The power jumps are just right I think.

I once beat a guy in a straight 1v1 that was two tiers above me. I outplayed him, and it was a close fight. If your changes went through, I'd have just lost no matter what. Outplay would not matter, because he would be too strong.

Diminishing returns give new players a fighting chance to catch up, and rewards skill more, compared to making the game more about grind/$$$.
    • FriendlyFire schrieb:

Vyle nailed it.

This an excellent design from the devs. It's still an RPG, and you make your character stronger, but time or money doesn't mean you automatically win. The power jumps are just right I think.

I once beat a guy in a straight 1v1 that was two tiers above me. I outplayed him, and it was a close fight. If your changes went through, I'd have just lost no matter what. Outplay would not matter, because he would be too strong.

Diminishing returns give new players a fighting chance to catch up, and rewards skill more, compared to making the game more about grind/$$$.

Well thanks for proving my point
      Beating someone 1v1 who is two tiers above you is just retarded
    • Reezon schrieb:

If he would have played semi-close to as well as me, I'd have had no chance. But he played like an idiot, and died because of it.

You want a game where a two tier advantage means you can win by slamming your face on the keyboard?

I'll be honest. Sounds like you're bad at PvP and want to be able to buy victory.
    • FriendlyFire schrieb:

Reezon schrieb:

If he would have played semi-close to as well as me, I'd have had no chance. But he played like an idiot, and died because of it.
      You want a game where a two tier advantage means you can win by slamming your face on the keyboard?

I'll be honest. Sounds like you're bad at PvP and want to be able to buy victory.

Sure thats what i said.

Slam my face into the keyboard and get kills.

That is totally my point.
    • FriendlyFire schrieb:

Reezon schrieb:

lol this
    • Reezon schrieb:

FriendlyFire schrieb:

Reezon schrieb:

If he would have played semi-close to as well as me, I'd have had no chance. But he played like an idiot, and died because of it.You want a game where a two tier advantage means you can win by slamming your face on the keyboard?

Sure thats what i said.

Slam my face into the keyboard and get kills.

That is totally my point.
      What is your point then?

You said "it's retarded to beat someone 2 tiers above you". Does that not mean you think someone with two tiers better gear should always win? Would that not imply they can play bad (aka slam face into keyboard) and still win?