The main problems as I see them

• Korn wrote:

Guild management tools right now are lacking. We want guild to be able to do the following things much more easily than right now: Organize and manage their guilds. (rights / roles / guild bank with tabs / etc) Track what guild members are doing (detailed stats and activity logs with API support). Reward their guild members (guild currency ("DKP" system). Guild market with rights management. etc. These features have been postponed for too long due to the pressures of getting the game ready for release.
    This statement shows where your priorities are a bit off.

Release is not simply a date set by a company. Its a state of development that reflects a complete product ready for market. Prioritizing a date vs a complete product cost you the respect of many customers that will not return or even give positive word of mouth. Ppl can be very forgiving in a beta, but when you fully release a product that is very clearly incomplete, you've just set a precedence for your company, and this is what we will all expect from you guys in the future.
  • RockLobster wrote:

1.) De-Isolating Guilds. This is more of an issue for Anglia guilds than anything else. Cumbria guilds can be in Mercia (or Anglia for whatever reason) with, at most, one 10 minute delay (though eastern Cumbria residents can be in Mercia effortlessly), while it takes Anglia residents up to 25-30 minutes to get to Mercia, provided they start their gaming session in the Black Zone. This means, if we ever want to gather in a zone where it's worthwhile to gather... or fame farm in a Tier VIII zone, it's an absolutely massive undertaking for us. 25-30 minutes just to even have a chance to try and out-muscle Mercia guilds at a place where they can get to in 2 minutes? Or 25-30 minutes just to actually have a shot at getting some .2 and .3 materials?

Also, forget even trying to coordinate a move to Mercia guild as an Anglia guild. The logistics of trying to get 1-2 full war parties from Anglia to Mercia for a Warcamp romp is far too difficult.... and if you were to lose, the blow to morale after all the prepwork would basically piss off any chance of ever doing it again.

Play in an Anglia guild for a bit - I think you'll find the experience somewhat enlightening. Moreover, it wouldn't even address the biggest underlying problem with Anglia - we're pissed we can't get out of it more easily. Perhaps a solution would be to make Anglia actually worth staying in and not "the only place we could have gone because everywhere else was already taken." Why not give us some reasons to stay? Some Tier VIII (or even Tier VII) zones to fame farm in. Or maybe make the enchanted material rate something a little better than 4x less than Mercia. As it stands, it feels like I'm wasting time gathering in my guild's Anglia lands... which is starting to beg the question why the fuck am I even here? Why don't I just leave and join a Merica guild because that's the only place that matters in Albion.
    I think you should just log out in caerleon like the 90% of players in the game that dont hold territory do. For the reasons you just said why should you spend time where you base anyways... well stop. I then think the issues with warp gate locking is an odd problem. It stops players from just warping around so fast but it locks you if you are on the opposite side of the gates.

Solutions could include have Outland cities. The state of things right now is built for a small population.
    The only place anyone can effectively play is Mercia. anyone who isnt there is at a disadvantage.
    90% of the game world is necessary but pointless for people. eventually people will abandon Blue and Yellow zones except the 5 people who go about on Ox gathering T2-T3 stuff which is so easy you only need 5 people to support the population. Everyone else wants to be in Mercia, and they are ever moving towards it. This is why the population has shifted so heavy into Instanced content. especially Expo because they get silver. There is 0 trade going on in the world as far as a NetGDP we are at 0 not really gaining not really losing. There is only 1 game Caerleon and mercia leaving this zone is a waste of your time.

More endgame locations is the only thing that will drive real trading and force players to play in more than 1 set of Zones. I am not even sure why all BZ are not equal... it just makes no sense.
  • blappo wrote:

I think you should just log out in caerleon like the 90% of players in the game that dont hold territory do. For the reasons you just said why should you spend time where you base anyways... well stop. I then think the issues with warp gate locking is an odd problem. It stops players from just warping around so fast but it locks you if you are on the opposite side of the gates.

Solutions could include have Outland cities. The state of things right now is built for a small population.
    The only place anyone can effectively play is Mercia. anyone who isnt there is at a disadvantage.
    90% of the game world is necessary but pointless for people. eventually people will abandon Blue and Yellow zones except the 5 people who go about on Ox gathering T2-T3 stuff which is so easy you only need 5 people to support the population. Everyone else wants to be in Mercia, and they are ever moving towards it. This is why the population has shifted so heavy into Instanced content. especially Expo because they get silver. There is 0 trade going on in the world as far as a NetGDP we are at 0 not really gaining not really losing. There is only 1 game Caerleon and mercia leaving this zone is a waste of your time.

More endgame locations is the only thing that will drive real trading and force players to play in more than 1 set of Zones. I am not even sure why all BZ are not equal... it just makes no sense.
    It's a fair point. I did try that, but usually when I log on, my guild is doing an organized activity. Be it a pacify, an attack, castle or even just ganking. What am I going to do, say: "Sorry guys - soloing in Mercia is more important than doing guild stuff?"

If I did that, I'd have to ask myself: "If I'd rather solo in Mercia than play with my guild, why am I even here?" So, inevitably, I'd push off my Mercia gathering runs for another day and go play in Anglia. After doing that 3 days in a row, I said fuck it and stopped trying to make time.

That said, I am starting to feel like my guild's conquests in Anglia are completely hollow and pointless. Look at the Royal Lands - Kingdom has taken over 2/3rds of it. A small guild of around 50+ people. That's amazing. Does anyone give a shit or even talk about them? No. Let that sink in: a guild that has nearly achieved a conquest hegemony over an entire continent... in a conquest-styled game... and the design of the game has players going: "Who the fuck is Kingdom? Who cares. It's not Mercia." Shit, they didn't even get a footnote in the first official Albion War Report. That's how little shits we give.

That's just terrible, if not a little sad.

The post was edited 4 times, last by RockLobster ().

• Targun wrote:

@Captainrussia
    You once suggested that a player who don't feel motivation to play AO should go to a therapist.
    Yes you are an addict.

As for Risk vs Reward you seem not to get that it's "risk => reward" not "risk <=> reward".

The base of reward system in every MMO is reward for time spend playing. risk reward is just some extra on top of that.

@'RichardManjuice'
    CV as in Circling Vultures? the black zone T8 worldboss territory?

Don't you see a little fuckin problem with the game design if the answer for "there is not enough dungeons for newbie players" is "take them to the fuckin ultimate top endgame Boss"??
    Because for me it seems like a slight irregularity in game progression curve.
    The point I was making is that it isn't hard to farm in this game.
  • RichardManjuice wrote:

Targun wrote:

@Captainrussia
    You once suggested that a player who don't feel motivation to play AO should go to a therapist.
    Yes you are an addict.

As for Risk vs Reward you seem not to get that it's "risk => reward" not "risk <=> reward".

The base of reward system in every MMO is reward for time spend playing. risk reward is just some extra on top of that.

@'RichardManjuice'

Don't you see a little fuckin problem with the game design if the answer for "there is not enough dungeons for newbie players" is "take them to the fuckin ultimate top endgame Boss"??
    @RichardManjuice is either trolling because hes a tool or is a troll and doesnt realize he is. I think.... not sure his response to this will answer that question
  • blappo wrote:

RichardManjuice wrote:

Targun wrote:

@Captainrussia
    Yes you are an addict.

@'RichardManjuice'

@RichardManjuice is either trolling because hes a tool or is a troll and doesnt realize he is. I think.... not sure his response to this will answer that question
    I am not trolling. Lol. Maybe getting T8 reaver has been harder for some. I don't know, but I can take 1 healer and 2 DPS and farm T7 dungeons all day. Add a T8 reaver tank and we can hit CV. It's just slower.

I agree with all that's said here about adding more dungeons. However, the intent of my message was that there are very GOOD ways to farm in black zone territories with a little understanding of the game. There are hundreds of empty little solo dungeons all throughout the territories that are perfect for 2-3 man groups. You can even farm them in 4 flat. People are simply afraid. The content is there. The real issue is that people want to do it safely because. How safe do you make a PvP game?
  • I personally have been soloing solo dgs in the bz and let me tell you.....fame, sure.....silver, sure......will i log in again and power farm these? Hell no. They are terrible. You just run by all mobs, use invis to lose target, kill miniboss, boss, collect chest, warp out, repeat this junk. The forums offer more play than this. Hell just jump on Rucoy on uet phone if pure boring, non challenging, grind is what you like. I actually prefer dungeons and pve. This is not either. Its just nothing. Who cares about risk? It has to be somewhat fun.
  • Targun wrote:

Creating content for newbie guildies in AO:
    Newbs need fame and I want them to learn to play together so i start fame farm team.
    - spend an hour before everyone is ready to go.
    - Go to Highbole Glen
    - 3zerg blobs inside, countless smaller parties roaming desperately trying to find a mob to kill.
    - Desperately roam the dungeon trying to find a mob to kill.
    - get 10k fame in an hour.
    - people get frustrated and start leaving.
    - some of them leave the game for good because games are meant to be fun not frustrating.

Great game design SBI!

Oh, and what if my newbie guildies don't have t6 reaver skill so they would be able to go to one of 2 T6 red dungeons in the game?

They can chose one of TWO FUCKIN T5 DUNGEONS AVAILABIE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!!
    TWO DUNGEON FOR THOUSANDS OF ONLINE PLAYERS!!!!

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A RELASED GAME?
    HOW THE FUCK THIS IS CHOSEN AS A FINAL DESIGN AFTER YEARS OF BETA???

WHAT
    THE
    FUCK
    WHERE YOU THINKING????

Seriously.
    Please make a video explaining how this was chosen to be final game design, what are the pros of this design and why do you think it's better for the game if newbie people stop playing because the only option to farm fame for them is countless mindnumbingly boring expeditions or ONE frustrating overcrowded dungeon .
    One, because of course every dungeon at the same tier is the exact copy of itself.
    minus the cursing this is my view too, why plan for failure?

so much of what is wrong with the game is lack of space, because during beta there was a lack of players in the bigger map. so instead of thinking "most people aren't too into wiping again" you said "OMG all these people will leave, lets make it smaller"

now granted with all the people who have quit BZ dungeons are viable again, but i gave up on RC ones long ago 40k players trying to get into a dungeon meant for 5.

i actually think the 20% donation done automatically is a good idea (not sure how), i make donations now. To those freakin out over it, it is literally 1 of every 4 mats i gather. Well worth the added benefits of BZ gathering, Mercia enchantments, 20-48* return on all refining and crafting. The base 20% on the crafting stations alone gets you that 1 out of 4 back anyway.

OP good post i actually agree with most.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noreaga ().

• Raithe wrote:

I personally have been soloing solo dgs in the bz and let me tell you.....fame, sure.....silver, sure......will i log in again and power farm these? Hell no. They are terrible. You just run by all mobs, use invis to lose target, kill miniboss, boss, collect chest, warp out, repeat this junk. The forums offer more play than this. Hell just jump on Rucoy on uet phone if pure boring, non challenging, grind is what you like. I actually prefer dungeons and pve. This is not either. Its just nothing. Who cares about risk? It has to be somewhat fun.
    Farming in general sucks. Bottom line. In any game. Once I hit 100 masteries I am out of dungeons lol. So close.

I rep farmed for 4 hours in SS last night with 0 issue.

However, I fully support more RZ dungeons.
  • Korn wrote:

FuS wrote:

I've been playing the game a long time as a leader and a player, these are some of the the changes/ideas I would love to see .

1) Pressure on GMs/Officers to create content for their guild even though there are zero tools in place to help them do it. Guild hopping is rampart part of the game people jumping ship trying to find somewhere they can get consistent content but a lot of people don't realise how much work it is for the higher ups in guilds. I’m not sure if this is brought about by a lack of just content in the game or just that personal goals feel very unrewarding compared to “dominate a region of black zones”.

Things that could help:

A way to tax gatherers:

Guild missions :

Reward loyal members:

Guild management tools right now are lacking. We want guild to be able to do the following things much more easily than right now: Organize and manage their guilds. (rights / roles / guild bank with tabs / etc) Track what guild members are doing (detailed stats and activity logs with API support). Reward their guild members (guild currency ("DKP" system). Guild market with rights management. etc. These features have been postponed for too long due to the pressures of getting the game ready for release.

These sound like great changes but seem so unrealistic on the current dev cycle. What I would much prefer would be small simple quality of life changes implemented in the now rather then "we got these great ideas, sometime in 2018."

2) Never changing landscape: same guilds, same teams, same times, every day, kill me.

We will make it easier to take home plots, and the upcoming invasion feature should change the guild landscape on a regular basis and keep it fresh. We'll also increase the value of watch tower territories, allowing open world raiding of them (beyond resource stealing) and have seasonal guild ranks with special rewards to top it off.

The big problem I have with the proposed invasion system is that it only creates content monthly and only for a week or so then the same stagnation sets back in as the true power of outlands won't change. We need outlands to be much more dynamic in who controls what potentially day to day shifts but at the latest week to week. There needs to be other avenues for new guilds to get a foothold into the black zones and even the royals.

Things that could help:

De-isolate guilds:

Not sure about removing the lock-out timer, as it would create drastic power projection problems. The above mentioned changes to Outland territories however should increase guilds interest beyond their home zones. On top of that, we can always strengthen open world objectives to encourage more PvP.

With a decreasing player base we need ways to create more enemies, I havn't seen players from 90% of the world because I live in Mercia. That just doesn't seem right for an open world sand box game. There is no political relationships outside of the people who live close by, so many untapped players and resources for content. The main issues is it just not even logically feasible to worry about things anywhere in the world but next to you, there's no where to conquer except left and right from your homeplot and even then you are timezone restricted for the majority of teams.

Make losing homeplots painless:

What we'll likely do is this: drastically reduce the defender bonus. But: if you lose a home plot, you get a certain number of days to evacuate your stuff before the new owner takes over.

Quit guild/game or move 100 ox's worth of stuff. Tough decision for 90% of the guild that just lost their home. It need's to be easy and automatic. Why would a guild even move into a homeplot if they have to demolish their guild island and run all that stone to a homeplot? The benefits aren't worth the hassle especially if they could potentially lose it again over the next week then they have to do 100 ox's again. There seems to be some kind of mental black on homeplots in general it's like you've put off the problem for so long that you're just like fuck it, I'm sure something will work. We have been reporting these issues for years.

IP Cap GvG’s:

We did consider this prior to release, but instead of going for a cap for GvGs, we decided to just flatten the top end item power curve in general. How, what we do think is an issue for GvGs is that the stronger team often wins without suffering from a single death - hence, they do not really risk that much by bringing their best gear. This has to do with the battle mode currently used for GvGs. There is probably a case to be made for using the arena battle mode - or something similar - for GvGs instead. In that mode, if you always bring your best gear, you'd likely still suffer the occasional death, costing you a lot.

I'd love to hear how you are going to help get new guilds into homeplots(because that's what creates long last content). We need different avenues of attack, how many guilds/teams feel disenfranchised because it is SO difficult to even get a yellow/red zone GvG. You need to start planning for the next generations of guilds and teams because as it stands right now it is almost impossible for them to achieve any form of conquest.

3) Not enough gear loss, gold going up. Prices on gear going down.

The overall gear loss rate seems to be pretty good, otherwise, we'd have seen significant gear inflation which as far as I can tell we don't have. This would be concerning only if at some stage, enchanted T7 or T8 gear would be the "standard" gear to use. The gold/silver price is only indirectly related to this, due to gold being used to pay for premium. Now, when it comes to lower end gear, if we'd feel there is a massive issue, then we could always increase gear sinks via the black market corruption mechanic. From an economic point of view though, gear prices are only an issue if and only if gathering is no longer really "worth it", as gear prices are a function of resource prices. So how much silver would I make right now if I do safe zone gathering? How does that compare to running expeditions, for example? As long as these two numbers are not totally out of whack, low end gear sinks are sufficient

This is under the assumption that is worth wearing high tier gear in any of the content outside of GvG's. It isn't.

Things that could help:

Realign the power of gear: like I said before in the IP cap gvg’s. Get people in high tier gear in the open world not in gvg’s.

4) Solo PvE - doing solo PvE in OW is just a death trap. Not sure the solution to this one but this is one of the main reasons people either stand around in town and wait for a group or just do expeditions. Maybe boost the fame so even if people die the payout is worth it. Let's get more people in the world!

I don't think there is too much room for boost open world fame even more. (we recently boosted it and dealt with the speed running issues in expeditions) I'm pretty sure that even right now, doing open world PvE in the Outlands with cheap gear is more effective than running expeditions even if you get killed from time to time. (please let me know if you disagree) It's just that many people don't want to do this for lack of experience or psychological reasons. (@'Captainrussia')

Don't need to boost the fame per say but offer more places to get it, maybe even add some T8 green dungeons. Even expand the green dungeons interior so you can create small loops behind mob walls so you get some early warning when farming. But yea dying isn't a problem if you're leveling cheap sets but who is doing that? People are pushing fame for META builds, so they can compete in GvG's/HG's. They are all expensive.

Discord me bro - FuStv#0408
  • FuS wrote:

Don't need to boost the fame per say but offer more places to get it, maybe even add some T8 green dungeons.
    Gee, what's it like to walk into a Tier VIII zone? Must be nice. I'm with you on 95% of this... but this triggered me a little. lol

You want more options in your T8 zones. I'd love to actually visit one sometime but since Anglia is a floating shit pile filled with fucktarded Tier III and IV zones and the Royal Lands are one worse than that, ain't gonna happen unless I spend 30 minutes forming a Warparty from my Anglia guild, 25-30 minutes travel time... and bring a war party to fight off the Mercia guild zergs who own the T8 zones.

And more than likely, we'll get about 15-20 minutes of farming time before 2-3 blobs rally and wipe us out.

@Korn can we maybe find a happy medium here between buffing the already existing T8 zones that the top Merica guilds have on lockdown and throwing a bone toward the dogshit piles that everyone else has to settle for?

The post was edited 6 times, last by RockLobster ().

• RockLobster wrote:

FuS wrote:

Don't need to boost the fame per say but offer more places to get it, maybe even add some T8 green dungeons.
    What's it like to walk into a Tier VIII zone? Must be nice.
    I'm with you on 95% of this... but this triggered me a little. You want more options in your T8 zones. I'd love to actually visit one sometime but since Anglia is a floating shit pile filled with fucktarded Tier III and IV zones and the Royal Lands are one worse than that, ain't gonna happen unless I spend 30 minutes forming a Warparty from my Anglia guild, 25-30 minutes travel time... and bring a war party to fight off the Mercia guild zergs who own the T8 zones.

And more than likely, we'll get about 15-20 minutes of farming time before 2-3 blobs rally and wipe us out.

@Korn can we maybe find a happy medium here?
    I totally agree that with how the game is designed in terms of power distribution the clear goal for guilds is to move from west to east. Except there is no way possible for a guild to do that with lockout timers and the inability to siege outside of war tents. So if guilds are forced to not move there should be T8 content across all the black zones because as it stands there is no discernible metric that says Mercia is harder then Anglia. Ideally though, you should cultivate a move to Mercia mind set because its the best just to create that drive and guild ambition. All we need now is ways to do it.
    Discord me bro - FuStv#0408
  • @Korn A problem i see with the new invasions and terry raiding coming out is I feel that they will devalue the importance of 5man GvG and capturing these points all together. Guilds arent going to want to risk the high end gear for a territory that ARCH will just zerg down an hour later with 100 people in cheap t4 gear. The new system is going to lead to even more "NO-SHOW" GvG's.

In my opinion, for this to actually work as desired there needs to be a cap on alliance membership in some way. I think ALL alliances in the blackzone are WAYYYYY too big. If alliances had a cap of 3-4 guilds (900-1200 members), there would be much much much more parity in the black zone. Right now mercia is MOSTLY owned by 2 alliances, WOKE and LMAO. If you limit these alliances, (and ARCH) you would see more guilds fighting each other and a much bigger need to control territories. More GvG teams would spring up left and right based off of necessity.

The new invasions + territory stealing is going to greatly favor what ever alliance can bring the biggest zerg, so there needs to be a limit before everyone just joins 1 alliance because GvGing has no purpose anymore.

Please consider it!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Goingindry ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey Fus,

thanks for the great feedback.

Please see my comments in red.

FuS wrote:

IP Cap GvG’s: I hate to say it but new aspiring teams/guilds just can’t compete with legacy guilds economy even if town plots were winnable it won’t be new guilds getting them it will just be already established guilds owning more homeplots. I would then realign the strength of high tier gear so it becomes the open world gear if some is in 8.1 they should be able to win a 1v3 against t4 players etc. That way guild economies are actually by the guild for the guild and not just by the guild for GvG teams.

We did consider this prior to release, but instead of going for a cap for GvGs, we decided to just flatten the top end item power curve in general. How, what we do think is an issue for GvGs is that the stronger team often wins without suffering from a single death - hence, they do not really risk that much by bringing their best gear. This has to do with the battle mode currently used for GvGs. There is probably a case to be made for using the arena battle mode - or something similar - for GvGs instead. In that mode, if you always bring your best gear, you'd likely still suffer the occasional death, costing you a lot.

It was time to hear something that gives opportunity to small groups! If this happens it is very likely that many people will return to the game. The balance between equipment in a battle like the GvG would make this game fantastic and would not limit certain aspects of the game to people who have 9k players in their alliance and end-game team.

When this happens they should do it with publicity, it really could change the idea of people about Albion. I'm sure that the drop in population is due to the closed end-game content for those who pay more gold or for those who are more.

:thumbsup:

@Korn Thank you for keeping the supportive community fresh!
  • I agree with all of this... been playing since beta 1 myself... the solo dungeons in black zones should give a portal on boss kill... you get a special dungeon that would take about 30 mins to complete, but would be exclusive to you.. after you are done you are thrust back into the black zone as a solo tho...

To be more specific this solo dungeon should give you black zone fame and the end boss has a very high chance to drop a rune artifact...
    Remove the following features: Fast Travel and Re-Roll.
    ( If you agree with me, copy my signature to help make this opinion more widespread. )
  • Also gatherers in large guilds have no reason to complain, they are given alot of things on a platter, and if guild leaders want things done a certain way, that should be able to be done (including taxing gathered mats)
    Remove the following features: Fast Travel and Re-Roll.
    ( If you agree with me, copy my signature to help make this opinion more widespread. )
  • Korn wrote:

Hey Fus,

thanks for the great feedback.

Please see my comments in red.

FuS wrote:

4) Solo PvE - doing solo PvE in OW is just a death trap. Not sure the solution to this one but this is one of the main reasons people either stand around in town and wait for a group or just do expeditions. Maybe boost the fame so even if people die the payout is worth it. Let's get more people in the world!

I don't think there is too much room for boost open world fame even more. (we recently boosted it and dealt with the speed running issues in expeditions) I'm pretty sure that even right now, doing open world PvE in the Outlands with cheap gear is more effective than running expeditions even if you get killed from time to time. (please let me know if you disagree) It's just that many people don't want to do this for lack of experience or psychological reasons. (@'Captainrussia')

I usually PvE solo, and i do like the fame WHEN i get to kill the mobs, and during the peak hours I just log off because everyone is packed into a single zone with no fame to be gained in red zones, and I feel like the main problem in black zones is that getting one shot by someone just running by because you're low on health from mobs is just so extremely demotivating that I just usually don't come back to do so that day. Maybe more spots to farm fame would make things better or longer dungeons that would actually take players TIME to get to the end instead of just being able to run to the end with the bubble still up.

The post was edited 2 times, last by IprobeU ().

• RockLobster wrote:

blappo wrote:

That said, I am starting to feel like my guild's conquests in Anglia are completely hollow and pointless. Look at the Royal Lands - Kingdom has taken over 2/3rds of it. A small guild of around 50+ people. That's amazing. Does anyone give a shit or even talk about them? No. Let that sink in: a guild that has nearly achieved a conquest hegemony over an entire continent... in a conquest-styled game... and the design of the game has players going: "Who the fuck is Kingdom? Who cares. It's not Mercia." Shit, they didn't even get a footnote in the first official Albion War Report. That's how little shits we give.
    @RockLobster We only have 10 players, with a few alts each. :)
  • Raserei wrote:

RockLobster wrote:

blappo wrote:

@RockLobster We only have 10 players, with a few alts each. :)
    Get the fuck out of here.... really?

Hey @Shozen @Evoque - can you interview Kingdom all ready? I'm more interested in the alleged 10 guys who fucking own 2/3rds the Royal Lands than another puff piece on MG, OOPS or WOKE. World of Warcraft players know Fricks is recruiting... no one cares. THIS shit right here is actually interesting.

The post was edited 2 times, last by RockLobster ().